[NO BUG] How to use radio?

ebabil

How can i set a radio freq. via ufc?

Can anyone explain step by step?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes I read a bit. I tried to set frequency by turning the know to M then dialed the numbers but couldn't head atc

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

We had some issues with the KC-135BDA tanker, is it that station you are trying to call? We switched to the KC-130 and it worked as intended.

However, a few times we had to put in the freq between 2-5 times before it got stuck. When this happens it reverts back to 305.000 (default?). Try again a few times and it suddenly stick with it. Same on both radios.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

How to Use the Radios

1. Select desired radio preset frequency by rotating either the COMM 1 or COMM 2 knob. The frequency preset will be displayed on the Scratchpad.

2. Press COMM 1 or COMM 2 on the radio switch on the throttles based on radio the frequency is tuned to.

3. Use the Radio Menu to issue your radio message.

From the Manual. Come on guys, its not that hard. Under controls its listed as COMM Switch - COMM 1 and COMM Switch - COMM 2.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

The guide mentions being able to manually change the presets while in flight, but that doesn't seem to be working for me.

This is further reinforced by the suggestion to use Manual (M) "...to enter a frequency without having to overwrite an existing preset".

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

Once again, as mentioned by MrDieing, you have to bind either << COMM1: ARC-120>> or <<COMM2: ARC-210>> to a key (or two keys) of your preference. Afterwards you can dial <<M>>, <<CLR>> the previous frequency and enter a frequency of your choice.

Otherwise you won't reach anyone. I also did the mistake to bind my HOTAS Mic switch to <<communications menu>> and wondered why ATCs and tankers ignored me. :D

Regards

Edited by ZeeMan90

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base w/ VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Mk. IV Ultimate | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Winwing VIPER MIP | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO 

A lot of us in our wing are having to reenter the frequencies multiple times before the radios will recognize the input, if it doesn't except it, it reverts back to 305.000 , this was happening on Comm 1 and Comm 2 , with selecting M, then clr, and entering correct radio freq, then ent, we can get it to work but takes a couple of tries.

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

It appears the UFC is not working correctly because you cannot change the frequencies in the preset channels. When you clear the current freq it clears out all displays and does not allow you to enter a new frequency. Manual is the only one that is currently working, and intermittent at best.

fixed it by clicking ENT for more than one second

Interesting, is that mentioned anywhere in the NATOPS. (haven't read it yet, I have exams!1)

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

No, its a DCS bug I believe.

If you click ENT too fast then input is rejected.

That's good to know. Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

No, its a DCS bug I believe.

If you click ENT too fast then input is rejected.

We just wait until a moderator can confirm or deny this as a bug in title.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

• 1 month later...

just to get more clarity on this issue.

the difference is between manual and auto startups.

if you use autostartup the above listed procedure doesnt work.

if you manually startup you can change the manual frequency as described above...

just to get more clarity on this issue.

the difference is between manual and auto startups.

if you use autostartup the above listed procedure doesnt work.

if you manually startup you can change the manual frequency as described above...

What he said. What we've found is that anything that effects the volume knobs before engine startup will cause difficulties in getting channels to program. This includes mapping the volume knobs to a hotas control and enabling "sync to hotas controls" on load and using autostart which resets the knobs to zero.

What he said. What we've found is that anything that effects the volume knobs before engine startup will cause difficulties in getting channels to program. This includes mapping the volume knobs to a hotas control and enabling "sync to hotas controls" on load and using autostart which resets the knobs to zero.

so you think that moving them at all causes the bug? i thought that actually u CAN auto startup but you have to twist your knobs (giggity) before the engines spool up in order to be able to interact with the frequencies.

either way its to do with the startup and the status of the radio before/after definitely.

so you think that moving them at all causes the bug? i thought that actually u CAN auto startup but you have to twist your knobs (giggity) before the engines spool up in order to be able to interact with the frequencies.

either way its to do with the startup and the status of the radio before/after definitely.

To what degree they “can” giggity your knobs I dunno. Just that anything that does so on its own causes disfunctional performance. :joystick:

• 4 months later...

Maybe a necro but I'm struggling with contacting JTAC in the F-18 and this is the closest thing I've found after a couple hours searching that may lead me to my destination. I set up a JTAC unit on 133 MHz AM in the MI. I set the channel 1 of my F18 to that frequency in MI as well (though you can't set it for AM/FM). I load the mission and while on channel 1 for both radios, I can hit either Comm 1 or Comm 2 and JTAC is grayed out. I also switched Comm 1 to M and manually input 133, verified it was set to AM and that it stayed as the channel (the first time it snapped back to the default), no change in behavior. The grayed out line for my JTAC in the comms menu verifies the frequency so I don't think that's incorrect.

As a side note, did the AM/FM bit on the UFC change? I've seen loads of videos where you can select AM or FM by pressing the appropriate button to put the ":" in front of the right modulation but that doesn't look the same in my Hornet. Maybe an update made it more realistic? Now it appears I can only set that on "M"??? And then it just shows an "AM" and I can either have it active or not????

Anyway, thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]