The New cockpit

NineLine

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But at the same time textures are darker, some of the painted shading was removed, and ED also fixed the outer geometry, which means the cockpit is in the shadow most of the time. This means most of the time the detail is lost in the dark.

And that is a major part of the problem. Not only are the dials not as good as the ones on the old cockpit, you can't even see them half the time. Fine for the less serious, but I fly by instruments.

And overall, at least to me, it doesn't look real.

Edited by 3WA

This is a great improvement over the old cockpit.

The only thing, sometimes with a lot of sun, the lights in the left panel cannot be seen.

If you guys think that the old one is better, make a repair and check your graphics configuration because something is wrong in your rig.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

If anyone else wants to go back to the old cockpit, you can call up a command window, and go into your 'bin' directory.

Type the following command

dcs_updater update 2.5.6.43503@openbeta

Then do repair

dcs_updater repair

This should bring you back to the version right before the cockpit change, and your old cockpit.

Edited by 3WA

Why is there such a HUGE difference in the cockpits?

New Cockpit

Old Cockpit

Dials in old Cockpit look real. Dials in new cockpit look like a painted on after-thought.

Both of these are at the same graphics settings, with medium textures and low shadows.

ED, please give instructions on how to get the old cockpit back.

Wait...the dials look painted on while at the same time they cast a shadow?? e8BN1n8.png

The dials are perfectly readable on my end and they have a nice contrast to the background. When the sun hits hard..well..it's just like in real life.

You can go back to flying in the old cardboard matte painting sim of a sim cockpit then:pilotfly:

Its always the same: folks™ are just that super hardcore sim guy more serious™ than 'all these other wannabes' out there and then, when things get changed towards being more real (like, damn things casting shadows like they do in the real thingy) and it interferes with their accustomed play style and comfy level they start crying.

Its the same we recently had with the A-10C pit: first all "ED gib more reel pit we so reel", then "ED cant see muh panel anymore because that seat handle is now where it is in reality!!!! ED change now my game broken!!!!".

Theyll get used to it once it hits stable and the crying will fade away :pilotfly:

Gone for good.

Its always the same: folks are just that super hardcore sim guy more serious than 'all these other wannabes' out there and then, when things get changed towards being more real (like, damn things casting shadows like they do in the real thingy) and it interferes with their accustomed play style and comfy level they start crying.

Its the same we recently had with the A-10C pit: first all "ED gib more reel pit we so reel", then "ED cant see muh panel anymore because that seat handle is now where it is in reality!!!! ED change now my game broken!!!!".

Theyll get used to it once it hits stable and the crying will fade away :pilotfly:

I think ppl who comment on night cockpit lighting being too bright should stop. Adjusting the lights in cockpit and mfcd brightness has more meaning. They were totally forgotten bcz of default settings. Adjusting lights are now more fun and adds another layer of reality.
Edited by sora_061

@wasserfall: Did you try changing the brightness of the display?

The "bloom" effect tends to make the contrasted elements glow, but the font and readability look fine on my end. (non-VR, 1440p, default Gamma)

Slightly zoomed-in:

5f5f4141be12153b6a865637c962762c.jpg

My default zoom level, 1440p:

6cbb1bacde04b782533c79a8c9cc3bad.jpg

ABRIS brightness level lowered in both.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

So do I. Major improvement. All the crybabies must not know what it looked like 'back in the day'. It was just outdated.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

So do I. Major improvement. All the crybabies must not know what it looked like 'back in the day'. It was just outdated.

Gee, thanks for calling anyone who doesn't lke the new cockpit crybabies. Oh yeah, "back in the day". You do realize I only own the A-10 and the Shark? So guess what I've been flying all these years?

That's SO MATURE. That's really going to sell your module.

Yes. There are people like me who do not like the Completely New Look. ED, please give us the option of keeping the old cockpit.

Help!!!helpsmilie.gif

So this Community are now 80% People pointing the Finger on each other instead of helping?

Poor.

mad.gif

Yeah, some of the same complaints I have. Hard to read dials, that sometimes seem completely dark. That, and they seem a lot simpler than the old ones. Just look at my comparison screens a few pages back. Shadows going from pitch dark to blinding reflection. That, and the cockpit feels squeezed in on me. Feels COMPLETELY different. Hope you don't get called a crybaby as well.

I think this was all changed for VR. It feels like I am hovering above the cockpit, instead of sitting in my seat. The dials look smaller, simplistic, and more distant. Switches look smaller. I don't have VR.

x

Edited by 3WA

Yeah, some of the same complaints I have. Hard to read dials, that sometimes seem completely dark. That, and they seem a lot simpler than the old ones. Just look at my comparison screens a few pages back. Shadows going from pitch dark to blinding reflection. That, and the cockpit feels squeezed in on me. Feels COMPLETELY different. Hope you don't get called a crybaby as well.

I think this was all changed for VR. It feels like I am hovering above the cockpit, instead of sitting in my seat. The dials look smaller, simplistic, and more distant. Switches look smaller. I don't have VR.

x

I lowered my brightness to 1.6 which did help. The strange overhead panel reflections and other strange reflections are still there but by far not that obvious. There is still room for improvements.

My workaround currently is to fly in bad weather.

Lowering the brightness of the ABRIS like Bourrinopathe has written does help also.

The Cockpit itself looks good and i like it. Its the light again which is i little off here and there.

And i have no idea why Modders can do this right but ED struggles with that. :bored:

ISE

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

The cockpit looks good to me. Nowhere near as good as the F/A-18 but then again, neither does the F-16 look that good inside. The FOV is certainly a problem. Instruments are now too far away on monitor screen.

I will hope that ED fixes this but won’t hold my breath just yet.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

The FOV is certainly a problem. Instruments are now too far away on monitor screen.

Yeah, this is what I feel. Like I'm too far away, and too far up ( I can actually see that now in the comparison shots. I'm looking much higher over the hud now). It also looks "fish eye", if you know what I mean. I'm guessing that has something to do with FOV. Never have messed with that. I'm thinking this is something that was done to improve VR. If you compare the dials from earlier cockpit and new, they definitely look like they have been simplified. Why can't we keep the old dials? They were perfect. Also, buttons and switches look simplified. Everything is too clean and "xboxish". English wording looks like a tossed in afterthought. The shkval is narrower. Whole cockpit seems narrower, which is proved on that post with the two cockpits overlayed. Cramped. The digital counter for rockets left looks "xboxish".

Here are my comparison screenshots, and below that, another user overlayed them for comparison.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4221132&postcount=121

Is there anyway to shift your camera view in the cockpit and change FOV?

Edited by 3WA