So, have to buy CA to take helm of the Carrier?

Sonoda Umi

I have pre-ordered Supercarrier.

I just found the features description saying as below:

During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:

Air Boss station.

Briefing room.

Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.

More LSO station interactions.

Combined Arms integration.

"Burble" effect.

Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.

Functional barricade net.

It means that I have to buy CA to take helm of the Carrier? As I said before(in the other posts), it's not fair for I only-Supercarrier owner, and I'm sorry for that I have no interest on Army and Ground engagement so CA is really unnecessarily for me.

I'm a pure-naval player so I'm eager to take command the Carrier and her aircraft and need a solution to control the Carrier without CA.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

it's not fair

Neither is asking to get modules for free because you don't think you should have to pay for something someone else developed.

To control surface units in DCS you need to own CA, its not fair of you to expect features from another module to be included in this one because you don't want to pay for the extra functionality that CA gives you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I don’t know Mav. I think the carrier module should allow control of only the assets in the package without the need for CA. CA integration should be there to allow limited control for CA owners that don’t own the carrier module.

I also think I remember reading that SC owners would be able to take control and no mention of needing CA. I could be wrong but I think that is the case.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I think the carrier module should allow control of only the assets in the package without the need for CA. CA integration should be there to allow limited control for CA owners that don’t own the carrier module.

+1

I said that in the earlier time. I just want to control of ONLY the assets in the SC, and it seems that not a over-estimated wish and not a difficult technique to implement. I also mentioned that I can wait it to be materialized in the late-stage of early access even formally released stage.

• ED Team

Hi

you do not require combined arms to purchase the supercarrier.

Combined Arms integration and features are to be confirmed yet.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Bought. Paid for. Urgently dreaming of the day I can land on the boat... PLEASE tell me it's being EA tomorrow morning. Tonight would be even better!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Hi

you do not require combined arms to purchase the supercarrier.

Combined Arms integration and features are to be confirmed yet.

thank you

Hello,

I know that CA is not required for purchase the SC.(And I have bought the supercarrier)

My question is - to control(steer) the ship require to buy combined arms?

Thanks.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

I don't think they have an answer yet as to the integration of CA as stated. CA is on sale for $20 right now which is a great deal. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

• ED Team
Hello,

I know that CA is not required for purchase the SC.(And I have bought the supercarrier)

My question is - to control(steer) the ship require to buy combined arms?

Thanks.

As mentioned combine arms integration is to be confirmed yet, when we know more we will let you all know.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
They can't give you an answer because as they've just stated twice, the combined arms integration is yet to be confirmed.

correct as soon as we know the full aspects of the combined arms element we will let you all know.

Can the ED team give me an answer about that: yes or no. I need make a decision whether buy CA or not.

Thanks.

You can still decide after ED announce the exact meaning of CA integration in a later stage. And if the sale is your argument, there are plenty to come.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Yes, I still stand by for that. I mean that I wanna get the answer faster.

For an extra twenty bucks you might like CA later on. Besides, you can also control combined "Air" assets as well. In theory, the Super Carrier is a combined asset within DCS World. It is listed in the same category. I would jump at the chance to grab CA at current price. On the other hand, I see your point, since CA does require an extra 60 GB for install. I hope they actually integrate the Super Carrier with CA, it would justify using CA. . . Lol.

Edited by Emra

For an extra twenty bucks you might like CA later on. Besides, you can also control combined "Air" assets as well. In theory, the Super Carrier is a combined asset within DCS World. It is listed in the same category. I would jump at the chance to grab CA at current price. On the other hand, I see your point, since CA does require an extra 60 GB for install. I hope they actually integrate the Super Carrier with CA, it would justify using CA. . . Lol.

I know... but the ground units are really needless for me.

Getting a solution only to steer ship seems to not a excessive wish.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

How is it sensible to pile on $40 for CA on top of the $50 supercarrier just to be able to drive the damn thing?

If they charge aircraft module-level prices people should expect that level of control and fidelity.

If the Carrier module has RTS-like combat and navigation mechanism itself, it will be proper.

It will be relatively ideal that integrate carrier CIC(Combat Intelligence Centre) and sail navigation into the Supercarrier - I am ought to wait it for future.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

As far as I know, they never said anything like that until recently on their store page where it says "Combined Arms integration." Since Combined Arms' main point is taking control of the units, you can see what this thread is about.

Now ED is saying they do not even know what they mean by that so right now it is just a sales pitch and they will do something with it when they get around to it.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

As far as I know, they never said anything like that until recently on their store page where it says "Combined Arms integration." Since Combined Arms' main point is taking control of the units, you can see what this thread is about.

Now ED is saying they do not even know what they mean by that so right now it is just a sales pitch and they will do something with it when they get around to it.

So the lack of clarity is around how it will interact with CA and there has been nothing about piloting ships without CA?