[BUG/ DCS ISSUE] Cannot launch using the catapult after patch

mattag08

When hot or cold starting in SP or MP I have issues with either:

1) Hooking up to the catapult at all.

2) Getting the catapult to launch once I am connected.

#1 seems to be random depending on the exact starting conditions of the mission. #2 is reproducible 90% of the time, though I found one instance where if you air start it will allow you one catapult shot, but the second time you trap and attempt at cat shot, you cannot.

Before I get the slew of "you just don't know how to do it right." I've done hundreds if not thousands of catapult launches in the F-14 since launch. Myself as well as all of my F-14 squadron mates are having this same issue.

I'm also aware of similar catapult problems for the F-18, so I assume this is a DCS level bug, but I wanted to make sure HB was aware in case there were fixes needed on their end.

Edited by IronMike

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Ok, thanks, I doubt this is on your side. During the preparation for 2.5.6 cat launches did not work, however ED fixed it and they worked again. Now as it got released it seems broken again, also for the AI.

Thanks for the report.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

+1 on this.. It's happened to me many times since the update. Just yesterday, I latched, unlatched and relatched again with all 4 Catapults on the Stennis with no ability to launch. I then had to go into the (ME)Mission Editor and put some Tomcats on a land base :( Looking forward to the fix from whomever needs to fix it.

--=_Flying Since LOMAC_=--

Well...

This is one of the F14 problems. Besides the fact I cannot launch even after cleared. I saluted until my arm fell off and ran down the tanks of fuel. But hey, I had the starter cart in tow since the ground crew refused to disconnect it. Guess it's a "No Fly Day" on the Stennis. (Those former navy guys who served on a carrier will know that). Although maybe we should just "shoot no loads"

I have a mission built, launching from the carrier, and I can launch fine since 2.5.6. Haven't tried today, since the patch. I will try when I get home.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

+1. Unable to launch after latest patch released today. I am able to hook up to the catapult, but when my pilot salutes, nothing happens. Tested in training mission and Mig28 mission.

I was able to launch by spamming the kneel button when hooked up to the catapult. My wingman never figured out how to launch, though. He stayed on the catapult for the entire mission.

Edited by SignorMagnifico

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

+1. Unable to launch after latest patch released today. I am able to hook up to the catapult, but when my pilot salutes, nothing happens. Tested in training mission and Mig28 mission.

I was able to launch by spamming the kneel button when hooked up to the catapult. My wingman never figured out how to launch, though. He stayed on the catapult for the entire mission.

You got the point.

I tested it just now - it can be launched by holding the Nose Strut Compression Switch down, but AI F-14B still won't work.