Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

• ED Team

Great stuff!

The tanker that we talked about for the Typhoon will be a fully flyable aircraft with multiple positions to allow someone to fly it while another is operating as the boom operator. As for the AI for it we will endeavor to have it working the same as the tankers that are in there now but that will take some work. This is in the long term plans either way.

As for AI aircraft, as we have hinted through this thread we are looking at warbirds as a long term line of products, starting with the ones we mentioned. What will come in 2nd line and beyond we cant say for sure yet. What I can confirm though is that we have spoken about a number of potential aircraft that we feel we could do justice to and they include twin and quad engine bombers. If we put them in the sim as a flyable aircraft I would envisage they will work as AI as well.

Pman

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014/2015 will be great!

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Hip hip, hurray, hip hip, hurray for team VEAO. Without doubt the most proactive 3rd party devs here, the most informative and what sounds like the most excited people on the planet bringing us what we most desire. And what sounds like bring us hardware (if I read correctly) as well as software. Cheers VEAO I for one am well looking forward to everything you've got.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hip hip, hurray, hip hip, hurray for team VEAO. Without doubt the most proactive 3rd party devs here, the most informative and what sounds like the most excited people on the planet bringing us what we most desire. And what sounds like bring us hardware (if I read correctly) as well as software. Cheers VEAO I for one am well looking forward to everything you've got.

Oh did I also mention we're looking at motion platforms soon as well :music_whistling:

Well, there always has to be at least one pessimist, right?

With all the delays we've been seeing lately, and the time it's taken VEAO just to complete the Hawk (with only SFM,) how am I to believe you'll have a separate, fully fleshed out AFM aircraft in just 8 months?

I've also heard before that projects like this wont effect current work because of separate teams working on them. This was supposed to be the case for ED's (P-51D) - but we've had no updates or progress at all on any new aircraft from ED since. (F-18C)

Anyway, I hope I'm proven wrong. Time will tell I suppose. Good luck with your projects!

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Thanks Kasper, I respect your point.

The thing also to think about is that we've learnt a whole heap of lessons from doing the Hawk that make the next aircraft quicker. A lot of the code we have for Hawk instruments can be used in these aircraft, effectively shortening the learning time to figure stuff out as with the first aircraft being developed for DCS.

You'll find that with most of the 3rd party devs going forward now I'd expect.

Also simpler aircraft take shorter time to develop. If we had started with Typhoon as a complicated aircraft we'd probably still be scratching our heads. Hence starting with the Hawk which is relatively simple.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by Ells228
Well, there always has to be at least one pessimist, right?

With all the delays we've been seeing lately, and the time it's taken VEAO just to complete the Hawk (with only SFM,) how am I to believe you'll have a separate, fully fleshed out AFM aircraft in just 8 months?

I've also heard before that projects like this wont effect current work because of separate teams working on them. This was supposed to be the case for ED's (P-51D) - but we've had no updates or progress at all on any new aircraft from ED since. (F-18C)

Anyway, I hope I'm proven wrong. Time will tell I suppose. Good luck with your projects!

I'll take this one :thumbup:

The EFM work is ongoing and will be in development up and beyond the release date of the products. We do not expect (not should anyone with any software) the EFM to be perfect from the initial release, it will be something that is continually worked on, one of the major benefits we have is access to pilots and engineers who work on these aircraft and have spend hundreds of hours in control of them.

I'm not going to go into the AFM development plan in public but I am confident that we will have at least a starting point of the AFM out with the first aircraft release which is pegged at the end of the year.

As with anything this may change if we come across something that throws us off plan. But I dont foresee that happening at the moment.

One of the reasons I came aboard with VEAO was to manage the consumer variants of several products, I wouldnt be needed if the same team worked on all the products ;) I am not saying there wont be input from other personel but for the most part there will be seperate teams working on each project so that we dont delay Hawk/Typhoon/Secret squirrel :)

Pman

Edit: Pipped again! Darn it!

• ED Team

It has probably been a steep learning curve on both sides hasnt it Chris, as far as 3rd Parties learning to work within DCS World, and ED learning to adapt DCS World to allowing the addition of 3rd Party projects....

Thanks Kasper, I respect your point.

The thing also to think about is that we've learnt a whole heap of lessons from doing the Hawk that make the next aircraft quicker. A lot of the code we have for Hawk instruments can be used in these aircraft, effectively shortening the learning time to figure stuff out as with the first aircraft being developed for DCS.

You'll find that with most of the 3rd party devs going forward now I'd expect.

Also simpler aircraft take shorter time to develop. If we had started with Typhoon as a complicated aircraft we'd probably still be scratching our heads. Hence starting with the Hawk which is relatively simple.

Cheers,

Chris.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

What, 6dof motion platforms? Oh deary me, I will have to let my bank manager know that my new kitchen needs to be updated sooner than expected!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Didn't want to derail the announcement into a conversation but I didn't see the HA-112 Hispano Buchon in TFC's list of aircraft whereas the rest did appear which made sense from an availability and research perspective. Since it's been specifically picked over the more common 109 then it makes sense it exists somewhere, but where?

What a great group of airframes, something for every nation!

Any ideas which is first?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Didn't want to derail the announcement into a conversation but I didn't see the HA-112 Hispano Buchon in TFC's list of aircraft whereas the rest did appear which made sense from an availability and research perspective. Since it's been specifically picked over the more common 109 then it makes sense it exists somewhere, but where?

What a great group of airframes, something for every nation!

Any ideas which is first?

I have a release plan which I will confirm at a later date ;)

As for the Buchon there are several airworthy ones in the UK that we can gain access to for reference

Pman

Well I suppose I meant total for all of VEAO... as for Nandos, there is one down the street, stop buy and I'll buy you lunch :P

7 on Hawk

7 on Typhoon

7 on Warbirds (which will increase as time goes on likely)

2 on non-flight related solutions

Nando's all around it is then :thumbup:

Sh*t, are you guys skipping DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon development? Sorry if this has bean asked and answered already.

RTFT ;)

Nope, see above

Edited by Ells228