** AJS-37 Changelog / Update Master List **

Cobra847

I have not playing DCS for a while now.

But yesterday I updated the Open beta and tested Viggen.

Is taxi light broken? (I can see the light bulb it self is going on and off, but there is no lights at the runway/taxi/parking area that is lighted up by the bulbs)

Yes, it's currently broken. The light from it is very very dim. There was a DCS update that changed all the lights some time ago, and the taxi light has not yet been updated to the new lighting.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

But You had no problem to taxi in complete darkness so there is no problem with it...or..???

Are you mad or something?!

I quite simply corrected you in that there is/was a night filter in the real jet in that other thread. I also acknowledged that there is a problem with the taxi light, but that I/we were able to taxi and succeed with our mission anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.2 Forum members must treat each other with respect and tolerance

Pls try to behave when You are in a Forum especially whe You add Your Location

It Would be interesting to follow You in Your mission in total darkness from Taxi-Out to landing

...You can post it on Youtube

PM Me when it is sent

You find me in Facebook/NOSIG

1.2 Forum members must treat each other with respect and tolerance

Pls try to behave when You are in a Forum especially whe You add Your Location

It Would be interesting to follow You in Your mission in total darkness from Taxi-Out to landing

...You can post it on Youtube

PM Me when it is sent

You find me in Facebook/NOSIG

I think that 1.2 rule also applies to you too as far as I know. Is that why you don't have your location added?

But yes, let's keep this civil.

I'll quite happily post a video of me flying that mission, if that makes you belive that I can fly at night. Just have to figure out how to record the VR view first. :)

I'll post it here, not going close to Facebook.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think that 1.2 rule also applies to you as far as I know. Is that why you don't have your location added?

But yes, let's keep this civil.

I'll quite happily post a video of me flying that mission, if that makes you belive that I can fly at night. Just have to figure out how to record the VR view first. :)

I'll post it here, not going close to Facebook.

Are You in a Squadron..??

We have one Swedish Squadron NOSIG so You are welcome to join

We are flying all types of Aircraft but Viggen is the most popular

You can also check nosig.net

Velcome

Are You in a Squadron..??

We have one Swedish Squadron NOSIG so You are welcome to join

We are flying all types of Aircraft but Viggen is the most popular

You can also check nosig.net

Velcome

I am indeed currently part of one yes. I'm currently the squad(ron) lead for AJS37 in TAW EU. Thanks for the offer though.

Said video:

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Scary video:

1. Taxi without taxi light in well known area is easy with blue taxiway lights

but not able in unknown area

2 FLI is unusable that means unsafe

3. Could't see target on radar as light was too dimmed

4 TILS approach without follow commands is unsafe, you didn't follow steering command any time

5. Landing without landing light is unsafe and your speed vector showed too low speed

6. Lycky pilot landing on runway with centrelight, without centrelight unsafe landing

To sum up a totally unsafe operation saved by well-known flying enviroment

Happy You didn't joined our Squadron

Edited by Scandfox

Scary video:

1. Taxi without taxi light in well known area is easy with blue taxiway lights

but not able in unknown area

2 FLI is unusable that means unsafe

3. Could't see target on radar as light was too dimmed

4 TILS approach without follow commands is unsafe, you didn't follow steering command any time

5. Landing without landing light is unsafe and your speed vector showed too low speed

6. Lycky pilot landing on runway with centrelight, without centrelight unsafe landing

To sum up a totally unsafe operation saved by well-known flying enviroment

Happy You didn't joined our Squadron

1. Subjective

2. The YT vid is only in 720p res. Kinda hard to see much detail with that resolution. Plus he appears to use VR so there is some more video downgrading involved.

3. See #2

4. It appeared to me as though there was a crosswind. VV was centered up on the runway, with an almost perfect looking approach. Think you're being kinda picky with these comments.

5. No landing light is a little sketch but he didn't appear to phased by it. Also 260 kph is the slowest speed you fly on approach, he is maintaining about 275 to touchdown. You can clearly him switch over to landing mode right before landing (late and unsafe, I know) and VV switched to above his glide slope. Sure looked like his AoA was smack on 12°.

So to sum it up, from the vid, the dude did a pretty fine job executing the mission with less then perfect conditions.

I must say thanks for posting this. Now we all know not to join any squadron you're apart of. Anyways back to talking about the changelog.....shall we?

Edited by TheGuardian
more detailed response.

Lately I crashed my Viggen due to unsafe flying. Guess what, nothing happend to me. Conclusion: it is safe to be unsafe in Dcs.

Will try on other airframes as well and report back.

(that was ironic, if in doubt)

:rolleyes:

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

1. I wouldn't say that that area was well known, as that mission was pretty much the first time at that airfield. Especially at night.

2. It is indeed not that easy to use currently.

3. The target was clearly visable to me. It definetly disappeared thanks to the low res on the video. The video seems to be playing a bit too fast too. The audio is also not synced, it get's worse the further in the video you are. If he wants more videos I'll make sure to fix all that. :thumbup:

4.There was indeed some cross wind. Regarding the TILS, I never follow the side (left/ right) commands as they will just guide you into nowhere. I do try to follow the glide slope as best as possible though. As far as I'm concerned visualy lining up visualy is safer and quicker when landing.

5. Landing lights are not a thing as far as I know, we only have taxi lights. The fin was bugged as I was using ToT with the Rb15 (they hit 2s early btw). Might want to have a look at that AoA indicator. You as a pilot should probably know that exists. Also if I was at the alpha that the fin indicated it should be blinking and there should be an audible tone.

I switched to "LAND NAV", 40-something km away from L1. The sound you heard was me setting it to BER after landing. It's related to "3." above.

Thanks for your review on my flying.

It's possible to do night flying as you've now seen. It might not be very safe, but then again is any night flying compared to daytime?

I think I'll be quite alright not joining that squadron of yours, thanks very much. *cough*Rule 1.2*cough* :pilotfly:

Yes, lets go back to change log talk.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. Subjective

2. The YT vid is only in 720p res. Kinda hard to see much detail with that resolution. Plus he appears to use VR so there is some more video downgrading involved.

3. See #2

4. It appeared to me as though there was a crosswind. VV was centered up on the runway, with an almost perfect looking approach. Think you're being kinda picky with these comments.

5. No landing light is a little sketch but he didn't appear to phased by it. Also 260 kph is the slowest speed you fly on approach, he is maintaining about 275 to touchdown. You can clearly him switch over to landing mode right before landing (late and unsafe, I know) and VV switched to above his glide slope. Sure looked like his AoA was smack on 12°.

So to sum it up, from the vid, the dude did a pretty fine job executing the mission with less then perfect conditions.

I must say thanks for posting this. Now we all know not to join any squadron you're apart of. Anyways back to talking about the changelog.....shall we?

When You make TILS approach You shall follow commands if You know how it works in Viggen

"Late and unsafe I know" most crashes happens in approach and landing phase

According to You it was a fine job but ended up in an unsafe approach and I fully agree with the last

I am not intersted in Your opinion but interested in safe flying with an airplane with all systems working correct.........

Edited by Scandfox

When You make TILS approach You shall follow commands if You know how it works in Viggen

"Late and unsafe I know" most crashes happens in approach and landing phase

According to You it was a fine job but ended up in an unsafe approach and I fully agree with the last

I am not intersted in Your opinion but interested in safe flying with an airplane with all systems working correct.........

Like I said, MYSE did a great job in less than perfect conditions. What would you have us do, put an "Out of Order" sign on the Viggen until HB fixes all the issues. MYSE did what you asked him to do, showed a video of him taxing without issue (didn't crash or run off the taxi way), completed the mission, and landing (centered on the runway with an almost textbook touchdown). You looked for every fault you could find just to disrespect the him/her. If you want all systems working correctly, well........... good luck.:pilotfly:

1. I wouldn't say that that area was well known, as that mission was pretty much the first time at that airfield. Especially at night.

2. It is indeed not that easy to use currently.

3. The target was clearly visable to me. It definetly disappeared thanks to the low res on the video. The video seems to be playing a bit too fast too. The audio is also not synced, it get's worse the further in the video you are. If he wants more videos I'll make sure to fix all that. :thumbup:

4.There was indeed some cross wind. Regarding the TILS, I never follow the side (left/ right) commands as they will just guide you into nowhere. I do try to follow the glide slope as best as possible though. As far as I'm concerned visualy lining up visualy is safer and quicker when landing.

5. Landing lights are not a thing as far as I know, we only have taxi lights. The fin was bugged as I was using ToT with the Rb15 (they hit 2s early btw). Might want to have a look at that AoA indicator. You as a pilot should probably know that exists. Also if I was at the alpha that the fin indicated it should be blinking and there should be an audible tone.

I switched to "LAND NAV", 40-something km away from L1. The sound you heard was me setting it to BER after landing. It's related to "3." above.

Thanks for your review on my flying.

It's possible to do night flying as you've now seen. It might not be very safe, but then again is any night flying compared to daytime?

I think I'll be quite alright not joining that squadron of yours, thanks very much. *cough*Rule 1.2*cough* :pilotfly:

Yes, lets go back to change log talk.

I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU AND THANKS FOR YOUR VIDEO AND PERFORMANCE IN NIGHT OPERATION. WITH YOUR EXPLANATION REGARDING TILS AND ToT IT CLEARLY SHOWS THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THE AJS37 SYSTEM ALL THE WAY FROM BASIC MODE UP TO ADVANCED

LETS PUT THIS DISCUSSION ASIDE AND LOOK FORWARD INSTEAD...??

I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU AND THANKS FOR YOUR VIDEO AND PERFORMANCE IN NIGHT OPERATION. WITH YOUR EXPLANATION REGARDING TILS AND ToT IT CLEARLY SHOWS THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THE AJS37 SYSTEM ALL THE WAY FROM BASIC MODE UP TO ADVANCED

LETS PUT THIS DISCUSSION ASIDE AND LOOK FORWARD INSTEAD...??

Good Lord.

I thought it was good flying, nobody that wasn't supposed to get hurt, got hurt.

Could you all please stop feeding the TROLL(Scandfox) and responding to him with full quotes? My ignore list would appreciate that very much, thank you in advance @ all :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Changelog preview for 2.7:

DCS AJS-37 by Heatblur Simulations

• NEW: Added the ability to load runway headings on map markers, like so: L1 180 - this is useful for road bases and other ad-hoc fields.

• Added EP-13 Brightness and Contrast controls to cockpit model

• Added missing EP-13 Brt/Contrast label

• Fixed MIKBAND clickable area being too large

• Fixed direction of arrow on radio panel

• Fixed appearance of Navigation Light orbs

• Improved smoothness of fabric coverings on glareshield and surrounding areas

• Significantly improved readability of weapon selector switches - especially with lowered texture settings.

• Fixed white formation lights being constantly on regardless of power or switch position.

• Fixed appearance of white formation lights (orb shader)

• Decreased cast attenuation range of navigation lights on the airframe

• Decreased intensity of fin illumination lights

• Reduced intensity of anti collision light

• Increased visibility of anti collision light flipbook textures

• Moved position of fast erect button

• Added “fake mirrors” (ala F-14) to mirrors when they are off - instead of just appearing black/grey.

• Tilted EP-13 sight and tube towards pilot head for more neutral aiming position

• Adjusted EP-13 clipping masks

• Fixed rudder pedal mechanism clipping into the floor.

• Fixed rudder pedal pedestal base clipping

• Removed floating screws near pedals

• Added proper afterburner visual effects to human controlled aircraft

• Adjusted afterburner effects inside exhaust for human controlled aircraft

• Added Heatblur effect when afterburner is in use

• Added RB75 tutorial mission

• Added clickable area for the CI filter

• Fixed loading image not appearing

• Updated mission 2 of The Mjolnir Response

• Updated airborne intercept mission frequencies

• Fixed typos on various SP mission names

• Updated C-130 spawns on basic navigation tutorial

• Updated weapon display names

• Updated Airborne intercept mission frequencies

• Updated mission 8 Springfield 2 behaviour.

• Changed HUD brightness knob gains

• Updated RB-04 warhead for new ASM DCS parameters

• Fixed taxi-light MP sync.

• Fixed 6DOF head movement limitations in the cockpit

• Corrected oddly repeating / clipped texture on right hand side of cockpit near IFF panel

• Corrected FLI night lighting on the FLI ball always being on.

• Fixed excessive “shininess” (roughness) on FLI ball baked AO

• Changed shader for FLI lighting and adjusted intensity

• Fixed flipped knee maps on in-cockpit pilot

• Mattified cover glass pieces in cockpit

• Fixed slightly incorrect shape of EP-13 glass

• Improved appearance of EP-13 glass textures and shader

• Fixed missing smoothing groups on interior of radarscope wall.

• Roll Trim Center button is now clickable

• Fixed RAT hydraulics sticking through into intake

• Fixed secondary LoDs not loading due to argument number assert

• Fixed toe-brake pedal animation not appearing

• Fixed various needles lacking night lighting illumination

• Fixed mirrored warning panel textures and incorrect non illuminated text.

• Fixed some texture repetition on the warning panel area.

• Fake radar bloom now scales accurately with radar brightness

• Fixed FLI Roll indicator moving in the wrong direction

• Slightly tweaked landing light intensity

• Fixed inoperative cabin pressure indicator

• Slightly reduced bloom emissivity on lights and indicators

• Adjusted all instant action missions for new weather rendering system

• Fixed Anti-collision light sprite MP sync

• Updated “Mjolnir Response” and “Wrath of Thunder” campaigns with new weather presets.

• Made emergency trim switches spring-loaded

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/mniyg9/dcs_newsletter_27_is_coming/gty6682?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

4 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Any mention of the external model improvements and the broken damage model?

The RAT model and the lighting has been fixed. I'm not aware of any other issues with the external model.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 5:09 PM, MYSE1234 said:

I am indeed currently part of one yes. I'm currently the squad(ron) lead for AJS37 in TAW EU. Thanks for the offer though.

Said video:

could you change your video so that it is not listed as "made for kids" that way I can save it and watch later. Needing inspired to dive deeper with the vigg

21 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

could you change your video so that it is not listed as "made for kids" that way I can save it and watch later. Needing inspired to dive deeper with the vigg

Should be sorted now

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...