AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi gents

Sorry for nothing new lately, the last 3 weeks i had to cope with one of my beloved pets illness, sadly he passed away last Thursday and even as i´m deeply hurt with his passing, i have to get back in my feet and work in the Harrier exterior mesh (i´m the exterior mesh 3d dev), since we are aiming for excellence, it´s going thru some major refits.

Once again, i apologize for nothing new, this week there will be a flow of pics and hopefully in a very short term a complete textured in game pic of the bird.

Best regards

Ron

Hi gents

Sorry for nothing new lately, the last 3 weeks i had to cope with one of my beloved pets illness, sadly he passed away last Thursday and even as i´m deeply hurt with his passing, i have to get back in my feet and work in the Harrier exterior mesh (i´m the exterior mesh 3d dev), since we are aiming for excellence, it´s going thru some major refits.

Once again, i apologize for nothing new, this week there will be a flow of pics and hopefully in a very short term a complete textured in game pic of the bird.

Best regards

Ron

Thanks for let us know, Prowler. My condolences to your pet.

Looking forward to the Harrier! :thumbup:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi gents

Best regards

Ron

Sorry to hear, And never apologise for something like that not your fault take it easy.

Sorry to hear about your loss Prowler, pets are only here for a short time but make such an impact on our lives.

Phant, I saw the same effect from underneath one evening...followed by an almost vertical climb out, very impressive when the hot nozzles glow.

I'm Über-exited about the Harrier! The M-2000 is trying out to be such an enjoyable module, the hopes are really high for a Razbam-level Harrier :D

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Sorry for your pet Prowler.

Speaking about Harrier, look that incandescent nozzle: could be interesting for your texturing.

Bye

Phant

Wow that hot gas ingestion is readily apparent in night videos! Almost looked like the compressor was stalling with the flames popping in front of the fan.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Or those gases causing static electricity in the turbine with the compression. Just a guess. But anyway, it's impressive.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

You get much the same effect on nvg with a helicopters rotor disk.

There's a lot of air being sucked into the front stage and for a flame to get from the back of the engine to the front of the fan would be virtually impossible, I would hazard a guess that it's particles being blown up/sucked onto the fan disk.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update?

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any update?

It's still very early in development, so I wouldn't expect many news at the time beeing.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible that we can now start a new thread for the Harrier and definitely for the AT-27? I think it would be best if we can start "rallying the troops" since these modules will both probably/hopefully be released in the next 12 months.

Well I said "probably/hopefully be released in the next 12 months.", referring that nobody actually knows. This is just based on RAZBAAM's Facebook updates and how the AT-27 seems to be well on its way. With the Harrier I was thinking with the recent pictures that it is a slight possibility we will be seeing it on ours computer screens within the next 18 months most likely.

"rallying the troops" means getting excited about something.

Sorry for confusion

No need to make an official thread until there is something worth showing off. Early renders aren't worth much frankly. Just look at VEAO, they're on their 3rd or 4th exterior model and they've been working on that plane for years now. RAZBAM is probably waiting, and correctly so, to start its hype train closer to when they're ready to release, that way they don't burn out the fans like LN did.

here is a little SITREP on the Harrier:

Currently, i´m madly working in finishing the exterior model, i have deleted so many stuff i thought it was ok when in reality wasnt, and started over some others all over again looking for the finest AV-8B rendering in ANY sim so far, this means LOTS of research and many hits and miss until you get things correctly. The sweet spot is the fact that the cockpit is fairly ready for coding, and that i´m getting just where i want it to be. I can post tons of renderings if you want, or even gameplay pics, but they are really dull at this time. I hope i can deliver some ready-to-code pics in a near future..

here is a little SITREP on the Harrier:

Currently, i´m madly working in finishing the exterior model, i have deleted so many stuff i thought it was ok when in reality wasnt, and started over some others all over again looking for the finest AV-8B rendering in ANY sim so far, this means LOTS of research and many hits and miss until you get things correctly. The sweet spot is the fact that the cockpit is fairly ready for coding, and that i´m getting just where i want it to be. I can post tons of renderings if you want, or even gameplay pics, but they are really dull at this time. I hope i can deliver some ready-to-code pics in a near future..

Thanks, Prowler!

Looking forward. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]