New Mission Editor Video Series

SUNTSAG

Hi Koriel and thank you for your feedback, it's always appreciated.

Pre-set templates would always be a welcome addition agreed but also at the same time I guess it gives mission builders the freedom to create. There are template Mods out there that were user created, so that might be an option in the interim.

The * elements are mods that the BFVG created. When I produced the lua for the units I put a * in front of the name to make them easier to locate in the editor. Hope that helps.....cheers.

IMHO, the "*" technique was genius. Maybe you could teach us all how to edit those files with unique prefix codes if there is a way to alias that in multiplayer?

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMHO, the "*" technique was genius. Maybe you could teach us all how to edit those files with unique prefix codes if there is a way to alias that in multiplayer?

HI Backy 51 Thanks..........I will see what I can put together for you. :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can Admin make it a sticky? :thumbup::thumbup:

This.

Can this thread be moved to the mission builder's corner & stickied please? These tutorials are really useful for mission creation. Even for seasoned mission builders these are a very handy brush-up.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

How to setup and view the picture icons in Open Beta. I have posted this video as it was requested by a viewer. Cheers.

Hi,

After editing the %DCS World%\MissionEditor\MissionEditor.lua , I can View the picture.

attachment.php?attachmentid=188174&stc=1&d=1529675181

It's very cool. But my icons are not the same than yours so I can't see infantry orientation. How do you do that ?

DCS_2018_06_22_15_41_04_854.thumb.jpg.98c0d23964b331106cf2bede999e844e.jpg

Edited by laumaya

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

I find the Russia Editor Icon Style easier to use when mission building.

In your options under "GAMEPLAY" select Russia from the drop down list for "Editor Icon Style" and you will see the difference. I hope that helps...Cheers :thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I find the Russia Editor Icon Style easier to use when mission building.

In your options under "GAMEPLAY" select Russia from the drop down list for "Editor Icon Style" and you will see the difference. I hope that helps...Cheers :thumbup:

Thanks

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Fantastic tutorials, have been waiting for some advanced material like these for sometime. Updated DCS stable release today so I can use the new top down view in ME. I have watched all your vids and subscribed to your channel. A few years back I did learn how to loop ground vehicles on a circuit, any chance of making an up to date tutorial if it’s not to much bother. Thanks again Suntsag, great work.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

@SUNTSAG: Request: A.I air to air refuelling and OR A.I close formation in a group.

To my knowledge and in my experience AI Aircraft cannot AAR....unless I am missing something. They usually return to an Airbase when they start to run out of fuel. Formation flying I can cover and that will be the next video.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]