Counter-clockwise-rotating engine

Alfredson007

So i assume that this plane has counter-clockwise rotating engine, so the primary rudder is left rather than right. Am i correct? Are there any options planned for western style engine? (if there are such in real life).

I have no particular interest in Yak-52, however i am interested in tricycle configured piston engine trainer for DCS, but, while this might sound silly, i really don't like to screw up my muscle memory with counter-rotating engine...

• 2 weeks later...
i really don't like to screw up my muscle memory with counter-rotating engine...

Most, if not all, Russian vintage single prop planes had counter clockwise rotating engines. You'll have to get used to it if the DCS WW2 subgame ever expands to the Caucasus... ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 1 year later...

I have no particular interest in Yak-52, however i am interested in tricycle configured piston engine trainer for DCS, but, while this might sound silly, i really don't like to screw up my muscle memory with counter-rotating engine...

Same here! Would be nice if there was an option to reverse the rotation. Shouldn't be that hard, right?

From a real pilot's perspective it doesn't matter much. Just step on the ball and you'll have no worries about messing up any muscle memory.

The point here was not to keep the turn coordinated but the impact on muscle memory. Habits/good stick and rudder skills form by repetition and IMHO this should be consistent to what you usually fly.

Edited by freemind_fly