Stutters in latest OB

Coxy_99

• ED Team

My advice would be to remove all unofficial modifications ( if any )

Run a cleanup and repair ( or verify game if using steam )

Ensure gpu / windows are up to date, and ensure WMR / SteamVR or any other software related to VR if used is up to date.

I would also recommend renaming your dcs folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup) and restarting DCS. Re-do your settings and then test, this will rule out any settings and mod strangeness. You can go back to the backup if needed after the test or move inputs to new folder.

I am not seeing any stutter myself, and VR is giving me 45+ frames and is smooth.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My advice would be to remove all unofficial modifications ( if any )

Run a cleanup and repair ( or verify game if using steam )

Ensure gpu / windows are up to date, and ensure WMR / SteamVR or any other software related to VR if used is up to date.

I would also recommend renaming your dcs folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup) and restarting DCS. Re-do your settings and then test, this will rule out any settings and mod strangeness. You can go back to the backup if needed after the test or move inputs to new folder.

I am not seeing any stutter myself, and VR is giving me 45+ frames and is smooth.

Hi BN, I understand you're not seeing these issues on your end, but can you check if the team is getting these issues with any of their pc configurations? I'm afraid that if ED isn't able to reproduce these issues, either they won't get fixed or it will get fixed indirectly at some point. The only evidence I have of ED not reproducing these issues is the fact they've already announced a stable version update next week. I don't believe if they knew frames were cut in half they would push it to stable version.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team
Hi BN, I understand you're not seeing these issues on your end, but can you check if the team is getting these issues with any of their pc configurations? I'm afraid that if ED isn't able to reproduce these issues, either they won't get fixed or it will get fixed indirectly at some point. The only evidence I have of ED not reproducing these issues is the fact they've already announced a stable version update next week. I don't believe if they knew frames were cut in half they would push it to stable version.

Our testing team will also check, so it is not just me. I can only comment on what I see personally.

To fix something we have to know what is going on in the first place so it can be reproduced. It may not even be DCS related, an update or a driver or some other configuration or commonality could be the cause.

We are still searching.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Our testing team will also check, so it is not just me. I can only comment on what I see personally.

To fix something we have to know what is going on in the first place so it can be reproduced. It may not even be DCS related, an update or a driver or some other configuration or commonality could be the cause.

We are still searching.

Well, I finally had time to do some testing. The 8/14 patch is what I had installed which is when all my problems started, so I reverted back to the 7/31 patch and my frames are back up. I'll try to do some more testing by updating to the latest DCS version and also updating my Nvidia drivers. I'm currently using the 430.86. Normally, I don't like updating drivers. If it ain't broke don't fix it, but I guess it is broke.lol

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team
Well, I finally had time to do some testing. The 8/14 patch is what I had installed which is when all my problems started, so I reverted back to the 7/31 patch and my frames are back up. I'll try to do some more testing by updating to the latest DCS version and also updating my Nvidia drivers. I'm currently using the 430.86. Normally, I don't like updating drivers. If it ain't broke don't fix it, but I guess it is broke.lol

Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully it will help you.

I have same issue. I think since 8-14 or 21-8 update I lost 25-35FPS. Tested on Caucasus with F-18 - freeflight, but I have bad performance with all modules and maps . Yesterday I reinstalled windows and DCS OB. I tried old Nvidia drivers, last Nvidia driver with same (bad) resault.

i5 6600K@ 4.2GHz

GTX1070 8GB

DDR4 16GB RAM

WIN10PRO 64x updated

Edited by unmar

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

If you are getting stutters first thing to check is your antivirus, real time scans have been creating problems for DCS.

Malewarebytes in particular, adding the dcs install folder to its exclusion list has helped many users.

If you are getting stutters first thing to check is your antivirus, real time scans have been creating problems for DCS.

Malewarebytes in particular, adding the dcs install folder to its exclusion list has helped many users.

This was it for me. I was getting big pauses 2-3 times a minute. Even in single player. I noticed it wasn't just the rendering but also the menus and mouse too. i.e. the re-arming menu would pause. Anyway Maleware Bytes disabled solves it. Thanks.