Heatblur A-6 Intruder

An A-6E module would be a day one pre-order from me no matter the developer, although I think Heatblur currently has a leg up on multi crew with its Jester AI and think it would interesting to see what they can do with the module. I personally think the A-6E, like the F-14A/B, can't be successfully done without an AI helping you since the second seat has an entirely different role whereas some two seaters are more for redundancy and relieving work load. The F-15E for instance wouldn't suffer too badly without an AI helping you, but it would help out tremendously if it had one. I also love the dedicated air to ground role the A-6E would bring to the carrier, I bought the F-18C hoping they'd flesh out the ground attack role somewhat during early access but sadly it seems all their focus is on air to air, it's range doesn't help either. The Harrier is a great module but it also lacks the range and payload I'm looking for. Hopefully Heatblur gets the green light to make this module :thumbup:

Wow, high-fidelity A-6E with intentions to make a flyable model of it sounds really cool! Any details yet on wich model will we have? Standart A-6E TRAM, or, maybe, A-6E WSCI/SWIP?

I'd love to have both the TRAM and SWIP variants. The TRAM would be in use for the '80s scenarios, while the SWIP for the '90s. The SWIP was the ultimate version of the Intruder, which is another reason why I want to see both variants in play!

Not that easy to read at the beginning, it will surely make you sweat at your first nighttime canyon ride . No nightvision, just this gameboy graphics, controlled by a guy next to you on a mechanical computer that will freeze in every hairy situation ;)

I'm hoping that the easter egg for the BN is that you can whack the computer if it's acting up.

LOL, the E model went to a solid state computer. You need the A to kick the drum. :D

are there any differences between the original computer and the the E's computer apart from the obvious like size/weight, reliablity, and ease of maintenance?

i like the a-6 for it's retro-futurism among other things, so i guess i would have preferred the older hand-cranked computer for a potential full module release;)

are there any differences between the original computer and the the E's computer apart from the obvious like size/weight, reliablity, and ease of maintenance?

i like the a-6 for it's retro-futurism among other things, so i guess i would have preferred the older hand-cranked computer for a potential full module release;)

The things you mentioned are pretty important, but the processing power also went way up from the drum. If you look at the VDI, the idea is that you follow the terrain in low visibility conditions. With the A, the processor was so slow that you followed terrain by the rate of change of terrain, because just following the terrain would put you behind the jet in terms of navigation.

Edited by Home Fries

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

A6 would be an instant buy. Hell I'd pre-order now!

Former A-6 Tinbender at NASWI

I miss the old corrosion bird

My first fleet unit was VX-5. When I got to the AE shop for 3 months they sent me T.A.D. to Corrosion Control for 6 months. I was doing my first CC inspection and pushed on a bubble in the paint and pushed my finger through the skin.:cry: I thought I was in trouble but the supervisor said "Nice job that's why we are here."

• 3 weeks later...

Would a KA-6 be a possibility? Especially if the A-6 became a full module having a tanker would be a whole new role to fly, and would remove the problems having AI tankers present around the CSG. I don't know enough about the A-6 to know what module modifications would be required to simulate the KA-6 properly though.

So while it seems like it is going to be AI for now, Cobra said that subject to a license agreement, they hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full DCS module.

I would love to see an Intruder in DCS & the model looks amazing so far.

I am sort of surprised though since I thought RAZBAM was planning to do an A-6.

Either way my hype level just shot way up!

The video remains me a lot the intro of Stranger Th...errrr... nothing :D

This is going to be an instant buy for me. I am probably more excited about the prospect of flying the Intruder than the Tomcat :pilotfly:

It would be so freking cool to be able to fly the KA-6D and actually pass gas to my squad mates over the boat! :thumbup: There simply HAS to be a way for ED/Heatblur to figure this out and make it happen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]