VAICOM+Voiceattack, worth it?

maverick90

I'm not a VR user, but I use TrackIR. I came across these 2 plugins and saw a few videos of it on YouTube and thought they were interesting. Would definitely seem to make it a bit more immersive when flying in a group with others.

Will this plugin work for multiplayer also and do you guys think its worth it? I'm 50/50 on this and need some insight from others.

If I will have to spend a lot of time tinkering with it then its a no go. I'm looking for something that will work with minimal setup or effort, pretty much out of the box.

VoiceAttack will work in MP but you need to set up a profile for each game and for each module in DCS, VIACOM is a great plug in for VA that makes it work out of the box. Hollywood has done all of the hard work of making a profile for you. It works in single player in the free version but you need the paid version to use it in multiplayer.

Some people want to use it to activate a/c commands, I use it only for those actions that you would give spoken commands over the radio for.

It is particularly useful for speaking to the tower on approach, AWACS and JTAC when you really don't want to take your hands off of the HOTAS and you don't want to go searching for the correct F key or try to remember what it is because you can't read it on the screen.

I recommend it, I use it every flight in MP.

Great addition and worth the small investment. For VR flyers it is a must.

+1. Good documentation and great support by the developer Hollywood as well!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 9 months later...
i wouldnt say its that easy.. i want to airrefuel and cannot get the tanker to reply to me. No idea why

What phrase are you using? What works for me is "Tanker (wait for blip-sound), approaching to refuel." When close "Ready pre-contact".

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

What phrase are you using? What works for me is "Tanker (wait for blip-sound), approaching to refuel." When close "Ready pre-contact".

Having the same problem. I tried your command and still not working...will sort it out. May have to modify something.

• 3 weeks later...

"An Excellent Product And A Great Enhancement To DCS"

'No Brainer'... worth every Cent / Penny

Just get it and enjoy!

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

it works really well, I started using it more when I started flying in VR. It is almost an extension of HOTAS for me as I don't have to grab the mouse

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

~S

Yes !

I bought a Vaicom Pro program/plugin with chatter themes and everything works perfectly in DCS. Chatter themes are so good that I even listen them when I'm not flying

Since I don't speak English at all, I had to train almost all the phrases again... After that, everything works great.

These 4-5 weeks, I have been using Vaicom Pro plugin, and it was amazing. I don't even know how I used to fly without it.

. :thumbup:

• 5 months later...
So, to better understand, I fly only on the F-18 DCS module, should I buy both the VoiceAttack license and the Viacom or just one of the two?

Vaicom is a plug in to Voice Attack so you need to purchase both if you want to run Vaicom

If you only fly the Horrnet you'd need Voice Attack & Vaicom.Obiously you don't need the Jester Voice pack & Chatter is an optional extra.

Personally I'd start with Voice Attack and Vaicom & decide how much you like it. There is a free tester with Vaicom you can download to try it. If you like it then you can purchase the Pro pack with the additional features.

Voice Attack will work without Vaicom but not the other way around. If you want you can also download some VA profiles for free, Bailey did some that permits you to control some parts of the jet via voice commands too.

These packs that control some stuff in the jet can also be diasy chained with Vaicom so you can use both if you want

With the package of Voice Attack and Vaicom, are you able to command the ground crew? For example, Rearm / Refuel, Wheel Chocks, Ground Power?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb