Helios 1.4 - Taking to the Skys Once Again

Hi BlueFinBima, Not work at all

All the UFC data is mess , and not correct

Even when I change to English This dll is make mess for the UFC .

I was install the old dll from backup and it back as before , all work fine beside the option of the POSN in the UFC

sent you email back with link to video

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ohc,

forget this request, I think I see what you mean by "mess".

Apologies for getting your hopes up prematurely and thanks for the video & testing. Can you provide a photo of the "mess" created by the new DLL please? The problem that you show in the video is a single glyph error with a subsequent spacing problem however the ampersand is an odd substitution that I don't understand.

I'll send you a new DLL to get a little more information about the data being sent out of DCS.

Edited by BluFinBima

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!!!!

All is work great and bugs was fixed !!!

I even change the region to my local Lang and all work fine !

not need to change region to english ! it is perfect now

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Blue and Rightstuff: It’s been awhile since I last checked in back in June. Been working like a dog all summer long and just didn’t have the time to get into the pit. However, I’m on staycation and have been diligently trying to get my DCS F-18C house in order. I’ve got a number of issues I’m attempting to remedy. They are listed in general below. But, note that I’ll request detailed assistance in separate posts rather than expect a global response for help in this post.

Here’s what I’m looking for help on:

1. Has anyone got a separate bezel image for theF-18C’s HUD Control panel located below the UFC?

2. Similar question. Has anyone got at bezel for the F-18C’s RWR?

3. I’m also unable to show the Control Indicator on my main monitor after evoking the Right Control+ Enter Key function. Suspect it may have something to do with the ControIndicator.lua script.

4. Back in June, with f410’s and Blue’s help, I was able to get my SSA/Jetseat running along side Helios. However, when I updated to f410’s recent SSA ver. 1.3.8.0, followed by, the1.3.8.1 update – still No joy. Kind of frustrating as I’ve tried everything that I know (operative word – know) to get my Jetseat up and running - again. F410 is working with me on this problem. BTW, his SSA add-on is fantastic and, I greatly appreciate his ongoing support. Additionally, Andre’s Jetseat is the central piece of the kit for true immersion. In fact, I just pre-ordered his upgraded seat and can hardly wait for its arrival within the next couple of months.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s potential input.

My Helios Setup (still WIP):

20191013_181529.thumb.jpg.323284eac3c74adf560717e072d7bd39.jpg

Hi BlueFinBima and many thanks for the Helios upgrades and support!

I'm not very familiar with profile making but I tweak it allot to fit my monitors arrangements and use allot of copy pasting from other profiles to improve another.

I find the GUI very 'un-friendly' for that. for example trying to move a layer up or down involves countless mouse clicking...

can it be a drag and drop solution, or a numbering queue where I insert a number to the layer, and the layer positions itself according to the numbers hierarchy?

Many thanks!

EDIT: Also add a search function for the layers.

Sorry if I sound like asking for too much...

I do understand it's an old project continued by you, and maybe impossible to achieve easily.

Thank you again for your continued upgrades and maintenance!

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new PC, new install of Helios and Capt Zeen's F-14 profile from scratch. The interface isn't working, all gauges frozen. I've noticed this error when I open the DCS Generic interface in the profile explorer. Any ideas?

Capture.thumb.PNG.98834bc3e22d6d9a09e0b2dd91e0c061.PNG

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

@gunterlund21

Apologies for the slow reply. I've been moving house.

The latest AV-8B profile is at https://github.com/BlueFinBima/DCS-AV-8B-NA-Profile. This one requires the latest version of Helios and is not backwards compatible with the previous profile. It also does not have feature parity, although it removes the need to create viewports for some of the instruments which should save some cycles.

Cheers Blue

Edited by BluFinBima

BlueFinBima

BluFin

have another issue. Your new profile is not compatible with the new a-10 and F-18 profile. If you load the interface it will knock out the other two so they dont connect.

My profiles generally are not compatible with profiles from CaptZeen because of the export.lua structure used in these profiles. We're looking into harmonizing the export.lua, but it is not there yet.

Currently Helios does not manage multiple export.lua files very well. Sorry.

Cheers, Blue

BlueFinBima

@mikemadmax20

A hybrid approach would work well here, the artwork from CZ's profile is very good, and using composite components from Helios (such as the IFEI and UFC) should give a good result. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Ok... But in his profile you'll find the wanted bezels...

ControlsIndicator:

Check if the corresponding LUA has the neccessary 2 lines in it.

Out of memory: Something like FindAssignedViewport.

Take a look at the DDI-Exports and you'll get the idea.

Edited by BluFinBima

BlueFinBima

@Ron533,

I agree with all of your comments. Helios Profile Editor currently uses AvalonDock for it's UI. Nobody in the project has any knowledge of this package, and no time to learn it. It might have the capability to do what you ask already, but if it does not, then we're unlikely to replace the UI layer.

Annoying though it is, I think we're all stuck with these usability annoyances, at least in the medium term.

Sorry, Blue

Hi BlueFinBima and many thanks for the Helios upgrades and support!

I'm not very familiar with profile making but I tweak it allot to fit my monitors arrangements and use allot of copy pasting from other profiles to improve another.

I find the GUI very 'un-friendly' for that. for example trying to move a layer up or down involves countless mouse clicking...

can it be a drag and drop solution, or a numbering queue where I insert a number to the layer, and the layer positions itself according to the numbers hierarchy?

Many thanks!

EDIT: Also add a search function for the layers.

Sorry if I sound like asking for too much...

I do understand it's an old project continued by you, and maybe impossible to achieve easily.

Thank you again for your continued upgrades and maintenance!

BlueFinBima

@Spiceman,

The message probably hints at your problem although it harks back to the days when the Helios export.lua went into the DCS folder rather than the "%userprofile%\Saved Games\DCS Openbeta\Scripts" where it lives today. You'd have to check with CZ to be sure, but I suspect that his F-14B profile does not need the export.lua from the Generic Interface to work *IF* you are using the the Good Captain's export.lua from his website.

Brand new PC, new install of Helios and Capt Zeen's F-14 profile from scratch. The interface isn't working, all gauges frozen. I've noticed this error when I open the DCS Generic interface in the profile explorer. Any ideas?

BlueFinBima

Thanks... double checked I'm using all of CZ's script files. I do see this in the Helios Debug log file. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG.191080b2cdd4c88855ffd114ca8f4cf8.PNG

Capture2.thumb.PNG.edb119a7146abd79a34219fd58e0f101.PNG

Edited by Spiceman

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Thanks... double checked I'm using all of CZ's script files. I do see this in the Helios Debug log file. Any ideas?

Despite the naming, those are not Helios messages. I suspect that they come from Capt Zeen's export.lua. This said, I don't see any errors reported, which is a good thing. There is a problem where reset monitors can lose the bindings in the profile https://github.com/BlueFinBima/Helios/issues/117 and this might have the same symptoms. If you look in the profile's .hpf file, you should see a large number of <binding> tags, so if they are missing, that bug is a possible culprit.

Cheers, Blue

BlueFinBima

Thank you for the terrific lead. Yep, Reset Monitors is scrambling my monitors. These are my monitors. Monitor one should be at 5120, Two at 0, three at 2560, four at 8480, five at 9280 and six at 7680.

Reset monitors puts them at 2560, -2560, 0,0, 5920, 6720 and 5120, respectively

I can manually edit them in the .hpf file, but then the profile insists I do a Reset Monitor again (even though the Profile Editor shows them all matching up), and it's all screwed up again.

So the question is... how do I fix the .hpf file and convince Control Center that it's correct?

Edit... never mind I’m guessing this isn’t it. It’s simply basing all coordinates off of the main monitor it’s declaring the main monitor to be at 0,0. So that’s not a problem (or shouldn’t be). All the bindings are there....

Question... the F-14 uses the "DCS Generic" interface... is there a .lua file for it? I don't see a .lua file with "generic" in the file name?

Capture3.PNG.ee7df620e7d0330e3e1158d96809d4fb.PNG

Edited by Spiceman

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

Thanks for your reply!

And for your continued development and support :thumbup:

:beer:

@Ron533,

I agree with all of your comments. Helios Profile Editor currently uses AvalonDock for it's UI. Nobody in the project has any knowledge of this package, and no time to learn it. It might have the capability to do what you ask already, but if it does not, then we're unlikely to replace the UI layer.

Annoying though it is, I think we're all stuck with these usability annoyances, at least in the medium term.

Sorry, Blue

Callsign   SETUP

Question... the F-14 uses the "DCS Generic" interface... is there a .lua file for it? I don't see a .lua file with "generic" in the file name?

@Spiceman, Currently Helios delivers the lua for every interface as "export.lua". This is one of the idiosyncrasies that needs attention.

BlueFinBima