Which opponents the Mustang will get? other WW2-Planes planned?

-Mop-

I read the faq, but theres one thing i don´t understand... i´m really looking forward for a ww2-fighter-simulation...

But - and this is the questions - does it make sense to fly against modern jets, helicopters or maybe other p-51s? I´m very curious about this kind of campaign ;-)

Please dear developer, think of implemeting some other ww2 fighters and bombers... otherwise this will only be an aerobatic-simulator

Please dear developer, think of implemeting some other ww2 fighters and bombers... otherwise this will only be an aerobatic-simulator

The Idea is not being dismissed - there are some mods on the horizon too - but it can't all be done at once and there are other priorities too.

Nate

But - and this is the questions - does it make sense to fly against modern jets, helicopters or maybe other p-51s? I´m very curious about this kind of campaign ;-)

Again and again and again.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1443269&postcount=4

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Fly against an A-10 in a guns only engagement...you'd be surprised how the P-51 can out maneuver and even out power the A-10...

To be honest, aside from the fact that the A-10 would be hard to kill I would imagine that the P-51 should be able to dance all around an A-10. In the hands of a skilled pilot, of course.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

To be honest, aside from the fact that the A-10 would be hard to kill I would imagine that the P-51 should be able to dance all around an A-10. In the hands of a skilled pilot, of course.

In a turning fight yes, take my word for it that the P-51 is dangerous. But if you don't get in to a turning fight in the first place and make use of your AIM-9s it's a different story of course.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

In a turning fight yes, take my word for it that the P-51 is dangerous. But if you don't get in to a turning fight in the first place and make use of your AIM-9s it's a different story of course.

Yes but that is why in the P-51 you fly higher than the A-10 and and swoop down on them as they are trying to find you with their TGP.

BTW without labels it will be very hard to find a P-51. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I also see where the OP is coming from and it has been requested since the announcement of DCS: P51D to get a proper adversary, an ME109 for instance.

Only time will tell and hopefully it will come in time.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• ED Team
Yes but that is why in the P-51 you fly higher than the A-10 and and swoop down on them as they are trying to find you with their TGP.

BTW without labels it will be very hard to find a P-51. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I also see where the OP is coming from and it has been requested since the announcement of DCS: P51D to get a proper adversary, an ME109 for instance.

Only time will tell and hopefully it will come in time.

Maybe sometime in the future.

me109_1.thumb.jpg.e6f65330cb13bdf5a64e66f40c9eb422.jpg

128955663_FW1903.thumb.jpg.647a7df427fbc33f5f5f42fabe3f2aa7.jpg

• Like 1

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

• ED Team

I found very interesting to hunt AI Mi-24. Never go head to head with it :). If you can outturn it being not hit - it's a good result.

Ka-50 in MP = a sitting duck.

A-10 is a good counterpart.

L-39 is a kind of fun.

I hade a good fun fighting vs MiG-29 (guns only) in MP.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me