AV-8B Start Up Issue

KelGun

Hi everyone! I'm taking my first shot at creating a mission for a flight of four Harriers that will start up and then depart from the Tarawa. I have Harrier 1 set as Player for me, with 2 through 4 as AI's. My issue is that when I move the throttle forward to start the engine, the AI aircraft see that as me starting my takeoff roll, so they start theirs as well. The result is them plowing into me. Like I said, this is my first run at editing a mission, so I assume that their is a simple reason for this that I'm overlooking. Thanks for any help that you can offer.

This is a known bug. It’s been like this for a long time. You need to assign all AI Harriers to spots in front of you. It doesn’t have anything to do with you moving the throttle afaik.

Thanks! I'll give moving them a go.

Also KelGun, don't quote me but I believe that this issue has been fixed in the latest beta so you should not have to worry about it anymore. Also there was the issue where the Harriers couldn't land back on the Tarawa. They would just hover to the left of the flight deck and then eventually lower themselves into the sea. I believe I saw this listed as corrected in the last Open Beta list of fixes as well. Keep your fingers crossed.