[NO BUG] ARC-159 showing VHF FM

Andrei

I noticed that since last open beta update, when I try to open comms menu for ARC-159, it would show VHF FM instead of that previously used to be ARC-159 and I'm not able to communicate on any frequency. I can still hear other comms though. Single player.

Edited by IronMike

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I stand corrected. The radio actually works if you contact e.g. AWACS. With wing-man it's hit and miss.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Hey Andrei,

I'm sorry that the radios don't work for you. However, I'm quite sure that unmodded DCS can't show "VHF FM" in any radio menu of the F-14. The only possible options are "UHF ARC-159", "VHF/UHF ARC-182", and "ICS". If you're using "Easy Communication", then you can also have "AUTO".

Thus, the only possibility that you have "VHF FM" is that one or more files are corrupted or that you are using a mod that replaced some radio communication files. Could you repair your DCS and remove all mods? Then, make sure that you're using standard controls for the radios. Launch your F-14 and stay in the pilot seat. Try opening the menus using:

- RALT (Right ALT) + \ to open "UHF ARC-159"

- RCTRL (Right CTRL) + \ to open "VHF/UHF ARC-182"

- RSHIFT (Right SHIFT) + \ to open "ICS"

- \ to open "AUTO" - but only when using "Easy Communication".

If any menu title is different, please, take a screenshot.

Try communicating using the radios, remembering to set correct frequency. When using "Easy Communication", you can skip frequency tuning, and use "AUTO" to select the station you want to communicate with - the frequency will be set for you automatically. Also note, that some of the bands on the ARC-182 use manual modulation (AM/FM) settings. Finally, ensure that the AI units have correct frequencies assigned in the mission editor - otherwise, you may be unable to contact them.

If this doesn't work for you, please describe in details all the steps you take in DCS to setup your radio. If possible, please include screenshots showing your radio display and radio menu. Finally, please write if you're using "Easy Communication".

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/