DCS, AV-8B Harrier, CCRP Dive Toss.

Holbeach

AGM 65G delivery, Memory Aid.

IRMV Target Designation and Lock-on When ready to engage a target, the IRMV should be selected and RDY. Left stores page.

Menu/Stores/IRMV/AG/Master Arm/

1. Press the [Cage/Uncage] HOTAS Button to activate IRMV Video in the LEFT MPCD.

2. The missile seeker will be slaved to the HUD’s VVM. The VVM will show a second circle to indicate that the IRMV seeker is slaved.

3. On the HUD the Missile Type legend will show the letter U, for uncaged.

4. Press the [sensor Select FWD: INS. IRMV/EOMV] HOTAS Button to select the IRMV seeker as the selected sensor. IRMV label will appear on the IRMV video page.

5. The pilot can designate a target by two methods: a. By placing the HUD’s VVM on top of the target. In the IRMV Video page, the target will be in the center of the crosshairs. To command lock press the [TDC Down (Action Position)] HOTAS Button. The seeker will attempt lock as soon as the button is released. b. By slewing the seeker by using the TDC button/axis. The seeker will attempt lock as soon as the button/axis is released.

6. The seeker can be slewed after a target lock is achieved. In which case the lock is cleared and a new lock is attempted.

NOTE If the IR Maverick seeker fails to achieve lock or the lock is lost, the crosshairs will retract to the edges of the IRMV video display. They will remain there until the seeker is reset by either pressing the [AG Target Undesignate/NWS/FOV Toggle] HOTAS button or by slewing the seeker with the TDC buttons.

Shoot when INRNG on HUD.

4 x T-90 mobile.

DMT lock can be achieved around 8.5 nm.

Adding a Tor to the tanks, alters the situation somewhat.

If it's stationary, a Sidearm will deal with it easily.

If it's on the move, Sidearm won't hit it, so after a lock, wait a short time for it to stop, then prepare to shoot.

Shoot 2 Sidearm, then slice away. It will launch, but hopefully it will be destroyed before its missiles hit you and they will destruct.

--Video--

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• 3 weeks later...

(Flown, edited and uploaded, whilst quaffing Vodka on my birthday. Cheers everybody).

Attacking a mobile tank group protected by a Tor SAM. , with Sidearm. Don't prematurely release your Sidearm. Wait for a Tor launch, which will indicate that it's static, (or watch it stop with DMT). Sidearm will not hit a moving taget, (in most cases)..

Sa-8 and Sa-19, have more or less the same result.

Note: Sidearm was specifically designed to hit the antenna of moving, convoy protection vehicles and be shot from low level and self lofting, before diving on the moving target.

Ours dosn't do any of that, but it is what it is and you can help it from L/L launch, by lofting it to avoid trees etc.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• Like 1

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa

(Thanks Wakeshift).

Stuff I need to know about.

the SA-2 (RL).

Guidance.

Assembly and fuelling.

Sa-6.

New 25mm SAP ammo coming, to replace AP.

https://www.gd-ots.com/munitions/medium-caliber-ammunition/25mm-pgu-32u-saphei-t/

http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Weapons/AFV_Guns/OATK_25x137mm_Ammo.pdf

Edited by Holbeach

There's something fascinating about goading SAMs, like poking a snake with a stick.

(Unrelated info. Steam is using 6% of my 8 gb RAM when not in use. Make sure it's turned off when using DCS).

Edited by Holbeach

Similar scenario to previous, but upgrading tank protection and all vehicles are stationary.

SEAD practice mission.

4 tanks, encamped with their support on the edge of trees.

Guarded by, Sa-15 Tor + Sa 11 Buk SR 9518M1. (Medium range).

Plus. SA-13 Strella 10 + CP 9S80M1 Sborka. (short range).

Strella 1. (Short range).

Take whatever action necessary, to destroy Sa-15 with Sidearm + Strella 10 and 1 tank with Maverick.

Tor and Sidearm lock and launch at about the same distance and so it's reletively easy to take out when stationary.

SA-15 is much faster, so a hard slice is necessary after launch. Shoot immediately a lock is obtained.

Hit Strella 10 with a Mav. or you won't get close enough to spot a tank in the trees. Tank must have possitive id. We don't want to waste a Mav on a truck and we don't want to hit a tree.

Added surveilance radars, don't appear to have made much difference to defence.

Strella 1 did nothing and can be removed with the gun.

4 Sidearm + 2 Maverick loaded.

Now that the basics are sorted, we can increase the local defence, to add some spice.

Changing from SA-15 to SA-19, had the effect of causing the AGM-122, to target the Surveilance radars first, due to its shorter engagement range.

SA-19 can be targeted with Maverick, to solve this problem.

Updated this mission to include a Tunguska with arty convoy on opposite side of lake plus multiple Igla and Shilka AAA.

Attack SA 15, then SA 19, then SA 13, to allow following 4 x Harriers

to attack tanks and arty with AGM 65G.

We now have a party.

Edited by Holbeach

DCS. Harrier. CCRP, Snake Eye. Tunguska destroy.

Low tech, high risk, method to destroy a Tor/Tunguska SAM, guarding 4 x T-90 tanks with support, resting in woods. Protected by Strella 10 and 4 x IGLA S, plus other SAMs in the local area (Made from 6 separate replays of the same run). .

Thanks jojo.

It's appreciated.

• 4 months later...

The Harrier is deemed to be out of Early Access and "feature complete".

Here are the ones that interest me.

Are they all featured?

No they are not.

LOFT Delivery Mode This mode is not available in initial Early Access release. It will be enabled in subsequent updates. (Not implemented).

DSL(1) (manual) delivery mode is not enabled in initial Early Access release. It will be enabled in subsequent releases. (Not implemented).

AGM-65E/TGM-65E Laser Maverick This missile is not available on initial Early Access release. It will be enabled in subsequent releases. (Not implemented).

The AGM-122A Sidearm is still under development and at initial Early Release has a low hit probability. The missile reliability will be upgraded in subsequent upgrades. (Not upgraded).

The following controls are not available on initial Early Access release: HUD Symbology Brightness, FLIR Video Controls, MPCD display swap. These controls will be available on subsequent updates. (Not all).

On initial Early Access release, only the following UFC functions/modes are available: TCN, AWL, V/STOL, LASER Code, COM1 & COM2. The remaining functions/modes will be activated in subsequent updates. (DK).

In the initial Early Release version only the following pages are available: FLIR, EHSD, DMT, STRS, ENG, TPOD and EW. All other pages will become available on subsequent updates. (DK).

In the Early Release version, the pilot can only navigate through a flight plan created in the Mission Editor. The ability to create and modify flight plans incockpit will be introduced in subsequent updates. MK navigation is not enabled until future updates. (DK).

Video Contrast (CONT): Adjusts the contrast of the HUD FLIR video. HUD Control Panel FLIR video controls NOTE The Brightness function of the Brightness Selector switch, Video Brightness Control and Video Contrast functions are not enabled in the initial Early Access Release. They will be enabled in subsequent updates. (DK).

NAVFLIR Hotspot Detector is not available on initial Early Access release. The system will be enabled in subsequent updates. (Not implemented).

MANUAL delivery mode is not enabled in initial Early Access release. It will be enabled in subsequent releases. (Not implemented).

UFC and ODU weapons programming is not available in the initial Early Access release. It will be enabled in subsequent releases. (DK).

Full Manual. (No. Completed, but not complete and not published).

Edited by Holbeach

Shrike,

I think he's copied those notes out of the Pocket Guide and simply specified whether they were implemented yet.

For all we know without further testing, we don't even really have an ARBS yet, so it could be why a lot of these other modes are on the backburner.

So we are not getting LOFT / TOSS settings for ARBS ? this is confirmed ?

You don't need ARBS for Toss bombing.

You don't need ARBS for Toss bombing.

Yup its usually INS based iirc.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...
Yup its usually INS based iirc.

Do you know the answer to 6,7, and 8 on my list?

• 2 weeks later...

18 months ago I started this thread after I had just bought the Harrier.

It was a way of using 'toss bombing', (used in the Falklands war) which hadn't yet been introduced in this module.

It still hasn't been introduced, despite the Harrier being out of EA and deemed "feature complete".

So, is this feature going to be introduced or not?

The manual is supposed to be complete, but not finished. What does that mean?

Will it include, Toss Bombing instructions and if not, will that point to it not being implemented?

If it is included, then the Harrier is not "feature complete.

TBC.

Edited by Holbeach

For shits and giggles, you can manually toss the GBU-16, very much like the GR.3s did over the Falklands. Perfect skill to train while waiting for the automatic implementation.

Head towards an offset point, located 4nm away from the target while flying at 500 Knots and 200 feet above the target. Also make sure that the weapon release mode is DSL, otherwise the plane wont let you pickle. When at the offset (and heading towards the target), pull 3G until the velocity vector is at 30 deg, or about 1600ft above the targets altitude, pickle, roll over and dive away. As long as a target is being lased and the bomb has not smashed into something on the way there, it should hit .I have a 95% success ratio with this delivery.

I know it is not the same as the automatic mode the SHAR and the AV8B has, but it is fun to use and practice. If you want to set up a profile yourself, the numbers are in the NATOPS TAC-050 at 2-164.

Thanks for the info.

I've used dive toss and toss, with bombs, CBU, and rockets, but never GBU.

Edited by Holbeach

• 3 weeks later...

QUESTION.

IS THE HARRIER EVER GOING TO GET DIVE TOSS?

A10C II HOTAS config.

X52 H.O.T.A.S. {0D16B5F0-7EEA-11e9-8005-444553540000}.diff.lua