Aircraft buying guide

Birko

Partly in light of what has happened with the Hawk, but mainly because of being autistic with too much time on my hands but not an excess of money, I created this handy guide for when you are unsure whether or not to purchase an aircraft in DCS. Yes, it probably should've been a flow chart instead :doh: Enjoy!

1. Do you want this aircraft?

If 'no', do not purchase this aircraft.

If 'yes', continue.

2. Will you be able to enjoy the aircraft in the state it is currently in for a reasonable length of time?

If 'no', continue. If 'yes', skip to question 5.

3. Are the developers of the aircraft module likely to develop the module to a state that will be enjoyable for a reasonable length of time, in a reasonable amount of time?

If 'no', continue.

If 'yes', skip to question 5.

4. Is the current price of the module low to the extent that you can disregard the security of your purchase?

If 'no', do not purchase this aircraft.

If 'yes', continue.

5. Do you have the expendable funds to purchase this aircraft?

If 'no', acquire the expendable funds before you continue.

If 'yes', continue.

6. Do you want to get this aircraft at the current price, now?

If 'no', do no purchase this aircraft until you can answer 'yes' to this question.

If 'yes', purchase this aircraft.

If you have answered 'yes' to question 6, but your partner has answered 'no', reconsider your partner then purchase this aircraft.

Edited by Birko

If you have answered 'yes' to question 6, but your partner has answered 'no', reconsider your partner then purchase this aircraft.

:lol: :pilotfly:

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

:lol: :pilotfly:

number 6, Ha! :megalol:;):music_whistling:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Nicely done Birko. My early morning smile and chuckle is compliments of yourself.

Thanks for the kick.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth