VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi Mr Hollywood, might you be able to offer advice on this problem I have.

When I use Vaicom Pro it keeps 'recognising' words that are not in the Vaicom editor list. If I go into keyword training from the editor screen, then open the dictionary (e.g. Edit or add a word option) I see hundreds of words/phrases that are not Vaicom kwywords. However the Vaicom manual says the dictionary when entering Training mode should be loaded with only the list of Vaicom keywords. Do I have to do something special to 'switch' Windows speech recognition to use specifically the Vaicom Pro dictionary? Or have I totally misunderstood? Probably the latter, but any advice appreciated.

Is there a way to issue commands without hearing your own commands through the dcs interface? For example, I give a command or inquiry and only receive the response.

Thanks!

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Shack: "Disable Player Voice", under Preferences.

Appreciate that !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are not unfortunately. Also hoping @Hollywood_315 adds them some time in the future. along with a couple others that are still missing.
As far I know it is impossible enable/disable AIRIO with out reset Vaicom/DSC due to how jester wheel menu is implemented in DCS. For the seme reason you can not have both. So I would do not expect there will be this functionality at all!

Nokia 6.1 with Tapatalka

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

As far I know it is impossible enable/disable AIRIO with out reset Vaicom/DSC due to how jester wheel menu is implemented in DCS. For the seme reason you can not have both. So I would do not expect there will be this functionality at all!

Nokia 6.1 with Tapatalka

I'm not asking for a command to disable AIRIO itself.

I'm looking for a feature in the wheel menu called "Set Inactive/Active" to be implemented inside AIRIO.

This command doesn't just stop Jester from talking, but also stops him interacting with the jet systems in any way.

Trying to practice RIO cold start in single player by yourself is a massive hassle, because parts of the pilot start up checklist trigger Jester to do things in the rear seat, even when he hasn't been explicitly instructed to "Startup". Disabling AIRIO in between flights to get access just to this setting is also a hassle.

Anyone else having problems with the menu commands (Take 1, 2, 3 etc.) not working since the new upadte?

I rolled back to the earlier version and it worked again. Upgraded, broken again..

The command seems to be recognised by VA, but doesn't get actioned

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

Anyone else having problems with the menu commands

Hi Phil,

I can't offer any help with this issue - just for the record, no problem here after updating software...

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

used to use action message off in VA in DCS that would turn the menu off i updated to the latest beta , i got the message

" PTT: use an active TX node

Matched imported F10 menu command.

Have result, identified as importedmenus: Action Message OFF

Captured sentence: action message off"

but the menu keeps popping up, anyone what might cause this ?

FIXED: worked after system restart.

Some others, then, don't, like radio tune, take and I can't train "Two" for reasons beyond me.

That's strange, I have problem with 'two' as well (I can't imagine easier English word but for some reason I say it wrong) most of time I use 'gopher' instead.

Nokia 6.1 with Tapatalka

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Having a heck of a time getting my commands understood in VA. I'm sure it's something I'm doing incorrectly. For Example, I'll try and contact a JTAC, but I get no response. Other times in the VA log window, I'll get "Awaiting further input" and nothing after that.

For example ...I'm using Easy Comm off and trying to contact the JTAC "Whiplash" on 250.6 on Radio 1 - FM VHF with no success. Occasionally, I did see ATC 1 tuned to WHIPLASH, but when I checked in with "Enfield 1, checking in" no response. Ideally, I would like to just speak in one sentence "Whiplash, Enfield 1 Check in" ... Am I setting up my VA incorrectly for this ?

Also, I'm really interested in the VSPX feature, as I speak fast naturally ... but at this point I'm just trying to narrow down my first issue. What's the feedback on VSPX ?

I've gone through the keywords and mostly with no problems.

Can anyone help with that limited information? I'm trying to find my debug file ( Yes I check marked it in the UI Config page but cant find the file.

Thanks ! :(

a.png

d.png

s.png

Viacom.png

w.png

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Question about new MP options: The manual describes "Mic to Human Players" DISABLED as "Select this if you don’t want your talks to AI units to be heard by fellow players on the same frequency."

Can this work even when the same PTT key is being used for VAICOM TX and SRS radio? (If not, what is the recommended PTT configuration?) If so, does VAICOM block transmission over the SRS radio while it tries to detect a command? If so, does that introduce a delay when I'm talking to a fellow player? Some examples of use with different setups would be helpful.

BTW, have you thought about integration with Discord or Teamspeak PTT as well?

Thanks so much for this incredible product Hollywood!

I would also like to know how this is supposed to work. I'm not able to talk to other players unless I have the "Mic to human players" enabled. If disabled, "TR" just flashes in the SRS window and no one can hear me. Seems to me that the channels used for communication among players are recognized as "AI channels"

Hi all

Catching up in random order:

@Shack Make sure to use the correct phrasing to contact JTAC e.g. 'Playtime 20 Minutes', see ref tables.

For VSPX leave out the sender reference in your call ie do not say the 'Enfield' part.

@bumblebomb For recognition Check your mic driver settings, input levels and consider playing with your Command Weight value in VA options.

@Silversmith Training Mode loads only VAICOM PRO keywords but make sure in VA and MS Windows control panel the correct recognition engine is selected.

@Ares63 Noted, thanks.

@PingPongChampeen Select all options on the Reset tab and press reset.

@stgchamby You may see this message if you're too quick with releasing your PTT key: try holding a fraction longer.

@balletje @RickInAZ Thanks we'll have a look to see if there's a reproducible snag.

@Clorydric For STEAM try delete export.lua from Saved Games then force lua using Custom Path, not applying the ob flag.

@IchDien The Jester suspend feature is being looked into for next AIRIO update.

@Rennes These commands cannot be reached with traditional methods ie keystrokes, they'll need VAICOM PRO to use them.

@slicker55 You do not need AIRIO for radio tuning: use Config/Export to find the new .vap profile that contains the commands.

@andhog @sthompson This a new feature and user feedback is appreciated. 'Mic to human players' needs to be on in order for your mic to be sent to other players via SRS, it will get muted otherwise and your speech goes to AI (you get the TR flash in SRS). Use the 'Display Info' checkbox to see which players are identified on your frequency.

Cheers

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

The new multiplayer feature is confusing. Seems like you have to open config on the fly, check "Mic to human players" if you wanna talk on SRS, then uncheck it to talk to AI. Rinse and repeat. I thought it was supposed to be automatic? Very confusing. I emailed Viacom tech support but haven't gotten any response. Guess they are confused too. Also, what should be done with "Allow VIACOM TX Inhibit" in SRS Settings? On or Off? Thanks.

@Chicki No switching, it's explained in the manual.

Enable both Mic to Human Players and Mic to AI Units if you want to address both on mixed channels.

In SRS you need to enable the feature i.e. ON.

Suggest to check the different options to get a feel for it.

Again, this is a new feature and user feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Having issue with UH1 and SRS. In Huey as soon as I start using VAICOM, SRS start transmit continuously. Without VAICOM Srs working fine. Only happening with huey.

Not tested the Huey myself but if this is new maybe something caused by integration, try switching it off and see if that makes a difference.

okay i found my issue, the export.lua file.

Care to elaborate?

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs