empty persian gulf map and template missions

dmatsch

Hi, everyone.

I am trying to create a base template for PG that I can use to create various single missions. I want to first create a rich and active environment WITHOUT adding any combat yet. Basically a lively airspace and ground environment to simulate a non-empty world

It is taking way too long to add all of the assets, air defense, oil platforms, RAT, etc. 3 hours to create a simple template with debugging and script editing. I find that I don't have any actual time to fly.

Would anyone have any kind of PG template that they could share that I could build on?

Why doesn't ED give you an active airspace sample missions with their maps instead of a big empty world?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've been playing with moose/mist and the various plugins, but time and the wonky mission editor is the limiting factor.

I spend hours and hours trying to work through the various ME bugs and shortcomings, but unfortunately don't have the time to actually fly in anything but an empty map.

It would be wonderful if you could just click a button and add random and scripted air traffic that actually does what you tell it to do.

Yeah that map is pretty much the bomb, that's what I'm using. Among other things a lot of templates are included. Adding, say a Hawk battery is literally two clicks.

MOOSE is worth looking at. Setting up an air defense network with MOOSE is pretty much a five minute task using A2A_GCICAP if you want to keep it simple.

Random Air Traffic literally takes about two minutes to set up, if that.

You can make MOOSE complicated if you want, but you don't have to. Download moose.lua from the github (you want the one in moose_include), copy and paste about four lines of code, make sure the group names are right in both places (ie in ME and in the code) and you're pretty much done

ETA

Here I'll throw you a bone. I didn't imbed the scripts so you can see em in the mission editor. So, ya got the historically accurate PG map, dude that did this spent hours on Google Earth. I have the 71st TFS (F5), 91 and 92 TFS (F4), and 63 TFS (F14) flying CAP for ya and I put elements of the 82nd TFS (F14) scrambling out of Bandar Abbass if ya get too close. Random air traffic. Blue coalition is on its own. Cool map and it only took a few minutes to make. Just a few lines of code that were mostly cut and paste, I didn't imbed the scripts so you should be able to see what I did. There's an even easier way to do it, with less code but I had this already done for my project. MOOSE is pretty cool.

Bone.miz

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

DeltaMike, sorry for the delay. Been working too much.

Thanks for the work on the miz file. I managed a few minutes to play with it and it's a good start.

MOOSE and MIST *ARE* cool, and as a programmer, would love to play around with them, but want to fly. Not code/debug more after an 10 hour day of coding/debugging.

I just wish ED would put options into the mission editor to make this easier.

Thanks again for your file.