How to enter a flat spin?

billeinstein

I find it's very easy to recover from a spin. Just release the stick and rudder, no oppsite rudder input is needed.

It's correct: Sabre is/was very forgiving :)

I find the best way to enter a flat spin is to make a controversial comment on the forum!!!

:megalol: :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

From the video's ive seen,I always heard, "just let go of the stick,and let the plane handle it" and it seems very true

,Ive entered a flat spin by doing 300 knots and yanking back on the throttle and Flight stick while kicking the rudder.

and to recover i just let go of everything and put max throttle.

I find the best way to enter a flat spin is to make a controversial comment on the forum!!!

Like the Sabre, at that point it is best to just let go of the controls for a while. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/sabre/?PAGEN_2=6

Spin

An aircraft enters a spin in any configuration and in all the flight speed range up to the Mach number of 0.9. In any case, the spin is the result of stall at excessing available g forces during maneuvering or at the drop of speed lower than the allowable one for the current weight and flight configuration of the aircraft.

With the correct spin recovery technique taken into account and available altitude, aircraft recovery is possible from any kind of spin.

Upon entering a spin, the aircraft nose goes below the horizon to the angle of 50-75 degrees with a slow rotation. When the rotation rate increases, the aircraft nose goes up almost to the horizon. The first spin turn occurs approximately in 5-8 sec. with the altitude loss of 500-600 feet. During the next turn, the rotation rate increases with the diminution of amplitude of nosing up to the horizon and an increase of the climb angle to the vertical one.

At the same time, with each next turn the altitude loss increases and may reach 2.000 feet per turn.

Typically, the aircraft falls into right-hand spin.

A spin with increased engine thrust is characterized by smaller climb angles and higher rotation rate.

A spin with the minimal thrust or without power is characterized by steeper (up to 90 degrees in the process of development) trajectory.

The spin quality does not change with the speedbrakes deployed.

In landing configuration, the spin peculiarity is smaller altitude loss at first turns.

With external fuel tanks, a change of spin direction may occur both upon entering the spin and after several turns.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/sabre/?PAGEN_2=7

Spin recovery

Spin recovery occurs when the controls are set to their neutral position. As a rule, simultaneously, the aircraft recovers from the spin on its own with some delay.

For a controlled spin recovery, it is recommended:

- Set the throttle to idle to decrease the altitude loss;

- Set rudder (pedal) against the rotation;

- Set the control stick into the neutral position.

If an aircraft has external loads, has entered a spin, and it is impossible to recover from the spin in the course of one or one and a half turns, then it is recommended to jettison external loads and recover the aircraft from the spin according to the normal procedure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/sabre/?PAGEN_2=7

Spin recovery

Spin recovery occurs when the controls are set to their neutral position. As a rule, simultaneously, the aircraft recovers from the spin on its own with some delay.

For a controlled spin recovery, it is recommended:

- Set the throttle to idle to decrease the altitude loss;

- Set rudder (pedal) against the rotation;

- Set the control stick into the neutral position.

If an aircraft has external loads, has entered a spin, and it is impossible to recover from the spin in the course of one or one and a half turns, then it is recommended to jettison external loads and recover the aircraft from the spin according to the normal procedure.

Why "Set rudder (pedal) against the rotation" then, if setting it in neutral works?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Probably because of the "with some delay" part: your plane may or may not recover on its own after several seconds, but you should always apply opposite rudder to make sure you recover as soon as possible (in the case of an unwanted spin), or simply when you want to stop spinning.

I don't own the Sabre yet, but the Mustang usually recovers on its own after 2 to 5 turns in most cases, if you keep all controls centered.

I entered a flat spin the other day on a free flight server. I had flaps and airbrakes extended at low airspeed, and was at about 5000ft. I couldn't get out of the spin and had to eject. After ejecting the Sabre continued to spin all the way to the ground.

I'll try to replicate this when possible.