DCS, AV-8B Harrier, CCRP Dive Toss.

Holbeach

My version.

My memory aid procedure. The Harrier doesn't have this form of bombing implemented, so I'm using an alternative, less accurate version, used for attacking AAA and man-pad defended targets, without overflying. CCIP would be suicide, (AAA is disabled for this attack). 005, should read 50 ft spacing. CCRP replays don't work, so AIH cockpit view only.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Useful technique where several hundred feet margin of error is acceptable :thumbup:

In all seriousness though I've been doing this bodge CCRP toss bombing for quite a some time seeing as it's the only option giving the glacial rate of progress to getting the actual loft bombing profile.

It's pretty much useless with iron bombs unless it's a VERY specific circumstance (i.e. no wind and a loooooong convoy conveniently on a bridge) and even then there's always a much much better way to go about destroying the target.

LGB lobbing is a good laugh and great if your target is behind a ridge with a JTAC involved or a buddy lase who's above the target threat envelope.

You just need speed over 500 and a pull up from 4-5 mile away, nothing technical to it.

Doesn't make up for the fact we have no functioning loft bombing profile... still :P

@ Sadist Cain

For a convoy I use clusters, as you don't need to be quite so picky for accuracy.

In this case, the target is the bridge and only 1 bomb hit is required for success, hence the diagonal approach. The convoy is just a cherry.

So what is the alternative.

CCRP with a buggered ASL. WW2 style bombing at high alt. with less accuracy than a Lancaster.

CCIP Light Brigade, in a death slide into a hail of bullets and missiles.

LGB, Mav etc. Not my thing.

The only thing this lacks from a real CCRP Dive Toss, is an, in range cue, so I can live with that.

Trying to find the sweet spot for accuracy, is really good fun and is the kind of thing I enjoy.

Falklands style, hands on.

TBC.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I got into DCS for high level of sim accuracy. Not workarounds on a 69$ module and making my own solutions to mitigate shortcomings in the system modeling. While the technique might work and you are having tonsof fun with it, you will need to re-learn a lot when the systems work as they should. I rather wait for Razbam to overhaul the Harrier than learn wrong procedures.

I'm looking forward to it.

In the meantime, I'll do stuff and you can sit around and wait.

Edited by Holbeach

I'm looking forward to it.

In the meantime, I'll do stuff and you can sit around and wait.

The issue comes with the fact you're making excuses that do not need making for an incomplete module simply because you're indulging your Brit in the Falklands fantasy with it.

It's fine for you that you're immersed and entertain yourself with pretending like you're in a Sea Harrier, the ire comes when defending very poor conduct simply because you don't like the reality poking in the fantasy bubble that you've created for yourself around a half baked module.

These are work arounds for incomplete and/or broken systems that should be working by now, the fact you or anyone would be making 'tutorial' videos on how to work around missing features is in no way a positive thing.

We're all doing stuff, the difference is we're a bit fed up with the bodgejobs and have moved passed the point of being amused by them whilst you're still finding them so novel.

We want the stuff it could be doing and how it should be doing it and these hacks just highlight the missing capabilities of the aircraft that we should have by now.

You may well be satisfied with spending 50-60 odd on an AV8B Harrier module in order to just stick an RAF skin on and pretend like you're fighting Argentinians the 80's, most are not.

You may well be enjoying playing in the box that the Harrier came in, it's a great box, you have a marvellous imagination and that's great.

That doesn't mean everyone else who bought an AV8B should be satisfied with just the box, or should be happy that they can stick an RAF roundel on it and call it a day.

People want the Aircraft they paid for, not to be fannying around with half mile inaccuracies and missing range cues, borked ASL lines, non-existent loft profiles, broken radios, missing CAS pages, incomplete navigation, broken-fixed-broken features, sidearm volumes etc. etc.

Especially after this long.

When you're in a bad place, imagine you're somewhere else.

At least it's given you a chance to vent.

The Harriers a great plane, but I wouldn't watch the next one if I were you. :lol:

Can you post the mission? I want to try to get the targets in a 45 degree attack. Looks like fun.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

When you're in a bad place, imagine you're somewhere else.

At least it's given you a chance to vent.

The Harriers a great plane, but I wouldn't watch the next one if I were you. :lol:

Vent? xD That's just the way it is my dear fellow that's not venting lol apologies if the bluntness is abrasive to you.

I don't agree that it's acceptable that it's still in this state, players shouldn't have to work around and suspend disbelief to this extent still when trying to use the harrier systems as they're intended to be used.

So by that measure of course I find fault with a video detailing a broken/half implemented system as ones own "version" of doing things.

I'm pleased for you that you're still entertained with the current state of the Harrier and happy that you've crafted your own world of fun for yourself with how it is at the moment.

We shall both look forward to the rest of the features I'm sure. :thumbup:

Can you post the mission? I want to try to get the targets in a 45 degree attack. Looks like fun.

Hello. Disable the 2 OSA SAMs for a dive toss, 1 on the island, 1 in the convoy, or a low level approach will be necessary.

GL

RAF Harrier .miz

Hello. Disable the 2 OSA SAMs for a dive toss, 1 on the island, 1 in the convoy, or a low level approach will be necessary.

GL

thanks

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

thanks

I just remembered, there are Snakeyes on at the moment. Change them for slicks or Rockeye, either will do, Rockeye with a closer lob and more chance of a hit.

GL..

Thanks for posting the video - the AV-8B, while it still needs further work, is great sim and a fun plane to fly!

Well said! :)

Nice videos.

Thanks chaps. :thumbup:

I'm working on another Dive Toss scenario, similar to another one I did a few years ago with Mig 21. in the mountains.

In the meantime, here is one to see if I can deliver, in the face of those pesky SAMs, Snakeyes using CCRP low level.

My Memory Aid vid. AAA and SAM protected bridge is the target. OSA radar range is 16nm, so it's essential to get down into the valley as soon as possible after locking the target at 24 miles. Loadout is 12 Snakeye at 12/1/004 (40') but 150' would have been better for this 1800' bridge. Ip is red roof at edge of town to line up. Don't exceed 200' AGL after exit valley. This also works with CCIP.

Edited by Holbeach

Is there a way to change map waypoint to target point?

If so, could somebody point me to the relavent detailed operation.

Is there a way to change map waypoint to target point?

If so, could somebody point me to the relavent detailed operation.

The DSEG button, bottom left on the EHSD

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

The DSEG button, bottom left on the EHSD

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks.

The track might not work since it was done on a previous versions

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3789446&postcount=4

To whom it may concern,

The track might not work since it was done on a previous versions

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3789446&postcount=4

Thanks. Yes it does work and is an interesting variation on the High Alt. CCRP level approach.

At the moment I'm working on a dive toss on a 9 x T-72 tank column in the mountains, stopped and waiting for a fuel supply.

Protected by 2 x Shilka, 2 x Igla, 1 SA8 OSA and 1 SA6 KUB. Direct assault is impossible.

So detect the column from radar emissions, designate the target with DMT, (or easier with waypoint), dive down to attack using the mountains as cover, pull up to toss over the mountain, hard left down the next valley, to avoid the missiles, (OSA and KUB) and back home in time for tea.

Edited by Holbeach

@ Dangerman.

Yes, that pretty much sums up the mission, It's a tough one and I have several variations of tackling it, all of which have disadvantages, mainly due to the SA 6 Kub with its long range radar and SA 8 OSA, with its very fast reaction time, (tank column is stopped). (No waypoint target designation or guided munitions allowed).

At the other end of the attack profile is, Low level approach, pop up, roll in, designate, consent, pull up and toss, hard roll into the next valley, in quick succession. Tank column is moving. It's risky but more accurate.

Thanks for the interest.

Regards.

Edited by Holbeach
Removed some details.

Memory aid setup guide. Harrier, Low Angle Dive Toss, on an armoured column which has stopped in the mountains to refuel. Protected by, 1 x SA6 Kub, 1 x OSA 8, 1 x SA9 Strella, 5 x SA18 Igla, 1 x Shilka, 2 x Zu 23. Using the mountain as cover, it's possible to get closer, thereby increasing the accuracy of the Mk 82 lob. Convoy is at an angle, so only 1 hit is expected. I'm overflying to watch the fall of bombs (a dangerous manoeuvre).