aileron trim tab non functional?

birdstrike

today i tried to play a little with the trim tabs in the special section for the 109. and while the trim tab for the rudder makes a noticeable difference, the tabs for the ailerons dont seem to have any effect at all, not even when trying the most extreme settings of -100 or +100.

Edited by birdstrike

It works properly in both, Stable and Beta.

Tried +100 and -100, plane rolls to side where trim is set.

May be, at lower speeds it is not so much noticeable, i tried it at 500km/h.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

You seem to be uninstalling and reinstalling DCS constantly. Why? Can't make up your mind?

:lol: Yeah... happens with pretty much all sims - I get bored with it, uninstall... then after a while I miss it again or something tempting makes me re-install and give it another chance... ( last was the release if the Yak-52 )

There are two exclusions to this rule. One I believe I shouldn't mention here, the other is Aerowinx PSX :-)

Maybe if someday Yo-Yo creates a glider for it ...DCS World will keep permanently installed ...

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Nice idea. DFS 230 or Go 242 would be fantastic. Just need a Ju 52/3m to lift it. :)

Or Allied gliders and the C-47:thumbup:

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Everybody already had a riot when they made planes without Guns, and now you want them without engines too? I can already see the pitchforks.

A 109G (to go with the 190A8) or a German counterpart to the Mossie (Me410 Pls) would be much more useful.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Well, as per the title this is a digital combat simulator, and in order to simulate warfare properly, the logistics / supply part has to be there too. So of course we'd need both the Tante Ju and the Dak if we wanted to get serious about this, no?

Not sure about the gliders though, that may be a (air)bridge too far :)

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 2 months later...

Bf-109K-4 has aileron trim. It just doesn't have cockpit-adjustable aileron trim.

The Aileron Trim -100 to +100 slider in Options>Special does have an effect. With Instant Action, Free Flight mission the airplane rolls gently to the right with value -100 and strongly to the right with +100. Visually the movable tabs are indistinguishable in either case but it might just be a small angle.

Given instant aciton, free flight at 1.2ATA I found -32 aileron, -13 rudder to be neutral trim setting.