April in the land of VEAO - Wall of text inc!

multi-crew was introduced into DCS with the L-39 and therefore the base code for multi-crew wasn't even a thing back then

But it is now so why not man up and do it keeping your customers happy guys? Really it's crazy you guys are willing to keep letting customers down when you have the perfect opportunity to do it right this time and make amends. P.S. stop with the ED changed something chat it's cring, other developers don't do it.

Edited by comie1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it is now so why not man up and do it keeping your customers happy guys? Really it's crazy you guys are willing to keep letting customers down when you have the perfect opportunity to do it right this time and make amends. P.S. stop with the ED changed something chat it's cring, other developers don't do it.

I think we are going around in circles now, you asked us a question which we have answered.

There are no plans to add multi crew to the T1A

Regards

Pman

Personally I am never in MP. Can you tell me how to alter the lines of code to bring back the rear cockpit. And please keep working to produce a fully functioning Hawk, it is such a well known and popular aircraft, the present outside model is still very beautiful and watching it just makes you want to take control, and I am sure that producing a trainer that is still being used by the Royal Air force and by some air forces as a combat aircraft is going to be a big hit.

This should solve the issue.

Replace the Hawk lua with this one.

Located in DCS/coremods/aircraft/hawk

Enjoy!

Hawk.lua

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

jaw.gif
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Couple of screenshots from this mornings work :)

Pman

The second one is nice, while the first is ruined by the artificial camera lens effects. (note: this is not slam against VEAO, as I dislike those effects in any image. )

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am buying P40 ... giving second chance for VEAO... maybe they will return with a refreshed approach to DCS.

Don't really need that Typhoon... but I am sure there are few other aircrafts at Duxford they can bring to DCS...

Good luck VEAO! Not a fan for your previous work but definitely looking forward for your work here

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Hey man, I know VEAO has gotten a lot of flak for past stuff, but what would genuinely help the public move forward would be if everyone stopped revisitng the past. This community is blowing up, new members every day.

Why not let them form their own opinions?

~Rob

Sure, We have the art pack almost complete with external and internal textures almost finished and the model complete. We have some more integration work to do and it is in the early stages of code base implementation. More work will be dedicated to it while the P-40 is in beta.

Pman

Glad to hear Spit XIV still active!

Hey man, I know VEAO has gotten a lot of flak for past stuff, but what would genuinely help the public move forward would be if everyone stopped revisitng the past. This community is blowing up, new members every day.

Why not let them form their own opinions?

~Rob

The only way to form their own opinion would be to buy the only VEAO product currently available for sale: the Hawk. Would you advise anyone to buy the Hawk in its present state? For me, the past is the present. I bought the P-40F when it was "about 2 weeks from release". So, right now, in the present, I own two VEAO aircraft, and the only one that I can actually install and fly has more problems than any other DCS World module I own, despite being one of the earliest announced/released modules. I believe VEAO intends to deliver the Hawk 2.0 and the P-40F in a much better state than the original Hawk release and its current revision. But the question is when?

I hope VEAO continues to deliver their planned projects for DCS World, such as the Spitfire MkXIV, F8F Bearcat, and Meteor... but I will believe it when I see it. I won't ever buy any more of their products until they have been released and gotten acceptable reviews by the community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wouldn't advise anyone buy the Hawk in any state because this is a SIM and you can learn to fly in any jet safely instead of buying a trainer, but that's just me.

That said yes we all know about the rep VEAO has earned, but they seem to be trying to shake it, why not support them a little and quit trashing them publicly?

Trainers are quite fun to fly, even if you don't need them for "training" per se...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I wouldn't advise anyone buy the Hawk in any state because this is a SIM and you can learn to fly in any jet safely instead of buying a trainer, but that's just me.

That said yes we all know about the rep VEAO has earned, but they seem to be trying to shake it, why not support them a little and quit trashing them publicly?

I am not going to down VEAO. But...on the other hand, trust is earned. They lost my trust and it kind of felt like they stepped on it a little afterward. As much as I love anything WWII. I will not buy anything until I see that it's not going to turn out to be another Hawk scenario.

It's nothing personal against VEAO. There is an old saying...Shame on you....shame on me. I am a very firm believer in that saying.

In all honestly....I sincerely hope that they pull this off and I can purchase more from them.