000rick000's Mirage Paints and Recent Update

==Wiggy==

---FYI---

The Recent update has brought about the Roughmet Changes in the Mirage. So although, initially my paints worked in v2.5, the roughmet files no longer produce the desired effect. I've also noted this in the Beautifully done RAF RED ARROW's scheme. It is no longer glossy.

I will be updating my Roughmet files and Description.Lua files accordingly once I've got them looking the way thy did previously (or better!). I've REMOVED them from the USER FILES area for now.

The only one that seems affected for the better is the Chevaliers Du Ciel Paint, which actually looks better with the default new Roughmet files (except for the exhaust petals - they're too dark).

Thanks,

Rick

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Quick Technical Question for the Gurus around here:

Now that the roughmet is defined in the Mirage, in order to use my customer roughmets in the Liveries Folder, I need to change the following (in RED)?

livery = {
   {"ext1", 0 ,"M2KC_1T_USAF_MN_388",false};
   {"ext1", [b][color=Red]2[/color][/b] ,"M2KC_1[color=red][b]Specular[/b][/color]_USAF_MN_388",false};

To this:

livery = {
   {"ext1", 0 ,"M2KC_1T_USAF_MN_388",false};
   {"ext1", [color=red][b]ROUGHNESS_METALLIC[/b][/color],"M2KC_1[b][color=Red]Roughmet[/color][/b]_USAF_MN_388",false};

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Thank you! Very helpful info! I wish ED would release a painters' SDK, but oh well! Seems like I've been able to find most everything here in the forums. I've been able to update the MN_388 skin and the RoughMet are now being refined. Also discovered the Modelviewer, which had been s BIG help not having to load the sim each time!

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut