Editing ALE47 text file

DUSTY

Hi all,

Up until the latest update (15 Aug) I have been editing the 'CMDS_ALE47'.lua file in 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device' in an effort to avoid having to program my desired CMDS programs each time I start the jet.

With the latest update when I try to edit the .lua file I get an 'access denied' error.

Any ideas to overcome this?

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Hi all,

Up until the latest update (15 Aug) I have been editing the 'CMDS_ALE47'.lua file in 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device' in an effort to avoid having to program my desired CMDS programs each time I start the jet.

With the latest update when I try to edit the .lua file I get an 'access denied' error.

Any ideas to overcome this?

G'day, great post and top idea. This drives me nuts every time!

I know it's a big ask, but I have never edited a .lua file.....any chance you could paste your change here so I can get an idea of what to enter?

Cheers

Thanks for the replies,

Turns out it was related to UAC although it was already disabled - strange. Issue resolved though.

@Clem Fandango: It's very simple, you open the .lua file with notepad and edit it just like a .txt file. Change the numbers that corresponds to the CMDS program you want to alter.

For example, I like to run manual programs so that I can dispense single chaff and flares with each respective push of the FWD and AFT CMDS switch. This means changing programs 'MAN1' and 'MAN5'

I've attached my file so you can open it and have a look.

CMDS_ALE47.lua

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Thanks for the replies,

Turns out it was related to UAC although it was already disabled - strange. Issue resolved though.

@Clem Fandango: It's very simple, you open the .lua file with notepad and edit it just like a .txt file. Change the numbers that corresponds to the CMDS program you want to alter.

For example, I like to run manual programs so that I can dispense single chaff and flares with each respective push of the FWD and AFT CMDS switch. This means changing programs 'MAN1' and 'MAN5'

I've attached my file so you can open it and have a look.

Awesome dude, worked a treat Cheers! :thumbup: