Weird Crash

So this started yesterday and what exactly started yesterday was my game started crashing.

Now at first I thought okay it's just a crash DCS is kinda known for crashing from time to time but then it kept happening(btw it kept crashing on startup, meaning I would launch DCS it would go to that cloud loading hud thing and when that reached 100% the screen would go black and then the dcs.exe has stopped working pop up appeared)so I looked up a few posts on crashing one of the things to try was to unplug all my USB's and plug them back in one by one to see what was causing a problem, turns out my headphones was what was causing the game to crash but it wasn't just my headphones, it was any playback device. I knew this because I had disabled my headphones and launched the game and it worked fine with the obvious exception of no sound and when I enabled my headphones again the game crashed and I tried this with a couple of my other headphones and they all did the same thing so I looked up my problem the best I could with none of the posts Google is recommending to me even having the slightest problem I am so that's why I'm here typing cause by the looks of it no one else seems to of had this problem or if they have Google certainly isn't showing the correct results.

All my drivers are up-to-date(graphics, and audio)

I have launching DCS from the root files

I always have DCS running as admin

I have tried repairing DCS

and finally I have tried reinstalling DCS

all of which to no avail

I do not know how to posts logs of the crash, if someone can tell me how to do that I will gladly do it when I come back online as currently its 4:30am for me and I've spent the whole night stressed out and annoyed at this problem so it's made me a bit tired.

I do hope someone can help me.

Regards,

Coolmint

How to attach logs to posts

mmm, Strange problem there Coolmint:(

The guys will want to know the PC specs you are running and what version of DCS do you have loaded?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Mine starts to act up as well, dunno if update, VR, new rig or just plain bad luck :(

After 10-15min in VR my DCS crashes in stable and nttr version.

May be related, we will see if more report in.

I had yet no time to test w/o VR, maybe its VR related, I installed the Rift beta yesterday as well.

Many many variables, too many to say something

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X