NWS gain is way way to high

DaveRindner

Curves just change the sensitivity in one part of the input by amplifying it elsewhere. So no real solution at all. I disagree too regarding the travel of the rudder pedals in comparison with the real thing. There will be no real difference there.

The only real solution to joystick sensitivity is a long joystick - extension tubes are the real solution.

As for the nose wheel steering - the subject of this thread, I maintain it is a matter of using the right technique, and nothing is wrong with the sensitivity - if you're accelerating down the runway, ANY nose wheel steering will get very sensitive. It's called physics.

I actually have a TM Warthog H.O.T.A.S and Saitek (Logitech) Pro rudder pedals. The spring tension on my pedals is set to the lowest value. I actually tend to keep my feet off the pedals most of the time because the slightest amount of pressure from one foot or the other will deflect my rudder (or differential braking on my Spitfire).

Again, the best way to learn this is to Practice, Practice, Practice!:joystick:

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

you have to make a compromise if you need precise control.

No problem for us chopper pilots.

First, you need to trim often. And when you trim, your curves center point / JS center point moves to where the trim point is, i.e. if you stay in trim you'll always end up having precise control around the trim point. And second, no helo pilot is daft enough to actually use the extreme ends of the cyclic range in flight anyway, because you need your main rotor attached to the rotorshaft at all times ;)

So curves actually work very well with helicopters if you know what you're doing (and adjust / use them sensibly, of course).

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 2 weeks later...

The F-5E NLG (and pretty much all fighter aircraft NLG) have a caster built into it like a shopping cart, and like a shopping cart, the wheel centers when there is forward motion unless an external force is acting on it (activated NWS w\rudder input). Does that make sense?

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn: