Why does editing DOF values fail MP integrity check??

AbortedMan

Title.

Seems like an odd thing to restrict in multiplayer. The depth of field effect is great when toned down from the default value of 150 to 20. Unfortunately, editing this value does not pass integrity checks for online servers.

What??

Modifying any shader .fx files (DOF.fx in your case) is a no-no with IC, i have the same problems with the cloud mod i like to use

J33eAAJ5SfU

Have to say it would be nice to have more control over what files are allowed on servers.

Edited by Mustang

Modifying any shader .fx files (DOF.fx in your case) is a no-no with IC, i have the same problems with the cloud mod i like to use

J33eAAJ5SfU

Have to say it would be nice to have more control over what files are allowed on servers.

Hey Mustang! Those clouds are amazing, and I love your other work.

I can understand why some shaders/clouds/terrain values could be used to gain an unintended advantage or something, but putting a blanket restriction on all of these variables seems a bit heavy handed.

I can't imagine how one would gain anything from manipulating the intensity of depth of field effects.

Hey Mustang, those clouds look better than ever. Got a link, for a new version of the mod? :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.