Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

I am still not able to get the Master Caution light to work. I followed what EasyEB did and I still get an object reference not set to an instance of an object. Frustrated.

Can you get the Raygun software to work with the Buddyfox? i.e flash the lights?

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

No I can confirm the MC light does not work in game.The attached pics shows I have two green thumbs up in automatic warning and one green and one red for warning light on. If someone could post some screen shots of their lua files, locations, etc to help me, I would be most grateful. Thank you in advance.

MC2.png.8c4c90d54faea6037a0c08538e102d83.png

MC1.png.4e3b41ce8e4d3f6af691edc6269ddb3a.png

No I can confirm the MC light does not work in game.The attached pics shows I have two green thumbs up in automatic warning and one green and one red for warning light on. If someone could post some screen shots of their lua files, locations, etc to help me, I would be most grateful. Thank you in advance.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tMC2.png Views:\t0 Size:\t188.0 KB ID:\t7125721","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7125721","data-size":"full","title":"MC1.png"}[/ATTACH]

I think what is requred first is you need to tell us what steps you have done i.e where have you placed your files which folder where used, where you added the line in your Script Lua and where have you placed the Raygun software.

Just so we can advise on each steps rather than bomabrd you with do this and that.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Script attached.

Location is C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME HERE\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

Change C: to the drive where your users directory is located.

In the same folder, in the Export.lua file, make sure you have the following line:

local dcsRg=require('lfs');dofile(dcsRg.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-raygun.lua]])

if you don't have an export.lua file, create one. I use notepad++ for editing text files.

DCS-raygun.lua

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies. Here is what I have as requested. The two files are located in my saved games folder on my C: drive. The export.lua file has the local dcsRg... line that is referenced above. Raygun software is being run from my desktop as an .exe file. ****ALERT**** DO NOT RUN THE RAYGUN.EXE from the desktop, it will not work! Found the problem!!! I now have Raygun as a shortcut! Thank you all kind sirs!

raygun2.png.bcdfcd3c0154e713b91a0a8221d806a2.pngwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

• Like 1

Great news well done:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i modified the Raygun.lua a littlebit:

-Add the F-14A

-Removed the 2. Light argument from the F-14 (causes sometimes problems, that the Master light not turn off after confirm the Caution because of the RIO pit sync )

-Corrected the naming of F-16

one problem still exists:

ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\WarLord\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-raygun.lua"]:35: attempt to index local 'lDevice' (a number value)

apears when changing planes in misson i think

DCS-raygun.lua

• 1 month later...

I’ve tried all of the above and can still not get the MC light to illuminate. Have tried un/reinstalling the device, using different USB ports, reloading ray gun and creating shortcut instead of trying to run .exe from desktop. The light briefly comes on when I plug in the usb so I know it’s not the hardware. This seems to be a nondescript driver issue. Have reach out to the BF contact multiple times but no response.

Anyone help please?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GhastlyTT said:

I bought 1 of these on the website recently and am waiting for shipping. Now browsing around, their Facebook, website, and even the account here look abandoned. Anyone purchased one recently? Should I request a refund through PayPal? Thanks.

As far as I know it´s a one-guy business so xmas time might be a busy one, even more this crazy year.

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 12:05 AM, CpAleks said:

I also ordered a UFC today. Wait for more information.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:05 AM, CpAleks said:

I also ordered a UFC today. Wait for more information.

When I placed my order I had no contact from the company then it just arrived after a few weeks.

19 minutes ago, CpAleks said:

My Order arrived today. 😄

Enjoy it, I have adapted to use it with warthog, hornet tomcat and viper

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Ala12Rv-Tundra:

Enjoy it, I have adapted to use it with warthog, hornet tomcat and viper

Thank you, 🙂 Do you know how to map the Keys COM1, COM2, COM STC, ECCM and IDM? It seems so that DCS don´t have this buttons for the A-10 UFC. The other buttons i can map but only this 5 not.

Edited by CpAleks

4 hours ago, CpAleks said:

Thank you, 🙂 Do you know how to map the Keys COM1, COM2, COM STC, ECCM and IDM? It seems so that DCS don´t have this buttons for the A-10 UFC. The other buttons i can map but only this 5 not.

At work right now but if memory serves right those functions are not in DCS so I just used them for other functions. 

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb mongo52:

At work right now but if memory serves right those functions are not in DCS so I just used them for other functions. 

Thanks mongo52. So today the first flight with this nice piece of Hardware. 😄

Edited by CpAleks

On 12/22/2020 at 10:19 AM, FastNeatAverage said:

I’ve tried all of the above and can still not get the MC light to illuminate. Have tried un/reinstalling the device, using different USB ports, reloading ray gun and creating shortcut instead of trying to run .exe from desktop. The light briefly comes on when I plug in the usb so I know it’s not the hardware. This seems to be a nondescript driver issue. Have reach out to the BF contact multiple times but no response.

Anyone help please?

Bumping this in hopes of gettins some assistance

On 1/28/2021 at 8:52 AM, BlackLibrary said:

entry.lua changed?

Entry.lua right order?

direct plug to PC no HUB?

image.png

Guessing you meant "export.lua". Here's what's in it.

DCS-raygun.lua and export.lua are in "Scripts" folder

Plugged UFC direct into the mobo.

Still can't get it to illuminate even directly through raygun. Keep getting the message shown

image.png

Edited by FastNeatAverage