F-18 Cold Start Throttle Issue

My throttle won't work in the Cold Start mission. It works fine in the Introduction and Basic Controls, but when entering the Cold Start mission, the throttle won't respond and I can't start the engine.

Edit:

Using HOTAS Warthog throttle. I remapped it several times.

Edited by jj_bravo

My throttle won't work in the Cold Start mission. It works fine in the Introduction and Basic Controls, but when entering the Cold Start mission, the throttle won't respond and I can't start the engine.

You need to use RALT+HOME to move the left throttle from OFF to IDLE and RSHIFT+HOME to move the right throttle from OFF to IDLE.

Work your way through the Cold Start tutorial mission, and it'll become more clear.

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Try to put them from idle to OFF, then back to idle. Works for me,

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Try to put them from idle to OFF, then back to idle. Works for me,

^ This. Have the same issue with A10, but if I move throttles from off to idle and back to off, then they will work next time I move them to idle. Otherwise they don’t register.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Glad I found this thread, I couldn't figure out what was going wrong on my cold starts!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Assign OFF/IDLE to the detent "jump", it registers as a button press.

Also almost getting lost in the cold start procedure.

I was just about to write a bug report again :lol::pilotfly::P

Awesome, great!

Edited by feiercrack

DCS: Black Shark 1 orig. DVD, Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, Combined Arms, A-10C, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy, WWII Assets Pack

RiG: i7 7700k@5GHz watercooled, 16GB DDR@4133MHz, Asus Maximus IX Apex, 2x 240GB M.2 SSDs @ RAID0, Asus ROG Strix 1070OC 8GB @1950MHz, 34" Asus Curved UWQHD 100Hz, 24"Samsung TFT, HTC Vive, 2x8" LCDs@TM CougarMFDs, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PCDash2, Belkin N52te Nostromo, Logitech G900, G910 + G933 Snow, TrackIR5

CS: Hawkeye