DCS F/A-18C Hornet Live Stream April 1st 9:00am MST

NineLine

There's 4 time zones in the U.S. I covered all of them

Thank you for your reply. I agree, there are four time zones being used in the contiguous United States: Pacific Time, Mountain Time, Central Time and Eastern Time.

But saying that, at the moment there are 7 time zones in effect including two Mountain Time zones being used: MST and MDT. MST is used by Arizona all year round because they do not change to daylight savings. This is 7 hours behind GMT; UTC; Zulu Time. The rest of the States on Mountain Time are on daylight savings time or MDT, which is 6 hours behind GMT; UTC; Zulu Time.

I'm sorry if you feel I am making things difficult but this is what I am presented with when I research time zones.

Being as you quoted MST, I naturally thought you would be transmitting from Arizona so therefore are 7 hours behind but then you quote 6 hours behind, which means you are on MDT and not in Arizona. I do not know the exact location of where you will be doing this live stream so how am I supposed to know the correct time difference?

I want to watch this live, to give 'Wags' and the whole of ED the support they deserve, as do many others. Yes, we can watch it as a recording afterwards but then what is the point of doing the live stream. If the information is not correct, then you will have many people complain about missing the live stream. DCS is the best simulation I have flown in to date and I treat it as a simulation, not a game. I own every module so I whole heartedly support ED and its achievements, including pre-purchase of the Hornet. This live stream is a big event for many of us.

Thank you for your reply. I agree, there are four time zones being used in the contiguous United States: Pacific Time, Mountain Time, Central Time and Eastern Time.

But saying that, at the moment there are 7 time zones in effect including two Mountain Time zones being used: MST and MDT. MST is used by Arizona all year round because they do not change to daylight savings. This is 7 hours behind GMT; UTC; Zulu Time. The rest of the States on Mountain Time are on daylight savings time or MDT, which is 6 hours behind GMT; UTC; Zulu Time.

I'm sorry if you feel I am making things difficult but this is what I am presented with when I research time zones.

Being as you quoted MST, I naturally thought you would be transmitting from Arizona so therefore are 7 hours behind but then you quote 6 hours behind, which means you are on MDT and not in Arizona. I do not know the exact location of where you will be doing this live stream so how am I supposed to know the correct time difference?

I want to watch this live, to give 'Wags' and the whole of ED the support they deserve, as do many others. Yes, we can watch it as a recording afterwards but then what is the point of doing the live stream. If the information is not correct, then you will have many people complain about missing the live stream. DCS is the best simulation I have flown in to date and I treat it as a simulation, not a game. I own every module so I whole heartedly support ED and its achievements, including pre-purchase of the Hornet. This live stream is a big event for many of us.

Is it really that hard to check the time difference yourself? 9:00am MST is pretty clear. There are many, many websites that can do the math for you...

Yes, but 3,000 people spending 5 minutes each googling and converting MST to local is 250 hours (1.5 weeks) of collective wasted time that would be saved by posting GMT by default.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Is it really that hard to check the time difference yourself? 9:00am MST is pretty clear. There are many, many websites that can do the math for you...

HAHAHA!! No, of course it is not hard. Doing the Math is the easy bit. MST is 7 hours behind GMT plus 1 hour for BST = 8 hours. Time for the show is 5pm. But I will be waiting from 4pm just in case. I already did the Math earlier in the thread but thanks for your very helpful reply. :thumbup:

DCS F/A-18C Hornet Live Stream April 1st 9:00am MST

Yes, but 3,000 people spending 5 minutes each googling and converting MST to local is 250 hours (1.5 weeks) of collective wasted time that would be saved by posting GMT by default.

It takes you 5 minutes to Google "900GST to (your timezone)"? Dang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Why is it listed at MST when we're now in daylight savings time?

Because Arizona doesn't do daylight savings.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Unfortunately won't be able to watch it live because I'll be at church with the family but can't wait to watch the replay on Wag's channel a couple of hours later!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Thanky you Vampire. Thats finally helps :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II