THE MOTION PICTURE THREAD

leafer

Oh wow. This is a fabulous surprise. If you like action movie then this is goooood. The plot is paper thin but it everything from dialog, pacing and action just felt right on. Especially the action.

John Wick (Keanu Reeves)

Also, saw Keanu Reeves in LA once, really nice guy.

The mobsters kill his dog and steal his car, for that he kills everyone of them. That´s not a paper thin plot, it´s just stupid.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mobsters kill his dog and steal his car, for that he kills everyone of them. That´s not a paper thin plot, it´s just stupid.

OMG, you just made me realize one of this thread's biggest omissions, a movie to which the above description is an almost perfect match!

130 grand have never led to so much trouble...

(Err, I meant 70 grand :D)

Let me also add some:

1. The life aquatic (basically all movies by Wes Anderson are more or less good)

2. An underrated movie imo :):

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Hi,

I've just watched this movie and enjoyed it a lot.

So, I just wanted to bring your attention to it and share it with you, hoping you will like it too.

Cheers

Laurius

As a side note for amateur photographers: Act of valor is shot almost entirely with a Canon 5d mkII. Amazing good for a DSLR.

Spoiler

@ Asparagin : Thanks for the info on how was shot Act of valor. That's crazy indeed !

Thanks also for sharing suggestions ! I watched 'The life Aquatic' today and loved it ! Watch it and you won't regret !

I also feel impatient to watch 'Tropic Thunder' !! It looks completly crazy, but nonetheless well made, so one has to simply take it like that and enjoy it.

Now, I just want to share this movie I've just been watching.

A crazy story in a crazy History, and I confirm, this movie is really worth to be seen.

(Warning : some graphic contents)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2614684/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Laurius

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Now, I just want to share this movie I've just been watching.

A crazy story in a crazy History, and I confirm, this movie is really worth to be seen.

(Warning : some graphic contents)

Laurius

What a coincidence. I just watched ´71 yesterday. It´s indeed a good movie. Very well done.

Spoiler

Red (2008)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0972883/

Red.jpg?rdrts=103495224

But the one below I find to be one of the best revenge movies I've seen. This is NOT a slasher. Not even close. Don't let the poster fool you.

http://www.imdb.com%2Ftitle%2Ftt1020530%2F

eden_lake.jpg

Edited by Bucic

Yes I'm a WW2 nutt :):thumbup:

Tora Tora Tora

Midway

Bridge on the river Kwai

Kelly's Heroes

Maybe you could help me out then. There are three scenes from at least 2 different movies in my head from back when I was 5 or so. Could you guess the titles? Most probably black and white.

1. Two kids. One has a flat circular mine tied to a thick stick. He throws himself with it under a vehicle. Looses his legs or dies.

2. A group of soldiers on a hill. They have limited time to dig foxholes in a dry ground, rocky/sandy... A soldier in a shallow foxhole gets a tank track on his head. Screams but lives.

3. A man with a machine gun watches something moving in the bushes some 30 meters away, a second man climbed a bit there, hiding. The first man spits a burst, the second man falls dead. The first man walks to the dead body. Head masacred.

(4. A man hunts a Japaneese submarine on a river.)

The fourth I've already identified:

Murphy's War (1971)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067458/

not really a move, but the TV series reboot and miniature models, landscape with CGI chracters instead of strings ( + a few other nice touches) ... they nailed it :) kudos (though not the original music was used )

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Funny fact:

Did you know that Actor Bill Paxton is the only one which have been killed by an Alien the Predator and the Terminator.

:)

EDIT:

I did find a Video about that.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Funny fact:

Did you know that Actor Bill Paxton is the only one which have been killed by an Alien the Predator and the Terminator.

:)

EDIT:

I did find a Video about that.

not to mention also killed by a torpedo :D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

My favourite all time movie is Godfather 1, 2, and 3 , followed by Heat (Big fan of Alpacino)

Movie where Kevin Spacey plays a cripple narrating a story to a cop from his behind (help!!!)

movie where there is a spaceship inside a funny mans body trying to get out

Ninja Turtles

richie rich (watched 20 times literally)

dunston checks in

home alone 1 2

the mask

you dont mess with the zohan

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Movie where Kevin Spacey plays a cripple narrating a story to a cop from his behind (help!!!)

Like Godzila said, The Usual Suspects. I just watched it some two weeks ago, amazing movie!

movie where there is a spaceship inside a funny mans body trying to get out

Should be Innerspace.

That reminds me...

The Big Easy

Now, let's combine "cop drama" and "Kevin Spacey" and we get another amazing movie:

L.A. Confidential

And Kevin Spacey leads me to one of the best movies ever:

The Life of David Gale

Only 'Old Men' are Going to Battle.

One of my favorite movies. It is too old and too soviet to have an official trailer, so here's an unofficial one:

But there is a

with english subs of unknown quality. Unfortunately, it is a colorized version while original one is black-and-white.

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

I'd have loved that movie if they wrote it with more balls and guns and none of that service men brotherly love, climbing the stacks of odds, just married and aww goo-goo ga-ga bang bang...

Sorry..here. have a laugh.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

__PnD1HWXSo

Always liked Val Kilmer

Real Genius

Z-DO3W-ICYk

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

• 5 months later...

Already mentioned on page 1, but I think it deserves more attention. :)

Memento

Easily one of the most intelligent movies I've seen. No surprise, seeing as Christopher Nolan wrote and directed it. ;)

Guy Pearce as "Leonard" is amazing, just like Joe Pantoliano as "Teddy", meeting Matrix co-star Carrie-Anne Moss who plays "Natalie". I can't recommend this movie enough.