UH-1H gauges mod

piXel496

What permissions do I need to change where??? I downloaded this MOD, extracted it to the desktop, its clear to me which files need to be dragged into the .zip file per the instructions provided, but they wont drag and drop?

I have changed all the access rights i could find for my hard rive, the Eagle Dynamics folder properties, I unticked "read only" it takes 15 seconds to change the attributes then it defaults back to read only? I even tried just changing the subfolder properties of the DCS Mods folder,, NO JOY! Grrrrr , gotta be something simple,, but what,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hi Fakum,

If I see your system specs. I imagine you have administrator rights on your pc. That makes your question hard to answer. So I PM you whith a link so you can download the whole modified UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip from my personal online space. 54mb. I remove it in a day though.

Hope It helps.

[edit] its the mil. version with the B&W horizon

Edited by piXel496

Thanks, you can close it down, I have downloaded it,, I will see if it works later,,, sure would like to know why I cant do it myself though,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hmmm,, interesting! When I use your file, the background does indeed change from black to dark grey, but the "Attitude Indicator" Stays Blck on the bottom and whaite at the top instead of changing to Orange on the bottom and blue on the top?

I think Im going to take Flagrums approach mentioned above and see what happens?

Also, has anyone used this with Generic Mod Enabler? I created the file structure for it but it does not take at all,, if you were successful, could you please take a screen shot of the file structure you have so I can see it, thanks

Ahh,, piXel496, I see now why the attitude indicator would not show up using your file,, its because you are not using the "UH1_pribors_c.tga" file that is in the subdirectory of the color theme file,, so all is well now! I actually used Flagrums approach and things went well,, maybe now i can get this to work in GME with that type of file structure,,,,

• 4 weeks later...

I would recommend making a new post for that as this thread is for the gauges

• 2 months later...

(re: Message #1)

I only used your clear glass mod and substituted yours for the original.

It works great.

Still works with the latest DCSW update as of today's date.

I saved the original file in a My Documents stash, just in case.

Thanks.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any chance of getting a grease marker dot for aiming on the windscreen?

Should be able to utilize a reference point and create a custom snap view to a joystick / controller button. That is what I have done with the other DCSW modules in my livery. Do a forums search for custom snap views using my username.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

This MOD only works on my 1.2 version, but does NOT on my 1.5 or 2.0 version. Has anyone been able to figure out what file needs editing to get it to work? Thanks

Thanks, I will give that a try,,, thanks again

Thanks Morpheus, that was it, I had to restructure the MOD files to:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Generic Mods\Huey Guages\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Textures\UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES

Now if I can only figure out how to fix Abnaxus Kneeboard MOD,, I will be all set,,, many thanks!

• 3 months later...

Updated for 1.5 and 2.0.

Now you can select the Customized Cockpit in the Options menu of the UH-1H and there is no need to reinstall after a DCS update.

05-05-2016 changes:

- Reduced original imagesizes more then 65%

- mipmapped gauges (.dds format)

- cleaned windshield

- Adjusted gauges "Lights on" appearance

How to install

1. Copy "vivid colors" and/or "vivid colors civilian" from the .zip into directory: 
  Drive:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Liveries\Cockpit_UH-1H\
2. In main menu DCS -> options -> special -> UH-1H, select a Customized Cockpit

download

:)

Edited by piXel496
If you have questions please ask :)

Thanks for the update,,,

thanks! ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello piXel496,

I imagine you are "mudspike".

I want to say many thanks (and added you to my signature!) for your excellent mod thumbup.gif

It has all I was looking for. I fear to say it is perfect in case one day I come with a suggestion. At this time the cockpit is so much more beautiful and legible! What is incredible is the "reduced original imagesizes more then 65%" while the rendering is definitely better!

PS: thanks also for the General Helicopter Operations mission and UH-1H Marines Search & Rescue skin that I will try soon. But I already feel that I will like them.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just tried this mod and it seems to work fine except for these missing textures. The same textures are missing from both versions.

I downloaded it twice, but got the same missing textures...

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

s5Mo47R.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Im sorry I cant help you Snacko, I am interested myself in reviving this Profile as I just started flying the Huey again last week. I will be following this for development.

I think it has to doo with the problem, that dcs does not axxept tr file ending .bmp.dds anymore.

I‘m not at my computer and do not own the huey, but I can check it later

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog