[REPORTED] Starter button = immediate 20% RPM; even without priming

Nealius

I noticed this in 2.5.3.21107. Previously the engine would crank 2-3 times, then pause for a second, crank 2-3 times, pause for a second, repeat until magnetos turned on/engine started.

Currently, pressing the starter button (or default HOME key) results in immediate 20% RPM, and immediate engine start. Engine can be started without doing any priming at all.

Track attached.

Reverting to 21106 does NOT resolve the issue. I guess the last time it worked properly was 20601 Update 9.

Edited by Nealius

I have observed the same behaviour, I hadn't tested the module in the previous DCS versions so I couldn't compare but it did seem very odd to see it start like that in 2.5.3.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 months later...

Seems to still be an issue. In YouTube videos back from release I see the behaviour with the engine cranking a few times before starting, but for me it just starts instantly even without priming and on a cold day. Starts no problem at idle throttle too, don't even need 1/3.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is still present.

Air on. Mags on. Touch the starter and she fires straight up. Very boring.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Me too. Shame, I used ti like the 'reticence' of the engine. Will it? Won't it?

Yes exactly.

Here is a track showing the bug again. In latest Open Beta.

Yak-52StartProblem.trk

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we at least get a "Reported" on this?

Proud owner of:

I've PM'd Nineline so hopefully he'll swing by and let us know whats going on. Hang tight Comrades!

Proud owner of:

Thanks Nineline! Good to see this stuff getting picked up. Yak is a great module, just needs some TLC :D

Proud owner of: