DCS last Update: Big problem !!!

I have only 2 3rd party modules, HOTAS profiles for them are fine, no changes. All other HOTAS profiles for ED planes are borked, F-18C, Ka-50, FC3 planes, A10C. What were we supposed to get exactly? I know the poll, asking what HOTAS we use. I voted there, why not. But did you actually try to impose your own profiles over my own? I haven't seen anywhere on the forums that you have asked if we would like that. Anyways, luckily I have saved my profiles before updating.

Edit: Overwriting these new profiles with old ones will not work. Have to bind everything manually now, again. Big thanks.

Edited by FistofZen

Am I special?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No - I am also going through a rebind (as well as having to work out why my cockpits are now so large that I cannot see the frame round the hud - but it does make the text very easy to read even if I cannot see straight ahead :helpsmilie:)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

KEYS SETUP BIG BUG !!

All keys on my keyboard and different modules have been changed and corrupted! Some keys are impossible to deliver huge problems and huge bug in the key configuration system !!

:mad:

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS last Update: Big problem !!!

All keys on my keyboard and different modules have been changed and corrupted! Some keys are impossible to deliver huge problems and huge bug in the key configuration system !!

:mad:

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i think i also am experiencing this

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

Same here and even after reassigning they appear red and are not functioning, also the keyboard command is not working for a few of them. For me its weapon selection and sensor select in the F18.

Edited by Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Admin Kirks-Hangar Multiplayer Server.

Keep calm and fly on!:pilotfly:

yeah...not even backed up profiles seem to be working..that's a big problem....rebinding all from scratch.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Same here.

F-15 is broken but I recreate my bindings.

F-18 too - I cannot change some bindings: trim up/down, weapon selector (aamram, sparrow, gun) which are red. I've checked and any button is assigned to that function (so duplicate is not existing).

I gave up and did not checked Harrier, A-10C, Gazzelle and Huey.

harrier seems fine to me, f18 is broken but i managed to fix

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

didn't test all modelus, but f18 and a10c seems to be fine.

with the exception that the auto start (windows key + home) now starts the auto start sequence but also start both engines (ctrl + Home and Alt+Home) at the same time, even before it turns the battery on...

The F/A-18C is the only one that I have checked early this morning after updating and before going to work. Not only were several of the key bindings reassigned, but it appears that the profiles for the stick and throttle that I had saved were also affected because reinstalling those did not fix the problem. Big bummer :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I played with 6 other people today.

We all have control issues after latest patch.

The f18c i think that about 15-20 buttons need to be reprogrammed.

( easy to spot, they have double keys bindings example before gun was button 1, now it s button 1 and 2.. Same goes with many ohter things where the programmed china hat commands now are on 2 other china hat controls ect ect. )

I also tried the huey, and if i remember correct a few things needed to be configured again.

And f18c radar stop or do not work at all sometimes.

The bugs have already been reported.

yea we had it too, it seems rudder and brake axis are corrupt. mine are sytec pro. toe brakes worked, but only straight, diff braking did not work. this happened with us all (3) we all seemed to have the same symptoms

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys. Had the same issue. The controls that are highlighted in red have more than one function assigned to that particular keybind. When the update ran, I guess it added some keybinds to your existing controls, so you need to go through your controls and delete the extra key assignments. Once you fix all the conflicts, close DCS and restart it and everything should work again. I know it's kind of a PITA fixing that stuff, especially if you (like me) have literally hundreds of custom keybinds, but at least you all know this issue can be fixed and that DCS isn't hard broke.

Same here. I'm more than irritated. I have ALL modules and most are dorked. Thanks ED! Thanks for deciding how I need to spend my time to get back to where I was. This destroys continuity in the game. Especially when my backups fail to resolve the problem. The end result is, we have to rebind and relearn aircraft because there is no way to remember all the bindings I used to have. This is why I created a backup. Who thought this was a good thing?

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

Same here. I'm more than irritated. Who thought this was a good thing?

Well said !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Ok rebinding all your controls not only does not fix it, its also a LOT of unnecessary work. A short bit of googling, and some sniffing around you'd have found these new "defaults" that get superimposed over your own, untouched, custom bindings. Get rid of those and no more problems.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Not sure if related (I'm running stable, not open beta) - but I'm missing ALL controls AND controllers. I don't have any controllers listed or any keybindings listed in any of the modules (A-10C, AJS-37...) - so they're just all empty. Weird thing is that all keybindings works as before, no problems there. But I can't add or change anything as there is ... nothing...

I also did moved the location of my DCS World to a SSD recently - so could be related to that too? Anyway, if anyone has any ideas - I would gladly hear them out.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Ok rebinding all your controls not only does not fix it, its also a LOT of unnecessary work. A short bit of googling, and some sniffing around you'd have found these new "defaults" that get superimposed over your own, untouched, custom bindings. Get rid of those and no more problems.

How to delete that 'defaults' binding?Thx