F-14 in game screenshots

Destroyer37

That took my breath away :D

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

NICE !!!! but whats with the Lantern Pod and GBU's, I thought the D variant was the only one to have this.

Are we getting the D aswell ?

Thats the B!

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Even "A" got Lantirn…;)

UMMM im sure it didnt, if im not mistaken the pod was was added after Desert storm in the D variant ( hence the cockpit and avionic upgrades )

During Operation Desert Storm of the Gulf War, most air-to-ground missions were left to A-7, A-6 Intruder and F/A-18 Hornet squadrons, while the F-14s focused on air defense operations.

Following Desert Storm, F-14As and F-14Bs underwent upgrades to avionics and cockpit displays to enable the use of precision munitions, enhance defensive systems, and apply structural improvements.

The new avionics were comparable with the F-14D; these upgraded aircraft were designated F-14A (Upgrade) and F-14B (Upgrade) respectively.

I may be wrong !

No matter tho im still really really looking forward to being a RIO :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I imagine the peeps at Heatblur are not exactly happy with ED now, and with good reason...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

NICE !!!! but whats with the Lantern Pod and GBU's, I thought the D variant was the only one to have this.

Are we getting the D aswell ?

All F-14 variants were upgraded with LANTIRN:

f14-photo-vf211-20l.jpg

It was a fleet wide upgrade irrespective of F-14 variant.

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

:surprise::shocking::worthy::wub:

Heatblur would you marry me ?:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Quickly reposting this shot here, cause damn... god damn :notworthy:

Pit_04.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

:thumbup: These screenshots are absolutely georgeous!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

These shots surpass my most optimistic projections of what I thought the finished product would look like.

I actually dismissed the images at first because I thought they were photos of real F-14s.

Well done, Heatblur.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

UMMM im sure it didnt, if im not mistaken the pod was was added after Desert storm in the D variant ( hence the cockpit and avionic upgrades )

During Operation Desert Storm of the Gulf War, most air-to-ground missions were left to A-7, A-6 Intruder and F/A-18 Hornet squadrons, while the F-14s focused on air defense operations.

Following Desert Storm, F-14As and F-14Bs underwent upgrades to avionics and cockpit displays to enable the use of precision munitions, enhance defensive systems, and apply structural improvements.

The new avionics were comparable with the F-14D; these upgraded aircraft were designated F-14A (Upgrade) and F-14B (Upgrade) respectively.

I may be wrong !

No matter tho im still really really looking forward to being a RIO :)

You are wrong. Starting around 1998, the A-variant utilized LANTIRN. Keep in mind, a large percentage of Tomcats in service even in the early-to-mid-2000s were still the A-variant. Most of the Pacific Fleet squadrons flew the F-14A, but they all dropped tons of precision-guided ordnance in Afghanistan and Iraq.

You are wrong. Starting around 1998, the A-variant utilized LANTIRN. Keep in mind, a large percentage of Tomcats in service even in the early-to-mid-2000s were still the A-variant. Most of the Pacific Fleet squadrons flew the F-14A, but they all dropped tons of precision-guided ordnance in Afghanistan and Iraq.

yer my bad, Sorry dude .

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Looks like ED took them down....Heres my Favorite!

Screen_181003_164636.thumb.jpg.bb168267476a37df564303269cc12e2d.jpg

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD