Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed!

WHOGX5

maybe you've missed it but URGRAMEDIA is working on israel-lebanon-syrian confllict MAP......just read a few pages back, it will include 20 airfields across these countries, incuding turkey, syria, lebano, jordania, israel etc etc...

this will be AWESOME!!!

And personally I will never buy vietnam or korea war ERA....I prefer cold war era or post cold-war era.

;)

Both the Vietnam and Korea war is included in the cold war era.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"why you say so?'"

Sorry, not interested in playing the "islamic taliban airforce".

My immersion capacities are not strong enough.

That Syrian map - You've got Russia, Turkey and the US already lined up and running the risk of starting a war (who knows which way Turkey will go...), the US have asked the Saudis to step in as their proxies & Iran wouldn't mind a land corridor through Syria.

Cheers.

maybe you've missed it but URGRAMEDIA is working on israel-lebanon-syrian confllict MAP......just read a few pages back, it will include 20 airfields across these countries, incuding turkey, syria, lebano, jordania, israel etc etc...

this will be AWESOME!!!

And personally I will never buy vietnam or korea war ERA....I prefer cold war era or post cold-war era.

;)

What is going to be awesome? 80% of the map is of areas, where until the Syrian Civil War, there were no conflicts at all.

I don't know that the US or Turkey for that matter ever had aircraft in a conflict over Syria before the SCW, so including Turkey on the map is meaningless for anything before the SCW.

Only a corner of Jordan is on the map, and only a small northern section of Israel... on a map that is supposed to represent conflicts in which Israel and Jordan were involved... over Syria? Which were those?

".. 20 airfields across these countries, incuding turkey, syria, lebano, jordania, israel etc etc..." What is "etc etc"?

I prefer cold war era or post cold-war era.

Well that includes everything from 1947 until today, so I guess you're not interested in those old WWI air battles over the Middle-East... :doh:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

That Syrian map - You've got Russia, Turkey and the US already lined up and running the risk of starting a war (who knows which way Turkey will go...), the US have asked the Saudis to step in as their proxies & Iran wouldn't mind a land corridor through Syria.

OMG!! Iran has transporter technology! to move troops from Iran, past Irak and Saudi Arabia into Syria :D

The ganja is not good for you man.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Only a corner of Jordan is on the map, and only a small northern section of Israel... on a map that is supposed to represent conflicts in which Israel and Jordan were involved... over Syria? Which were those?

Golan heights, War for the water, the Lebanon invasion... 1948, 1967, 1973 and 1982 wars, plus several skirmirshes in between those dates.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Thank you for making my point. 80% of the proposed map were not involved in those conflicts. HUGE portions of some of those conflicts took place south and west of the proposed map.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

OMG!! Iran has transporter technology! to move troops from Iran, past Irak and Saudi Arabia into Syria :D

Read some articles about SCW half of Syrian Gov. Troops consist Iranian proxies and Shiite militias.

Turkey always had issues with Syria after Baathists came in to power. Its not that hard to come across this situation in Internet and the fact that Incirlik AFB in Adana is an important NATO asset a Syrian map wouldn't be complete without it. From the pictures they are making a modern Syria not 20th century one. I hope you can stop derailing this topic and open up a new wishlist topic.

Thank you for making my point. 80% of the proposed map were not involved in those conflicts. HUGE portions of some of those conflicts took place south and west of the proposed map.

Those conflicts, took part in the posted map, of course Egypt was a battleground too, but both in 48, 67 and 73 will be well represented and of course the Lebanon invasion of 82 is full entire in the map. And Yes I will love to see the map expanded south too.

Read some articles about SCW half of Syrian Gov. Troops consist Iranian proxies and Shiite militias.

Turkey always had issues with Syria after Baathists came in to power. Its not that hard to come across this situation in Internet and the fact that Incirlik AFB in Adana is an important NATO asset a Syrian map wouldn't be complete without it. From the pictures they are making a modern Syria not 20th century one. I hope you can stop derailing this topic and open up a new wishlist topic.

The last I had hear, there were a couple thousand --I forget what they called it, freedom militia, fighters from Iran in Syria.

But I just reread you post, and I have to say, I misread ".. Iran wouldn't mind a land corridor through Syria." as '.. Iran wouldn't mind a land corridor to Syria', which has a completely different meaning. Sorry *red-face*.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Those conflicts, took part in the posted map, of course Egypt was a battleground too, but both in 48, 67 and 73 will be well represented and of course the Lebanon invasion of 82 is full entire in the map. And Yes I will love to see the map expanded south too.

"Those conflicts, took part in the posted map.."

Really? Show me on the proposed map the 5-June-1967 Israeli air raids on Egyptian airfields. I'll wait.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

"Those conflicts, took part in the posted map.."

Really? Show me on the proposed map the 5-June-1967 Israeli air raids on Egyptian airfields. I'll wait.

So, the 1967 war was only the raids on Egyptian airfields, right? Just search for 1967 war in Syrian front and stop talking no sense and demonstrating such a poor historical knowledge.

Edited by Stratos

Well that includes everything from 1947 until today, so I guess you're not interested in those old WWI air battles over the Middle-East... :doh:

The terminology seems to shift a bit in DCS/multiplayer... Cold War ends up being something like the 70's or maybe early 80's (Viggen-Tomcat-Mig21), modern day is 80s-90s, Vietnam, Korea... :confused: What are those? You mean some Low Intensity/COIN stuff?

Read https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3699300&postcount=1 for more context/analysis.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

:) Smoke less, read more ?

No teleporter* needed, just regional influence... Iraq have already said yes & Saudi Arabia is in a whole different part of the world:

attachment.php?attachmentid=201428&d=1546677084 map from theguardian.com

Background info:

Iran has changed the course of a land corridor that it aims to carve to the Mediterranean coast after officials in Iraq and Tehran feared a growing US military presence in north-eastern Syria had made its original path unviable.

The new corridor has been moved 140 miles south to avoid a buildup of US forces that has been assembled to fight Islamic State (Isis). It will now use the Isis-occupied town of Mayadin as a hub in eastern Syria, avoiding the Kurdish north-east, which had earlier been mooted by Iranian leaders as a crucial access route.

The changes have been ordered by Maj Gen Qassem Suleimani, commander of the Quds force, and Haidar al-Ameri, the leader of the Popular Mobilisation Front in Iraq, whose Shia-dominated forces have edged closer to the Iraqi town of Ba’aj, a key link in the planned route and where the Isis leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is known to have been based for much of the past three years.

Throughout the war with the terror group, and for several years earlier, Iran has been attempting to carve out areas of influence across Iraq and Syria that it and its proxies control. But as the project has taken shape, the evolving Syrian conflict has added new and unpredictable dimensions that have made securing such a corridor increasingly difficult.

The US buildup in north-eastern Syria has alarmed officials in Baghdad and Tehran. Senior Iraqi sources have told the Guardian that Iranian leaders believe the stepped-up presence aims to deter Tehran’s ambitions.

“In response they are doing all they can to make this corridor happen as quickly as they can,” said a senior Iraqi official.

That's why the US military are in that part of the world (to contain Iran), and why they're so freaked out about Trump's plans to withdraw - Syria reclaims the territory and Iran gets its land corridor for exports and imports (including perhaps supplies to those countries South of Damascus).

*You mean teleporter technology ? Pretty sure they really do have transporter technology. Trucks, trains, cars, all sorts of transporters...

705913988_Tehransroadtothesea(c.theguardian).JPG.c40437a63db6b955bf652a09f490d06f.JPG

Cheers.

So, the 1967 war was only the raids on Egyptian airfields, right? Just search for 1967 war in Syrian front and stop talking no sense and demonstrating such a poor historical knowledge.

So the '67 war was only over the Golan Heights?

It works both ways.

Difference is, the map I proposed would cover the ENTIRE conflict. The URGA proposed map, the one you are defending so vehemently, would not.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

The terminology seems to shift a bit in DCS/multiplayer... Cold War ends up being something like the 70's or maybe early 80's (Viggen-Tomcat-Mig21), modern day is 80s-90s, Vietnam, Korea... :confused: What are those? You mean some Low Intensity/COIN stuff?

Read https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3699300&postcount=1 for more context/analysis.

OGM that about WWI was meant satirically, which I thought was obvious after Goa said, he was only interested in cold-war and post-cold-war.

The cold-war period is a fairly well documented time-frame starting in '47 and ending with the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Cold-war = '47 - '91

Post-cold-war = '92 through present

If one uses known terminology to mean something else than what is commonly understood, than one should not be surprised, when being misunderstood.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

:) Smoke less, read more ?

No teleporter* needed, just regional influence... Iraq have already said yes & Saudi Arabia is in a whole different part of the world:

attachment.php?attachmentid=201428&d=1546677084 map from theguardian.com

Background info:

That's why the US military are in that part of the world (to contain Iran), and why they're so freaked out about Trump's plans to withdraw - Syria reclaims the territory and Iran gets its land corridor for exports and imports (including perhaps supplies to those countries South of Damascus).

*You mean teleporter technology ? Pretty sure they really do have transporter technology. Trucks, trains, cars, all sorts of transporters...

I have to say, that's the first I've read about that. Reading the original article in its entirety, the corridor is a trade route, which Iran wants to lessen the possibility of having all of its Persian Gulf trade routes being blockaded by the US and/or Saudi Arabia. So it refers to present day politics.

I've never tried to asses how close DCS can represent current military conflicts, but I am well aware of often stated limitations to produce even SFM AI aircraft, because necessary information being classified.

So IMHO arguing for a map made for moder-day conflicts doesn't make much sense.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

So the '67 war was only over the Golan Heights?

It works both ways.

Difference is, the map I proposed would cover the ENTIRE conflict. The URGA proposed map, the one you are defending so vehemently, would not.

Both conflicts, but not modern operations. That's what ED have in mind I think.

Where have most wars where western nations have participated, and even Russia as of late, taken place the past 30 years? The sand box with a detour to the Balkans. The Balkans would be nice, but I'll eat up Middle Eastern theatres like candy.

Edited by GrizzlyBear83