How to show JTAC target on TAD?

Abetterway

It’s a bug that has been reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Yeah, unfortunately the DCS JTAC has been broken for ages. After the 9-Line, the whole dialog just stops.

If it's unbroken at some point, just be aware that not all JTACs are equipped to send targets via datalink, so you may still have to punch in the coords yourself. If you're interested in the Mission Editor, in order to be able to send targets via datalink, JTAC units need to have "EPLRS" set to on.

In OB, it's sort of been working lately.

Managed to complete the 9-Line process four times with an AI JTAC just today including read back and contact. No target info appeared on the TAD though. The MGRS coordinates were all on the money though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Been doing A-10C Red Flag campaign this week using open beta build. Found when the JTAC is on FM frequency he sometimes doesn't respond to check ins. Fortunately I didn't care and just took out primary's described in briefings and still completed the missions. So although some things seem to be fixed in OB, other things seem to be broken.

Cool, that's good to know! Let's hope it's finally fixed.

It's far from fixed...

Location of fellow net members is not updating correctly (if at all) and you can't share SPI or messages.

Much remains to be done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, after flying the simple little test mission I made for the 5th or 6th time I did see a small red triangle that I was able to hook my cursor to on the TAD. I think my problem was/is is my 70 year old eyes just didn't see the darn thing. I am finding the A10C challenging but a ton of fun!

Wish I had an instructor to help me out though. Manual's and tutorial videos are great resources and I have watched many, but there is nothing like interacting with someone in real time.

Well, after flying the simple little test mission I made for the 5th or 6th time I did see a small red triangle that I was able to hook my cursor to on the TAD. I think my problem was/is is my 70 year old eyes just didn't see the darn thing. I am finding the A10C challenging but a ton of fun!

Wish I had an instructor to help me out though. Manual's and tutorial videos are great resources and I have watched many, but there is nothing like interacting with someone in real time.

One tip for the TAD: Change your display to EXP 1 via China Hat Forward Short and zoom to a level where your primary and secondary target waypoints are displayed. It can really help your SA because the map anchors in NORTH UP orientation and things won't go in circles around you.

Turning the map off completely can also help declutter the display making it easier to see the data link from the JTAC and other targets being shared by other assets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

One tip for the TAD: Change your display to EXP 1 via China Hat Forward Short and zoom to a level where your primary and secondary target waypoints are displayed. It can really help your SA because the map anchors in NORTH UP orientation and things won't go in circles around you.

Turning the map off completely can also help declutter the display making it easier to see the data link from the JTAC and other targets being shared by other assets.

Sometimes I do that, too. But even without that EXP mode, you have a little triangle on the circle showing to north.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Yeah, Enhanced Position Location Reporting System (lol, position location) is a possible function of the Situation Awareness Data Link. Some units can send data and others can't. It's a good hint that it can when it can and does show its position over data link.

• 2 weeks later...

Hay Guys,

a bit off, but how can I pick the most recent JTAC target triangle, when earlier there were several within the same tight TAD area, and when a new one arrives, ALL triangles are blinking, even previous ones. It is actually the Maple Flag TTQ JTAC mission I'm having a bit of this problem with...

Thanks...

Blinking means that you didn't accept or reject it. It's flashing to prompt you to do something. Every time you get a new tasking object you will be prompted WILCO/CNCO on the TAD page. Select WILCO to accept each new tasking.

When done with a tasking select it and delete if it might interfere with your next.

Blinking means that you didn't accept or reject it. It's flashing to prompt you to do something. Every time you get a new tasking object you will be prompted WILCO/CNCO on the TAD page. Select WILCO to accept each new tasking.

When done with a tasking select it and delete if it might interfere with your next.

Thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure I acknowledged all of them on TAD when recieving. But I didn't delete the messages from the message screen afterwards. Is that what I should do? Just because I'm not sure the triangles can be deleted from TAD af all...

Thanks