DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

2 hours ago, Beamscanner said:

I made a post in this thread a few weeks ago about the Az/El page missing some features. It appears my post was removed. 

Im curious if ED can confirm if the Az/El page will receive additional data, such as RWR, Jammers and Datalink in a future update? Thanks

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/258808-azel-cit-fov-limits/?do=findComment&comment=4541719

On 2/1/2021 at 11:11 PM, Beamscanner said:

I made a post in this thread a few weeks ago about the Az/El page missing some features. It appears my post was removed. 

Im curious if ED can confirm if the Az/El page will receive additional data, such as RWR, Jammers and Datalink in a future update? Thanks

Jamming AOTs do show in az/el atm. I reported the missing RWR, L16 F/F and SURV tracks before az/el was released... so I suppose you can consider it reported.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:11 AM, Beamscanner said:

+1 . It’s weird all these features are still missing and in the original post it’s marked as feature complete!

On 2/2/2021 at 5:11 AM, Beamscanner said:

I'd also like to hear an update on this.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

6 hours ago, randomTOTEN said:

Do USN/USMC Hornets not carry Smoke, Practice, or Illumination rockets?

Others are interested in this as well, easily found this post in the wishlist section, i'm sure there are more posts asking about it. Sadly no response yet.

Hydra 70 Warheads - Wish List - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

I'm looking forward for the TALD

• Like 2

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/14/2021 at 4:45 AM, hanab said:

Hi, it has been several months since I played the hornet.  Has anyone from ED updated Kate's first post?  Is there a road map for 2021?  what feature is finished or still in wip ?  thank you

Agreed, given the goals for 2020 have been broadly missed and features marked as completed are in fact far from complete, or simply wrongly implemented, a new status report and plan for this year would be indeed much appreciated. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

Agreed, given the goals for 2020 have been broadly missed and features marked as completed are in fact far from complete, or simply wrongly implemented, a new status report and plan for this year would be indeed much appreciated. 

The lack of it is creating more confusion than if the OP didn't even exist.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Since it's not mentioned in the roadmap, alongside other upcoming A/A radar features, I'd like to ask when bump acquisition (current STT rejection and exclusion for x seconds) is expected for ACM modes (2 second reject) and AACQ/FACQ (10 second reject).

Similarly, VS and PVU modes are not mentioned anywhere. I assume PVU is coming with the full the INS simulation, what about VS?

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

11 minutes ago, Harker said:

Since it's not mentioned in the roadmap, alongside other upcoming A/A radar features, I'd like to ask when bump acquisition (current STT rejection and exclusion for x seconds) is expected for ACM modes (2 second reject) and AACQ/FACQ (10 second reject).

Similarly, VS and PVU modes are not mentioned anywhere. I assume PVU is coming with the full the INS simulation, what about VS?

Don't expect an answer about F18c development from ED.  History shows us that they are incapable of following a road map or even making one.  That's probably why they prefers to ignore us ...

Edited by hanab
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hanab said:

Don't expect an answer about F18c development from ED.  History shows us that they are incapable of following a road map or even making one.  That's probably why they prefers to ignore us ...

I'd guess people like you are the main reason they might prefer not answering the community. Is F18 perfect, no. Is DCS perfect no. Are they making significant progress ? Yes, we saw a huge push on F18 lately. Does that allow people to do back-seat management of a company nor the right to be salty cause that's not the way they would like it to be ? Plain answer is no. I mean, they are humans, they have limited ressources, they are also limited by alot of ITAR regulated items, classification, and on top of that,there is the salty people who complain and over estimate their "right to be answered when they ask for". 

Give it time, it's all they need.

Edited by hotrod525
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, hotrod525 said:

I'd guess people like you are the main reason they might prefer not answering the community. Is F18 perfect, no. Is DCS perfect no. Are they making significant progress ? Yes, we saw a huge push on F18 lately. Does that allow people to do back-seat management of a company nor the right to be salty cause that's not the way they would like it to be ? Plain answer is no. I mean, they are humans, they have limited ressources, they are also limited by alot of ITAR regulated items, classification, and on top of that,there is the salty people who complain and over estimate their "right to be answered when they ask for". 

Give it time, it's all they need.

look my first post, all i was asking is where the hornet was after i stopped for 6 months.  Is it difficult to update a roadmap like most video game developers do?  

Edited by hanab
  • Like 1

So wags posted a mini update with a huge task list. A tremendous amount of work.

Sad to see that the MSI+LWTS simulation will continue to be broken.

I keep opening threads in hope to see it mentioned as a fix.

There are many useless things they are working on while they could be fixing big major bugs.

Coupled autopilot???? Jesus christ... do we really want that before being able to fly with the MSI in LTWS working?

Who decides priorities in ED? I'm shocked tbh.

Edited by Joni
  • Like 5

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

16 minutes ago, Joni said:

So wags posted a mini update with a huge task list. A tremendous amount of work.

There are many useless things they are working on while they could be fixing big major bugs.

Coupled autopilot???? Jesus christ... do we really want that before being able to fly with the MSI in LTWS working?

from Wags’ post:

“In parallel, we are also addressing many bugs and needed and adjustments. We are reading all your valuable feedback. Thank you!”

from my reading of it, the list (which looks awesome IMO) is just the “new” features, not the bug fixes.

The one thing I’m really looking forward to seeing which I haven’t seen mentioned yet is getting offset functionality working, I really like using waypoint offsets in the A-10 and AV-8B, make CAS a lot easier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Look at the changelogs ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.6.61527/ ) and Hornet Mini Updates thread ( https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/165047-hornet-mini-updates )where all this is documented since you left 6 months ago.

It isn't that hard to find...

On 2/17/2021 at 4:03 AM, hanab said:

look my first post, all i was asking is where the hornet was after i stopped for 6 months.  Is it difficult to update a roadmap like most video game developers do?

• Thanks 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• ED Team
16 hours ago, Joni said:

As mentioned above by Shiroka  who read the whole post 

“In parallel, we are also addressing many bugs and needed and adjustments. We are reading all your valuable feedback. Thank you!”

I know you find it difficult to stay positive some times, and you dont have the full picture or knowledge of the inside workings of the project so you have no way of knowing about priorities and the decisions we make. The team on the other hand does have a full understanding and are in the best place to make those calls.

thanks

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6小时前,BIGNEWY说:

As mentioned above by Shiroka  who read the whole post 

I know you find it difficult to stay positive some times, and you dont have the full picture or knowledge of the inside workings of the project so you have no way of knowing about priorities and the decisions we make. The team on the other hand does have a full understanding and are in the best place to make those calls.

thanks

WILL someone update the roadmap of hornet?

• Thanks 2

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

• ED Team
8 hours ago, flankerjun said:

WILL someone update the roadmap of hornet?

The focus now is to get the hornet our of early access and into product sustainment 

Wags has posted the next planned changes in the mini update https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/165047-hornet-mini-updates/?do=findComment&comment=4575378 

No plans to create a new roadmap yet, lets see where we are after the next few patches, we may do another if we need to. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

In the weekend news there is no mention of the  ''Updated flight model, FCS, and drag values'', that was included in wag's hornet mini update. So are there the flight model changes planned for the next open beta update or not?

Edited by jaguara5
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 8:30 PM, jaguara5 said:

In the weekend news there is no mention of the  ''Updated flight model, FCS, and drag values'', that was included in wag's hornet mini update. So are there the flight model changes planned for the next open beta update or not?

+ 1

I too have noticed this lack. I didn't want to appear too pushy, but I would expect more regard for FM rather than weapons. It is true that DCS is a combat simulator, but the weapons exist by virtue of the aircraft (in this case) that load and use them. As defined in the F/A-18C Hornet Roadmap features (June 2, 2020), the FM update includes Update flight model for ground effect, takeoff pitch effects, auto-pilot based on FPM, touch and go handling, and other remaining flight model issues. I also look forward to the closely related carrier "Burble" effect.

Thanks.

• Like 5

Also something missing was the data cartridges for the Hornet that we're supposed to get. Are those still part of the release plan for the Hornet or has that been scrapped? Without them, anything other than CM Override is pretty useless in the Hornet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!