Correct comms for Super Carriers.

Cpt Cuckoo

What is the correct communication procedure with ATC when landing?

A couple of times after landing on the carrier ATC and Ground Crew refuse to acknowledge that I want refueling & arming or to use the cat. .....and the crew won't even hook me up to the cat. So I have to drive to the back of the boat and begin takeoff from there without the cat..... and usually run over a few yellow-shirts while doing it.

And sometimes it refuses to grade my landing because I didn't like the comms I used, it tells me. However, it doesn't seem to me that I use the comms any different each time.

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo

What aircraft are you in? In the F-14 you have to have ICS set to hot-mic to talk to the ground crew, or the canopy open.

I've also heard others say that in you're attempting to launch a second time you have to 'Request Launch' from the ground crew menu. I haven't tested this myself yet.

What aircraft are you in? In the F-14 you have to have ICS set to hot-mic to talk to the ground crew, or the canopy open.

I've also heard others say that in you're attempting to launch a second time you have to 'Request Launch' from the ground crew menu. I haven't tested this myself yet.

I am in the F-18. I tried with the canopy open all ready. But I need to know what the correct comms are when on approach to land or they wont score my landing.

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo

You need to make sure radios are correctly tuned, use the correct comms button ( see briefing) and it should work OK. Which mission? And presume you are using menu comms rather than VA?

You need to "request launch" to get a go on the cat after landing.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

You need to make sure radios are correctly tuned, use the correct comms button ( see briefing) and it should work OK. Which mission? And presume you are using menu comms rather than VA?

You need to "request launch" to get a go on the cat after landing.

It's a mission I built to fly on. I can use easy radios if I want. I'm on deck right now half hooked up to the cat with the yellow shirts fussing under the aircraft. But I don't have any yellow shirts in front of me

as if I am ready to actually launch. I dont think they can connect me to the cat but the blowback board is up behind me. Can't salute either.

Ive been sitting here so long the sun has set and it will be a night flight and a case 3 recovery.. It wasn't supposed to be. Lucky I programmed the mission with a full moon. It just came up.

OK I just figured it out. I had to gun the engines until the launch bar clicked in properly. Now they are signaling me I can rev the engines. ...I'll salute and go.

Thanks!

So you didn’t follow their directions? I mean... lol

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

So you didn’t follow their directions? I mean... lol

Strangely enough the devs have made this so that one actually can't see all of their directions from the cockpit. Particularly the one when the yellowshirt is under your aircraft and at night.

And there are also a number of other, what appear to be, bugs in the system..... problems with radio freq not staying put, or even turning on.

Also located in

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\tech\Supercarrier\Doc or wherever your DCS is installed. Every module follows this convention, core documents are here C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Doc

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

The reason it wasn't on my PC is because I was looking on the PC which does not have the Super Carrier on it. The wrong Pc. lol! Im in the middle of switching PCs.

Anyway, Ive now read the manual and it hasn't helped me concerning comms one tiny bit. Comms for the Super Carriers remain elusive.

The reason it wasn't on my PC is because I was looking on the PC which does not have the Super Carrier on it. The wrong Pc. lol! Im in the middle of switching PCs.

Anyway, Ive now read the manual and it hasn't helped me concerning comms one tiny bit. Comms for the Super Carriers remain elusive.

For Case 1, there is a fair amount of text that describes the communications and when they should take place.

For Case 2 and Case 3, the respective diagrams include indications of when to make the various calls over ATC.

Maybe take another look

on the subject of correct comms, when in the case three apoprach and it says push button 15 , e.g. select channel 15 is that actually modeled, or is it just the generic freq for the carrier that we ware meant to use?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg