F-15C Radar after last update (supercarrier )+fix

303_Vins

F-15C Radar is not able to acquire contacts ia any PRF at distance more than

50 Nm now.

When contact/bogey is cold, thereis no ability to acquire any contact at any PRF even when i got TALLY.

BVR mode not able to acquire. AACQ also. WHAT IS GOING ON /!!!

I`m enthusiast of this aircraft. I got huge SQN flying F-15.

We are frustrated. Can not apply proper BVR tactics now !!!!!

Now F-15 is MiG-23 Like with its radar.

WORSE. When TGT acquired at 50 Nm. Radar is not able to lock STT until distance 35=37 NM. This is MAR. Minimum Abort Range at HI speed & Alt.

U waste F-15. People. TY.

Edited by 303_Vins
  • Like 1

This sounds like how the F-15 radar has always been. Short range and slow to AAQ (though no impossible).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

You could never STT other fighters outside roughly 40 nm. Not that there is any point in doing that.

Cold fighters are and have been essentially invisible outside 25-30 nm atleast since FC3 but probably even well before that. In the last few years there were some weird changes where beaming higher altitude contacts could show up significantly further (mostly bigger aircraft), but that's it.

If you're considering 30 nm+ as MAR then you have a lot of homework to do on your tactics. Even in a scenario where you're head to head both M2.0 flying straight towards each other, MAR will be significantly less than that.

LoL. Homework with tactics? What about U? I done my Homework well.

I know every one missile by altitude, platform velocity, VC paremeters. All in Numbers. TTI, In HOT and Crank config. IN SECONDS!!

That was really funny. Ignorant.

Probably U do not fly much, Probably U do not know F-15 Use doctrine, Certainly U do not know much. Probably U do not fly fast 1,5 Ma and more at ALT> 45 kft.

My post is not for discusion like StupdSmart.

I see significant loss of ability after last update. Thats all.

PLS check data and parameters before u write Your shit.

And please Read again...

Ofcourse I do not Use STT proper at Hi dst. I use PDT&SDT in TWS mode. Reasons are logic. I wrote F-15C radar lst time is not able to lock TGT at DST more than 35-37 Nm.

What U didn`t andrestood?

Edited by 303_Vins

You could never STT other fighters outside roughly 40 nm. Not that there is any point in doing that.

Yet it's exactly what an eagle driver would do if he wanted to sample the target IRL, at least AFAIK.

In the last few years there were some weird changes where beaming higher altitude contacts could show up significantly further (mostly bigger aircraft), but that's it.

There's nothing weird about this ... barn door RCS :)

If you're considering 30 nm+ as MAR then you have a lot of homework to do on your tactics. Even in a scenario where you're head to head both M2.0 flying straight towards each other, MAR will be significantly less than that.

When running more 'close to reality' scenarios with HFF targets involved, this is actually inadequate.

So, while you may well be correct about public server stuff, what you just said is basically not applicable to curated scenarios.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yet it's exactly what an eagle driver would do if he wanted to sample the target IRL, at least AFAIK.

This is irrelevant to DCS. You are not updating radar and EW software in here. :)

There's nothing weird about this ... barn door RCS :)

Yeah, but in old times it did not work like this as I recall. Some years ago especially big aircraft started appearing much further than normal even when beaming.

When running more 'close to reality' scenarios with HFF targets involved, this is actually inadequate.

So, while you may well be correct about public server stuff, what you just said is basically not applicable to curated scenarios.

Not really. If you have a hard deck of 35 000 ft or higher and you're flying at M0.6 you might have a kinematic abort range of 30 nm, but that scenario is not any more realistic than flying around in afterburners at M2.6.

The only real limiting factor is your hard deck. If you have a hard deck of 20-25 kft then you have to seriously rethink your gameplan because the missiles will retain a lot more energy than your usual "hit the deck" setups.

Back to the original point though, 35+ mile kinematic abort range is significantly overdefending any threat. If you're in a combat area you should be atleast M0.8 which will be somewhere around 25 miles where you really have to turn and run, even if you must maintain 30 kft. This is assuming a slightly supersonic bandit lofting 120C.

However OP is describing they are flying in high supersonic speeds above 40 kft. Doing this you can get away pushing potentially even up to 20 miles or closer even if you have a hard deck of 30 kft simply because you will remain supersonic throughout all of your flight and will be extending M1.5+ ignoring most of the problems of high altitude flight by simply having a shitload of airspeed.

I'm not considering any scenario where you're flying straight into a lofted 120C from 40 miles at M1.5 and expect to stay alive by the time you hit 20 mile range because this is just straight up silly :)

LoL. Homework with tactics? What about U? I done my Homework well.

I know every one missile by altitude, platform velocity, VC paremeters. All in Numbers. TTI, In HOT and Crank config. IN SECONDS!!

That was really funny. Ignorant.

Probably U do not fly much, Probably U do not know F-15 Use doctrine, Certainly U do not know much. Probably U do not fly fast 1,5 Ma and more at ALT> 45 kft.

My post is not for discusion like StupdSmart.

I see significant loss of ability after last update. Thats all.

PLS check data and parameters before u write Your shit.

And please Read again...

Ofcourse I do not Use STT proper at Hi dst. I use PDT&SDT in TWS mode. Reasons are logic. I wrote F-15C radar lst time is not able to lock TGT at DST more than 35-37 Nm.

What U didn`t andrestood?

Interesting, I gave a friendly hint that your tactics could use a bit more sharpening and you choose to use various personal attacks.

In terms of my experience. Let's say I've been a member of one of the most successful PvP squadrons for ~6 years now that has operated almost exclusively in Eagles until this year. Competing in various tournaments throughout the years, sometimes even using these high and fast tactics as you described as "unknown to me" to counter opponent tactics.

Despite your above tone to me, I took the time to jump in a short mission to test some basic scenarios against AI F-15C. Here are some pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/cw05Jim

So far this confirms to me that there is absolutely no change.

- Detecting head on F-15C at 60 nm in RWS, able to TWS bug immediately and able to STT shortly after around 53 nm. This is all in HPRF. Other modes will suffer in long range detection.

- Beaming target visible around ~23-25 nm in MPRF and also shortly after TWS buggable, needs a couple miles closer to be able to STT. Beaming targets with altitude advantage can be seen further, typically using HPRF.

- Cold aspect shows up around 20 miles in tail chase, however need to be a bit closer to be able to STT.

This completely falls in line with how this worked since 2013 and before. I do not claim my test covers a broad spectrum, there may be some scenarios or aircraft where there could be a problem, but since you are the one complaining here about a supposed "bug", you need to provide some proof about what you believe to be wrong. So far I see nothing out of order.

@Blaze

He is considering scenario where M2.0 and high altitude F-15C is fighting against an M2.0 fighter at high altitude. In that case it's probably not possible to escape 20nm shoot with a level defensive maneuver.

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

I get it. But there is no chance you have to turn at 35 miles in that scenario. If you do a level turn at 40 kft from M2.0 you will be M1.4+ most likely exiting and you will continue to regain speed very quickly. At the same time there is no reason to not drop to 30 kft and there is no scenario where you have hard deck above 30 kft. Most SAMs that put you on a hard deck have a limit of 25 - 30 kft and you dont have 10 kft highlands in general areas in any DCS map. Any higher caliber SAM you simply cant overfly so harddeck is irrelevant.

Lofted shots are the most lethal against high & slow bandits. Anyone high & fast still has to be careful, especially up close you can be killed regardless of how fast you are running away if you stay high.

@Blaze

He is considering scenario where M2.0 and high altitude F-15C is fighting against an M2.0 fighter at high altitude. In that case it's probably not possible to escape 20nm shoot with a level defensive maneuver.

You're right.

My bandit might not even be really able to shoot back - maybe I need to deal with a suicide 8-16 MiG-21 rush against my AWACS who are splitting up or otherwise trying to brute force the issue, and they're doing a Mach 2 no-return run.

Or maybe it's MiG-25's or 31's at 65000' and ~M3.

The point is, the APG-63 is very powerful and enables intercepts and management of those intercepts, especially in the absence of AWACS/Battlefield management which is non-existent in DCS.

When running 80's types scenarios and sloooow AIM-7s, it's also useful to have a more realistic detection and lock range vs. expected targets - and shooting at long range vs. a high speed raid is something that you really need to be able to do in order to manage it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Comrade. 0.8 Ma at 45 kft is not CBT speed. Fly fast & Hi to win.

We do not talk about Liner or saunter parameters.

I know I can fly F-15 for almost 3 hours semi Saunter semi Liner. To keep some energy to begin CBT parameters, To Be superiority Fighter we do not fly 0.8 Ma when in CBT Area. Thats For F-18 or Viper. For example. U are on CAP. U know Iraqui forces have F-14 with phoenix and JF-17 With SD-10.

Are You really wanna fly 0.8 MA ? at 25 kft? LoL, LoL.

In this Case Your only tactics is RUN AWAY.

That is not role for F-15C.

GO in cockpit, fly against Decent People iN F-14 & JEFFREY. Than rethink. Not MiG-21, Not AI old era planes. Modern planes, Decent adversary, modern missiles.

I dont know. May be I should repair Files?

I have produced my own FPAS tabbel. I know exactly my play time. CAP vs CBT there is not any match for FFL and PLayTime. When U begin fight U press all Your Energy to win and survive. In combat the only way is to win or run away. U`ll die if U stupid

Edited by 303_Vins

GO in cockpit, fly against Decent People iN F-14 & JEFFREY.

"Jeffrey" ? what's that? (Tharos, did you send Chizh the data again? He asked for it again in your linked thread)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Chizh has the data and acknowledged receiving it.
awesome.

Jeffrey = Jeff = JF-17.
ah, was just surprised that he wrote it in all caps.
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence