Top Gun Round 2 Tournament Results, Tacview Files and Tracks

Stuge

Guys just out of curiosity, are you positive we can finish the whole event this coming weekend? Given the proven difficulty from last weekend ... I think it's really asking much from some to fly 4 matches on the trot till potentially 6 am, then same thing again for doubles next day.... I'd suggest maybe stretching it out for another week?

Just a thought...

Sent from mobile Android via Tapatalk

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

That would mean we had to have spectators in each round. I'm not sure the players would like that. I support publishing the tracks just right after the match.

You are probably right. Just thought having one guy who spectates and streams it. This would be the right step to push such events more into the e-sports scene.= more support and more ppl

I actually dislike publishing tacviews right after the matches. This might give certain ppl a possible advantage over others ( e.g. ppl who get walk-overs).

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП

You are probably right. Just thought having one guy who spectates and streams it. This would be the right step to push such events more into the e-sports scene.= more support and more ppl

I actually dislike publishing tacviews right after the matches. This might give certain ppl a possible advantage over others ( e.g. ppl who get walk-overs).

I understand your point, but I think it's a small price to pay for openness.

Then again, if Tacview files were considered "classified information" before the tournament has ended, how could you justify streaming? :)

Guys just out of curiosity, are you positive we can finish the whole event this coming weekend? Given the proven difficulty from last weekend ... I think it's really asking much from some to fly 4 matches on the trot till potentially 6 am, then same thing again for doubles next day.... I'd suggest maybe stretching it out for another week?

Just a thought...

Sent from mobile Android via Tapatalk

Only two guys will have to fly 4 matches on Saturday and the reward of being the champion or the runner up seems to be worth the extra flight time doesnt it :)

It's single knock out so most folks will fly one or two matches at most even less on Sunday in 2v2.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

I understand your point, but I think it's a small price to pay for openness.

Then again, if Tacview files were considered "classified information" before the tournament has ended, how could you justify streaming? :)

How can u justify publishing tacviews right after the matches but being against streaming? ;). Isn't this the same ? :P

I think you can get much less information out of a stream which shows aircraft in F2/F5 view with a 3-5min delay than watching a tac-file.

I'm not againt publishing tacviews during the tournament at all, I just want to have a fair tournament for all ppl. And IMO it's somehow unfair when ppl can't watch tracks of their opposite bracket opponents cuz they've got walk-overs.

Anyway that's just my opinion :).

How can u justify publishing tacviews right after the matches but being against streaming? ;). Isn't this the same ? :P

I think you can get much less information out of a stream which shows aircraft in F2/F5 view with a 3-5min delay than watching a tac-file.

I'm not againt publishing tacviews during the tournament at all, I just want to have a fair tournament for all ppl. And IMO it's somehow unfair when ppl can't watch tracks of their opposite bracket opponents cuz they've got walk-overs.

Anyway that's just my opinion :).

Actually I'm 100% for streaming. (did I claim otherwise? :)) But I cannot do it myself, my internet is not good enough to even consider such thing and my monitor is 4:3 aspect CRT so the resolution wouldn't be compatible for such thing either :)

F2 and F5 are disabled so the spectator floating camera(which currently cannot be disabled) could be used for that. Then it would only take volunteers to do it and approval from SA.

• Like 1

Actually I'm 100% for streaming. (did I claim otherwise? :)) But I cannot do it myself, my internet is not good enough to even consider such thing and my monitor is 4:3 aspect CRT so the resolution wouldn't be compatible for such thing either :)

F2 and F5 are disabled so the spectator floating camera(which currently cannot be disabled) could be used for that. Then it would only take volunteers to do it and approval from SA.

Yeah, I thought about the same: If it's even possible that only certain ppl like admins or groups can use the F2/F5 view. I dont know much about DCS server/console stuff but I'm afraid it might not possible. :(

I would stream If I could. Unfortenately I have pretty bad internet too... :cry::cry:

I just want to know where I place my bets.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I have a good 4K streaming system up running so I could host it all but I don't believe all players will say yes to this. If Flankorator get yes from all the remaining matches and Stuge add a commander spot in the mission I can take the job to stream some of the matches. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I have a good 4K streaming system up running so I could host it all but I don't believe all players will say yes to this. If Flankorator get yes from all the remaining matches and Stuge add a commander spot in the mission I can take the job to stream some of the matches. :thumbup:

Sounds good, let's wait to see what Flank has to say about this and if it's green light then let's make it happen!

Perfect. That's nice! :thumbup:

Great, a delay of 30 seconds should be enough here as the players will not be in same position for long. Any information on heading, speed and location will be obsolete after just a couple of seconds and turn in to disinformation. This delay is absolutely doable. I will go ahead and plan for a streaming service.

To all participants still in, please update your 1.5 to the latest version here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2564015&postcount=9

It seems that some have not noticed that they should not update if any new version comes out in the middle of the competition so they have already updated.

So we went testing it to see if the mission still works fine and fortunately it does, so since updating is more straightforward than switching back to an older version, it is more practical to just ask everyone to update to the latest version.

See you all tomorrow for the last day of 1v1, may the best pilot win!

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

There are acmis missing from four matches. Matches 2 and 6 from 2vs2 draw and matches 38, 45 from 1vs1 draw. I suppose it's fair not to publish 1vs1 match 50 acmi until tomorrow.

Bushmanni, check my last link in the beginning of this thread (104th server). I could swear at least match 45 is there... and has been before you mentioned this :P

It's further in the bracket. Rest of the pilots fighting tomorrow at the same bracket level will have very little time to analyze the acmis of the pilots they are going to face. Not a big issue, but for some it might be meaningful.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron