104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

Very diplomatic.

Anyhow...onto diffrent waters....air if you like :)

Since I fly the KA50 again I would like the option to spawn at a FAARP after certain waypoints have been cleared. In a fixed wing the distance isnt a real issue but in a chopper it is. Even so if the elavation of the terrain is high.

Also it would be great if helos could go A-A aginst each other. This is the most difficult request to cater for so Im more then happy to come up with ideas.

But here is 3

After bravo has been cleared the KAs at start get deactivated and spawn is activated at the faarp.

Make the faarp indistructible so those who wont read the briefing cant destroy it.

Establish a opfor faarp with only 2 units to harras enemy helicopters. They might even get lucky and take down a hog or a frog ;)

Edited by SFAL

_tn_2.1.537761802_JPWu1GP2EeOQHwALXav2Ew_AF--621x414.jpg

After our week long test we have decided to reintroduce the Mig21 into the Dedicated Server.

Our results initially showed that the server ran much more stable without the aircraft included.

As I've already mentioned our server crashed once between Monday and Friday, showing signs that there were some underlying issues. However Saturday and Sunday turned out to be truly horrible days for us stability wise, making it difficult to argue against having the Mig21 reintroduced.

The weekend is obviously peek time for us however we do see some strong numbers during the week, which led us to initially believe the server was running much better. But at the weekend the server was packed with 50+ clients after we raised the client limit to 61. This seemed to take its toll on stability and we witness several very annoying crashes over both days.

So for now it looks like the server did indeed run better with the Mig21 removed when numbers were consistently below approx 40-45 clients, but during peek times it didn't make much difference having the aircraft removed.

With all this in mind we feel its better to give the Mig21 back to the community and deal with any issues that arise from it, rather than remove it for 'speculated' stability and isolate those who almost exclusively fly online in our server.

@SFAL

I will work on your FARP request in the next few days (shakes fist!!) ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

As Xcom noted in a previous post ,a reproducible issue that brings the servers down when ~50-60 clients are connected ,is when a player with a low end pc tries to connect in. This is also connected with the MiG-21 speculation as it has heavier textures and when this particular client tries to connect in these modules (MiG-21,Mi-8 ) you will propable have an even worst result.

We tested this many times and the solution is to get these clients first inside the server before any others connect.

Unfortunately this solution is not valid for a 24/7 server like yours as you can't control this, but it is perfect for multiplayer events where clients join together in the server at the same time. It can help you for the Red flag and future events. Also this could help if it could reach to ED.Normally it happens when they try to connect in the server for the first time.For some reason they are ok after this even if they respawn or reconnect.

You can check the logs after each crash and see if it happens when some clients try to connect then.The same clients did not cause any issues when the server had ~30-40 clients.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

;2384219']

After our week long test we have decided to reintroduce the Mig21 into the Dedicated Server.

Well that is good news! Really like MiG-21 and 104th server, let's hope that DCS World 2.0 magically resolve all stability issues :music_whistling:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

@Maverick

sounds like this will be a good decision for the community, as long as they are not expecting perfect 100% of the time.

Im new to the multi-player side of DCS, and i have been following this thread for a while and really hope to start trying it out very soon. I have read others say the same thing so i know im not totally along but there is a bit of intimidation when first jumping into the real online multi-player server side of DCS. i think it will give me more interaction and enjoyment in the world of DCS once i can get myself to start. Just dont want to be "that guy" that comes in and does everything wrong.

That said i really like what i see in how this server/community seems to be run and look forward to it... thank you for your work and focus on building such a strong system for us all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

there is a bit of intimidation when first jumping into the real online multi-player server side of DCS.

Ahh I remember those days very well :joystick: I still get a little nervous taxiing out from time to time, especially now there are lots and lots of very talented virtual fighter pilots out there these days!

Just dont want to be "that guy" that comes in and does everything wrong.

Don't worry about being that guy, we've all been there, everyone has to start somewhere! The sooner you start making mistakes the sooner you start learning!

100% the best thing you can do is get on TeamSpeak and find a buddy to fly with who knows what he is doing. This is a much more pleasant experience than the alternative which is panic followed by frustration because you don't even know what happened ... you just know your dead :)

You'll find lots of people on our TeamSpeak server who can help you out or you can meet up with someone via the forums and arrange to fly with them.

Obviously new comers are welcome in our DCS server but for people getting started in DCS I also highly recommend two other servers, the Virtual Aerobatics Server which is a non combat server, well suited to learning aircraft handling without the pressure of people trying to kill you!

And the =TAW= Server, similar to our Dedicated server however they have external views enabled which makes getting to grips with going from an aircraft to a weapon a little easier.

Looking forward to seeing you in the virtual skies sir, thanks for your kind words!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I haven't really been playing DCS for long enough to say anything with absolute certainty, but it feels like the lag has been way worse during the past few days.

Before when it was running on the beta there were spikes of bad fps, but they tended to go away after a little bit of time. Now it feels like whenever the fps plummets it stays bad until the map switches, and you're stuck running at about 20fps for however long that takes.

I thought it was maybe the player count, but the drop seems to happen too suddenly for that.

Are you running on Fullscreen or Windowed mode?

If you are running on Windowed try running on Fullscreen instead and see if it improves.

I flew in the server today and had to lag issues at all, I fly with fullscreen selected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No I run fullscreen always, GTX680, 3930k and 16gb ram.

It certainly doesn't always suffer from poor fps, but it does definitely feel like its been more persistent when there is slowdown.

I'll get a counter up next time to get a better idea of how much the fps is actually varying, but running with sub 30 is very noticeable.

Edited by iLOVEwindmills

The likely culprit is the Southern side of the map iLOVEwindmills, especially if you run the morevisibility mod at higher-extreme settings. Spesifically, looking at the area Between Gudalauta and Tbilisi the fps drops drastically when the cities and buildings come to the view.

The problem atleast for me was partially circumventable by changing the structures value in graphics.lua to around 10, 10000 in the distance setting I was using

There is a bug in operation Leopard. Blue has several mig-21 CAP slots on Beslan airfield, however the airfield doesn't house any AA weaponry for the migs, only fueltanks and aso/sprd.

+1 on this one.

I landed yesterday to rearm and refuel, but was only able to get fuel.

Looking in F10 to see the inventory of beslan it showed no A-A missiles at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Hello,

I think I get banned but dont know why...

Can someone help?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I dont see you on our banned list sir.

Best to come on to our TeamSpeak to get this sorted, this forum is not really the place.

Join our teamspeak and enter the Help Desk channel and someone will help you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;2391703']Issue at Beslan now fixed' date=' thanks for the heads up![/quote']

:thumbup:

There are also some inconsistencies on the pre- and post- mig slots airfield allocation. Some missions now have the mig pushed back to the further airfields, and some carry asymmetric starting positions for blue/red mig slots, causing the migs on the better side to have a significant fuel advantage. Certainly not the end of the world, but it does create incentive to choose the 'better' side in some missions compared to 'evening out' the population.

After we removed the Mig21 for the week long test they were added back into the missions in a rushed fashion due to my lack of time, I ended up just putting them anywhere I could.

We'll get this fixed in the next few days for you guys to balance it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;2391890']After we removed the Mig21 for the week long test they were added back into the missions in a rushed fashion due to my lack of time, I ended up just putting them anywhere I could.

We'll get this fixed in the next few days for you guys to balance it out.

Great!

:thumbup:

Hey Mav, I've been flying regularly this week in the Mig-21 during the afternoon but unfortunately its always the same mission Op. Leopard at night.

I don't know how you've got it setup but I'm guessing 4 missions rotating every 6 hours equalling 24 hours total. It would be great if you could add a fifth mission Op. Leopard daytime or my fave able archer to break the cycle of same missions at the same time of day.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org