Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

The big unknown is how much stuff they want to release with the Corsair? They talked about period AI units and of course at least the Iwo Jima map. Will they wait until enough stuff of the hinted Pacific project is finished or are they willing to release the F4U before?

I'm pretty sure they will release the F4U when its ready, regardless of the status of the other stuff. The Viggen map will also be released much later than the Viggen itself. There is no point to hold it back.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No doubts about that, but the Corsair is already on their list and is supposed to come before the Tomcat :)

Though I think the Tomcat may actually come out first. :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2875032&postcount=36

Both Cobra and Rudel have mentioned some new terrain technology that is needed for their Iwo Jima map (no idea what). I have the feeling that projects that are new map "dependent" will be released after projects that can work with the current maps (even if a specialized theater is later released for the project).

Also, from what was said during the Viggen AMA (

)

- the plans may have moved away from "bundled" theaters to more of "optional" theaters. Given the enormous effort to create a new map, it seems unrealistic to include it free with an aircraft (IMHO) - unless it is fairly small, which may limit it's usefulness.

There has been little mention of the upcoming Viggen map since September of 2015. From the AMA, it is still underway, but I wonder if plans have changed. Maybe the new plan is for a larger theater, but not bundled.

I still think that the new theaters are among the most exciting of upcoming projects and I'm hoping to learn more next year. But I doubt that it will be a standard feature, more of a complimentary product.

-Nick

Though I think the Tomcat may actually come out first. :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2875032&postcount=36

Both Cobra and Rudel have mentioned some new terrain technology that is needed for their Iwo Jima map (no idea what). I have the feeling that projects that are new map "dependent" will be released after projects that can work with the current maps (even if a specialized theater is later released for the project).

Also, from what was said during the Viggen AMA (

)

- the plans may have moved away from "bundled" theaters to more of "optional" theaters. Given the enormous effort to create a new map, it seems unrealistic to include it free with an aircraft (IMHO) - unless it is fairly small, which may limit it's usefulness.

There has been little mention of the upcoming Viggen map since September of 2015. From the AMA, it is still underway, but I wonder if plans have changed. Maybe the new plan is for a larger theater, but not bundled.

I still think that the new theaters are among the most exciting of upcoming projects and I'm hoping to learn more next year. But I doubt that it will be a standard feature, more of a complimentary product.

-Nick

I basically agree with all you have said, but some remarks:

- I think it was never said, that the maps were supposed to come for free with the aircraft. They were planned with the respective aircraft in mind, but not as part of the module. IIRC they haven't decided how to sell them. I'm pretty sure they will just be normal map modules like NTTR or Normandy and there might be bundle discounts if bought together with the respective aircraft. But as I said: That's to be determined.

- I think they said during the AMA, that they're still waiting for some tools from ED to step up map making. They have a dedicated team for this in Poland though.

- The Corsair can be released just fine without it's map, like the Viggen.

- They planned to create an entire pacific theatre with different aircraft, maps and even ground units.

- I'm also more and more under the impression, that the Tomcat might come before the Corsair. That's why I always take care to include words like "they said" or "they planned", because Tomcat before the Corsair is, what they told us, although I have my doubts about this still beeing the case.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

- I think it was never said, that the maps were supposed to come for free with the aircraft. They were planned with the respective aircraft in mind, but not as part of the module. IIRC they haven't decided how to sell them. I'm pretty sure they will just be normal map modules like NTTR or Normandy and there might be bundle discounts if bought together with the respective aircraft. But as I said: That's to be determined.

At one point LNS had planned to include the theater for free as part of their modules (small map), but I think those plans changed a while ago.

While plans may change, we currently hope to bundle two small theatres for free with both of the aircraft we're planning to release this year.

Both theatres are significantly different from each other and will require the construction of a lot of content that can be re-used down the line.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2333049&postcount=1

Also, from what I've heard only the Pacific maps are awaiting new terrain tech. The other planned maps and tons of content for their maps are well underway (with their team in Poland doing much of the work - as you said :)

). But the huge scope of work means that the maps won't be ready for a while.

Though, since most of these details have not been stated explicitly, it is subject to a fair bit of interpretation.

But I agree, we are pretty much on the same page concerning these topics. :)

-Nick

At one point LNS had planned to include the theater for free as part of their modules (small map), but I think those plans changed a while ago.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...49&postcount=1

So you're right, he actually did say that. I guess we will have to wait and see how this all works out. :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 year later...
So maybe Saab 39 Gripen??

Sadly you can't expect for a country to declassify the most advanced fighter they have. Sure it's 4th gen, and the Americans are fairly open about their 4th gens. But the difference comes in the fact that the USA already operates 5th gen aircraft in numbers, and is looking to phase out it's 4th gens. So for them, it's no big deal to be open. However, such a thing cannot be said about Sweden. Who, despite having plans to develop 5th gen aircraft, still have a 4th gen max fleet of aircraft.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

So you're right, he actually did say that. I guess we will have to wait and see how this all works out. :)

While bundling maps with the modules was our hopes initially we have realised that this is probably not really feasible given the amount of work going into making them. Buuut, everything is subject to change as usual :) We decided to not include "free theatre" in module description as we just can't say yet.

/D

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

While bundling maps with the modules was our hopes initially we have realised that this is probably not really feasible given the amount of work going into making them. Buuut, everything is subject to change as usual :) We decided to not include "free theatre" in module description as we just can't say yet.

/D

Yeah, including an entire map for free in an aircraft module seemed kinda odd to me, given the amount of work that is needed. Offering them seperately is fair enough. ED is doing the same with their maps. :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sadly you can't expect for a country to declassify the most advanced fighter they have...

Reasonable but one thing I never really understood is why they never opted for the interception version JA-37, which chronologically is older than the AJS ground attack version.

I'm talking about the basic version JA-37, not the JA-37D upgrade.

After all they should only make a change to the cockpit: the external model and flight model are practically identical (I speak of the JA-37 and AJS versions).

It would be a great added value in terms of gameplay achievable with less development time (compared to the creation of a completely new module).

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Reasonable but one thing I never really understood is why they never opted for the interception version JA-37, which chronologically is older than the AJS ground attack version.

I'm talking about the basic version JA-37, not the JA-37D upgrade.

After all they should only make a change to the cockpit: the external model and flight model are practically identical (I speak of the JA-37 and AJS versions).

It would be a great added value in terms of gameplay achievable with less development time (compared to the creation of a completely new module).

Bye

Phant

Yes, indeed.

Though there may still be some classified things about the IFF/comms system used for interception. I hope that the Swedish government would also be understanding on this issue too. Because as you said, the systems are really old.

And of course, I would also love a JA-37 in DCS. Who wouldn't?

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Though there may still be some classified things about the IFF/comms system used for interception...

AFAIK, for IFF all modules use a "basic" system supplied directly by ED (due to the classification of this kind of systems).

Bye

Phant

AMVI

AFAIK, for IFF all modules use a "basic" system supplied directly by ED (due to the classification of this kind of systems).

Bye

Phant

Classification is not an issue here. ED could very well implement a working IFF if they would want to do so. I made some proposals in the following thread two years ago: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=161240

The only thing that is really secret about IFF are the correct codes that need to be entered by the pilot and they change every day during operations. Heatblur even implemented the IFF system in the Viggen, but had to deactivate it as there is nothing in DCS where it can interact with:

When we developed the Viggen we actually developed a simple transponder based IFF challenge/reply system. The issue is that it's.. well, useless in the context of DCS because the only aircraft equipped with this level of detail would be the Viggen.

I believe we deactivated the code and the IFF panel buttons work but do not do anything.

Tornado3 small.jpg

JAS 39 GRIPPEN PLEASEEEEE

saab_jas_39_gripen_fighters_4k-wide.jpg

Yes, we would all want it. Yes, it would be awesome. But...

But you can't just expect a country to fully declassify the most advanced fighter it has, just because someone asked for it.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

The reason why USA is so open with their 4th gen aircraft is that they are already operating 5th gen ones in numbers. Why be secretive about something that you are already phasing out? However the story with Sweden is much different. And yes, an A/B model would be older than the current variants. But some classified systems still carry over to the never ones, and thus remain classified.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

what makes you say that?

they are making Su-27 and MiG-29 improvements, so I am sure that at some point they will get around to making it.

(Especially since you can buy a ride in a -31 and a guy in the USA bought a working -29)

EDIT: here is the proof:

I've just tossed all my supercar dreams out the window. I don't care about those toys anymore. I want me a Mig 29! :pilotfly:

Imagine the look of awe the the faces of your neighbours as you taxi you Mig 29 out of the garage...:megalol:

Z...

Regarding Gripen:

So, not happening anytime soon. Their next aircraft after the Tomcat will be another multiseat jet aircraft.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hopefully it's something modern for the Red side.

But I think it will be Heatblur announcing a Tornado or ED announcing a F-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440