DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

20 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Well... Honestly, it's the "feature" that has no place to be in the first place... I mean, if I want to open the CommsMenu why should I want do this with the pinkie?

But whatever. I'll keep it disable and live with it. I guess there's no perfect solution, at lest for me, here.

Now, just a question while we're here: I noticed that I can't shut down both engine simultaneously: if I stop both my throttle by lifting them and bring them full stop only one of them gets stopped in the sim. It looks like DCS can't somehow handle the double event, and doesn't seem to be profile-specific. Of course, using two engines I guess I should stop them separately anyway, so no real issue, but can you confirm just for the sake of curiosity?

Hi homefries in the Av8B profile i have 2 main issues:

despite what i do, sensor select forward and left are red in the menu controls (yes i have selected all three modifiers as usual for the other profiles and I have loaded the custom Lua both for saved games and dcs world folder) and are not working in game.

Second main issue is that when i raise the gear up my control hangs up for about 5-6 second.

It happens everytime, i also restarted the Fast service...the whole Pc but this is always here (and is there also in other profiles as i already reported).

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

despite what i do, sensor select forward and left are red in the menu controls (yes i have selected all three modifiers as usual for the other profiles and I have loaded the custom Lua both for saved games and dcs world folder) and are not working in game.

Are you running Windows 10 by any chance? We've encountered this issue as well and have reported it to ED, but please contribute to that thread with your reports and observations.

Second main issue is that when i raise the gear up my control hangs up for about 5-6 second.

It happens everytime, i also restarted the Fast service...the whole Pc but this is always here (and is there also in other profiles as i already reported).

On the CTS Values page for Global values, select the category LED/Lighting Options and set Allow Flashing MFD LEDs on transitions to 0. That should at least reduce the burden on FAST.

OK I think the fix is to set a shortcut on your desktop. Right click it select Advanced then check the box Run as Administrator..

I first thought this did not fix it but I have been doing more testing and it has been working fine so far.. I am going to do some more testing to make sure it is in fact the fix for this issue..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Are you running Windows 10 by any chance? We've encountered this issue as well and have reported it to ED, but please contribute to that thread with your reports and observations.

On the CTS Values page for Global values, select the category LED/Lighting Options and set Allow Flashing MFD LEDs on transitions to 0. That should at least reduce the burden on FAST.

Yes I have win 10... about the lights I will try and report back

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Homefries,

i tried your suggestion....but the freeze after the landing gear up is still there...

Anyway it is not so bad probably the sensor switch FWD and LEFT redded out is worse.

Still worse is the Su33 profile which i cannot use at all....since as i touch the throttle it freezes and never recovers....

Is there a way to eliminate all the lighting stuff from the profiles?Since i would like to try that as with a profile i did for Falcon BMS i had the same exact issue (of the su33 profile) and when i commented the code for using the throttle led with AP and afterburner all came back to normal (i tried that yesterday evening)

Make sure the logical Gear State is up (i.e. you shouldn't see LED2 illuminated on your LMFD. If logical gear state is down, S3 will do both functions since it is a hold command for the NWS. The logical gear state must be up for the TEMPO to work.

For TDC Action, I agree. Right now, since the TDC is not tied to analog axes, the only thing I could do was add a digital dead zone to the center area. You will see this in 2.05.

This is correct. The routine was put in to clear the comms menu after DCS displays it.

It all depends on your TrackIR setting. On the CTS Values page, select the Hardware Configuration category and assign 0 to use H1 for POV, 1 to use TrackIR, or 2 for VR. If you use H1 for POV, this is the default function, with S3+H1 Long for trim and S3+H1 short for Padlock. Otherwise, head tracking takes care of POV and H1 is trim with S3+H1 padlock (or rudder trim/reset trim, etc per the HOTAS graphic).

I'll put an explanation for POV users in the manual.

So the F-5 still uses a digital TDC? I thought it was changed to analog by now. I don't often fly the F-5, so if it needs to go back to a digital TDC map that's an easy fix. I'll investigate further.

Hi Homefries,

I have reinstalled everything.

I believe that their is an issue with the commstate. When ever I put my gears up/down, no lights are changed on the mfds.

I could be that the programm doesn't understand that the gears are up and therefore, the S3 button always reset the camera even if we keep is fully pressed. Also, the fast slew (with the S3 pressed) doesn't work.

Just to double checked, I have tried the Falcon BMS profile that I have and the led are functionning as expected (I thought maybe my cougar has issue but not the case)

For the "red line" in the joystick configuration in DCS, I solved it:

I went into the:

Saved/Games/DCS/Config/Input/AV8BNA/joystick

Saved/Games/DCS/Config/Input/AV8BNA/keyboard

I saw that I had thrusmaster combined lua files..I.deleted them.

Then I tried again homefries profile and it did work. No more red line into the joystick configuration file under DCS

Could any other pilot confirm or not that the S3 function works correctly with the Harrier ? that would help Homefries and myself to understand if this is my computer or a programm issue.

Edited by cobragva

Hi Homefries,

I have reinstalled everything.

I believe that their is an issue with the commstate. When ever I put my gears up/down, no lights are changed on the mfds.

For the "red line" in the joystick configuration in DCS, I solved it:

I went into the:

Saved/Games/DCS/Config/Input/AV8BNA/joystick

Saved/Games/DCS/Config/Input/AV8BNA/keyboard

I saw that I had thrusmaster combined lua files..I.deleted them.

Then I tried again homefries profile and it did work. No more red line into the joystick configuration file under DCS

Could any other pilot confirm or not that the S3 function works correctly with the Harrier ? that would help Homefries and myself to understand if this is my computer or a programm issue.

When I remove the LUA file Thrustmaster Combined my Shift and S3 Buttons do NOT work.. I then reinstated the LUA file and the buttons worked fine so that is the problem there..

To get this to work properly you need to set the Shortcut to run as admin..

On your DCS Shortcut on the Desktop, highlight it and right click then press Properties.. a new screen pops up on the lower right you see advanced, click that then another window pops up put a check in the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" then your Profile will work..

If it is still red just renname the DCS Folder in Saved games and create a new one then redo the profile and your settings.. I have not had a problem since I did this..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Homefries,

i tried your suggestion....but the freeze after the landing gear up is still there...

Anyway it is not so bad probably the sensor switch FWD and LEFT redded out is worse.

Still worse is the Su33 profile which i cannot use at all....since as i touch the throttle it freezes and never recovers....

Is there a way to eliminate all the lighting stuff from the profiles?Since i would like to try that as with a profile i did for Falcon BMS i had the same exact issue (of the su33 profile) and when i commented the code for using the throttle led with AP and afterburner all came back to normal (i tried that yesterday evening)

I don't have an option to remove all lighting because the MFD lighting is integral to the profile functionality (especially in indicating the logical gear state). However, I have put in a delay between LED cycles to make things easier.

What I recommend trying first is installing the MFD drivers from the TM website. When it comes to the LEDs, I've found these drivers to be much less problematic than the Windows drivers. If this doesn't work, try increasing the Deconfliction Delay between LED Activations value (default is 50ms).

When I remove the LUA file Thrustmaster Combined my Shift and S3 Buttons do NOT work.. I then reinstated the LUA file and the buttons worked fine so that is the problem there..

Fellas,

As this issue is now known to be a Windows 10 issue, please limit the conversation to this thread. This also allows all details to reside in one location. FWIW, I have added another appendix to the Setup Guide which details this issue. The updated Setup Guide will be in 2.05.

Edited by Home Fries

Hi Homefries,

Warthog - Harrier profile

I did reinstalled everything on 2 different PC and still these 2 functions don't work correctly:

- Uncage: (S3+tdc middle)

- I does work well when I am not on TV

- However, when on TV, it reset the view. For your information, I follow this maverick methodology :

- If I uncage using the keyboard, it works well but not with your profile. Try it and let me know if this work with you

- S3+ tdc would be fast tdc.

- I don't see any difference keeping S3 pressed.

Thanks anyway for your Harrier profile, it is great ...I actually enjoy a lot all the profiles you created for the other DCS airplanes !!!!

best,

Cobra

Edited by cobragva

- Uncage: (S3+tdc middle)

- I does work well when I am not on TV

- However, when on TV, it reset the view. For your information, I follow this maverick methodology :

- If I uncage using the keyboard, it works well but not with your profile. Try it and let me know if this work with you

- S3+ tdc would be fast tdc.

- I don't see any difference keeping S3 pressed.

Hi Cobra,

This is a dumb question, but do you have the diff.lua for the keyboard imported to your settings (should be TARGET AV8B kb v204N/R.diff.lua)?

All,

With the pending release of DCS World 2.5 and the branching of DCS 1.5 to an unsupported legacy build, I will be doing the same thing with this TARGET script.

The upcoming version will be optimized for DCS World 1.5.8, then it will be frozen and branched as 2.10. The next version specific to DCS World 2.5 will be 2.20. This allows users of my script to continue using it in DCS 1.5 without new features breaking old compatibility, and also provides me with enough flexibility to make minor updates to the 2.1x line of the script as necessary.

As it stands now, there is nothing you need to do to prep for compatibility. The software is the same as it has been. You can have two versions of CTS installed as long as they are in separate folders. The only thing that will change is that the installer will prompt you to install for 2.5, 1.5, or both. The worst that can happen if you select "both" and install to your existing CTS folder is that you will have to re-download CTS 2.20 again as well as the legacy CTS (2.05). Your existing settings will automatically be updated for 2.20. You will also be able to back up your existing CTS.dat and copy it over to the CTS_Legacy folder once the 2.10 legacy branch is introduced. This will port your existing settings to the legacy branch as well. Just be sure you move CTS.dat over to 2.10 prior to updating to 2.20.

More to follow, but I just wanted to announce my migration plan in parallel with the DCS World 2.5 release.

Edited by Home Fries
Changed legacy version from 2.05 to 2.10

Hi Homefries,

Yes,i have the kb 204n loaded. If you follow thr video methodology, does it work for you ?

I’ve been so slammed at work I haven’t had time to check. I figured I would ask the low hanging fruit first.

I’ll give it a look tonight.

I haven't tried either Viacom Pro or VoiceAttack, though it looks as if it will be a good replacement for VAC (which is in the profile but deprecated), and probably a more integrated solution.

If anybody would like me to support this, please PM me and be ready to contribute toward a purchase of both items.

+1

Yes please support VIACOM PRO. :thumbup:

Maybe you can give us some advice on how to use VIACOM PRO from your fantastic TARGET software. :helpsmilie:

Thanks.

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Is there a way to get the CTS window to be larger on screen? Reading the button map pages in kind of difficult.

There is no way to resize the window, but there are features and workarounds to alleviate the limitations.

First, you can click on any large image, and it will open the full size image in the window. From there you can scroll to where you're looking, then use the back arrow ( < ) to return.

Second, all images are in Docs\Profile JPGs. This is originally how the files were distributed (intended for printing) before the HTML docs in 2.0.

Third, you can right click and "download" the image (save target as).

Finally, you can go into Docs\HTML folder and open any of the html files. You will still see the scaled down images (this is by design for the smaller window), but you can still click on the image to see the fullscreen image.

Hope this helps,

I don't have an option to remove all lighting because the MFD lighting is integral to the profile functionality (especially in indicating the logical gear state). However, I have put in a delay between LED cycles to make things easier.

What I recommend trying first is installing the MFD drivers from the TM website. When it comes to the LEDs, I've found these drivers to be much less problematic than the Windows drivers. If this doesn't work, try increasing the Deconfliction Delay between LED Activations value (default is 50ms).

Fellas,

As this issue is now known to be a Windows 10 issue, please limit the conversation to this thread. This also allows all details to reside in one location. FWIW, I have added another appendix to the Setup Guide which details this issue. The updated Setup Guide will be in 2.05.

Homefries...i did that, and i also raised the delay for LEDs....i disabled all the led feature i could in CTS, but i still have problems:

- AV8B profile seems ok now, only thing is that i have to delete the cfg from saved games folder and reimport it everytime because of redded out items

- Mirage 2000 keeps freezing at the start of the missio, basically the mission starts with throttle all forward and stick at the center which i cannot move at all after 5/6 seconds it unfreeze and if i am lucky i can take off...but anyway during states transition (gear up/down) it freezes again sometimes it don't recover after the usual 5/6 seconds and i crash on the ground

- A10C problems freezes for 5/6 seconds during gear up

- All FC3 profiles (i tried all of them just to understand what was happening) are completely unusable, as i move the throttle all the axis stops moving and the only thing i can do is stop the profile and close the sim.

I have also all ww2 modules and F5E but i still didn't try it in the latest weeks so i don't know if they are ok or not.

Also i have some difficulties switching profiles using mfd, for example not always when i press s3+LOSB1 it activates the switching routine..sometimes i have to try 4/5 times sometimes i have to stop the profile and restart again. Also when the switching routine activates sometimes happens that when i press one of the osb to switch profile the profile reacts with lot of delay...this is minor but i report anyway...

i hope you understand that mine are not complains but just costructive feedback hoping to help you and others.

Also if you should need it i am willing to shot a video with my cell phone of the reported issues

Anyway i think that win10 and latest thrustmaster software are the root of the problems.....but who knows

Hi Homefries,

As all the other profiles from you work great with my warthog, i will try a last thing (sorry..i am stupid, I should have though about it before). Could you send my on my personal email (you have it from the beta test) your hotas wathog file ? I was wondering it my issue might be due to a different config that i set up.

I will just test it for the harrier and if if works, it mean that it is one of the parameter i used that created the issue.

Thank you in advance

Best,

Cobra

Homefries...i did that, and i also raised the delay for LEDs....i disabled all the led feature i could in CTS, but i still have problems:

<...>

Anyway i think that win10 and latest thrustmaster software are the root of the problems.....but who knows

You’re probably right about Windows 10, and my opinions on FAST are no secret. Best I can do is add more workarounds.

Last night I added a -1 parameter to the LED transition value, which disables the gear/airbrake LEDs altogether. If that works I can expand it to CommState and PTT as well. It will be in the next release, which should be out shortly.

@Cobra, I’ll touch base with you about beta testing after I branch and freeze 2.10 and start on 2.20. If I learned anything these past few years, it’s to not manage three builds simultaneously .

Will this work with 2.5 Open beta? I just found this thread and want to set up my Warthog but want to make sure it works with 2.5 first before I fuddle with it cuz it looks complicated.
Homefries will release a version dedicated to 2.5 anyway I think that basically it should work right now as well...maybe it is better to not install the Lua files.

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

Shortly, I'll be releasing a final version for 1.5. This will work with 2.5, though if there are any updates to the control luas it may not be 100% compatibility (more likely 98%). I know that the Harrier TPOD updates mean that the SSw must be updated. This will be in the release. Right now that's the only update I know of, but I'm still downloading 2.5.

And you should use the latest diff.lua files (though no promises on the external mod lua files). More to follow.

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs)

2.05 is up. Please get it through the autoupdater. It hasn’t been tested with 2.5 yet, but with any luck this should become the frozen build for DCS 1.5 legacy.

It should work just fine with 2.5, though I anticipate releasing a fully compatible 2.5 version with the 2.5 official release.

One more thing: I have been so swamped with real life that I rushed this version more than usual. If you run into bugs, please let me know ASAP so I can fix them before freezing this as the legacy branch. It was either rush the release or wait 3 weeks...I figured you all would prefer this approach.