P51 Air control switches

I have read the manual and believe I understand when and how to use the oil and radiator air switches. My only question is in regards to how long to hold the switches for activation. From my understanding there is full open, full closed, auto, and off. Off leaves them where they are at, open is open, closed is closed, and auto adjusts in between as needed. Kinda poorly imo but I digress. So yeah, my question is how long do I have to hold the switch for it to be activated to said position, open or closed? 1 second, 4 seconds etc. I'm pretty sure once the switch is activated to either side then it goes full open or full closed. The manual says you must hold it, but not for a given amount of time. I have also seen some people say hold for 4 seconds. Kind of a silly question I know, but its just my ocd needing to know how the switches work. In other words are they just "on/off" switches that require a tap of the switch to activate full open or full closed positions? Or does it need to be held down until the doors travel to fully open or fully closed? My assumption is no holding is required to get full open full closed just a tap and it goes full in either direction. If that is NOT the case, lets say the switch takes 4 second hold to get full open, what happens if I hold for 2 seconds? Does it only open half way? I don't know how else to word this I hope I'm not confusing anyone lol.

1366936290_Screenshot(283).thumb.png.e851b66f07bcaabf1c95cf8bee677112.png

600946823_Screenshot(282).png.10c8b1d1be6b2fcf77367badfd83ec04.png

Edited by KooDeRR Whistle

You can listen for them. Takes maybe 20-30 secs. I don't remember exactly. And no, this doesn't work so good with engine running (never even tried but ...).

Engine off you can hear buzzing sound while flap actuator operates. Take a listen with a stop watch. You may need to turn up the volume.

You can also go external mode and watch. Just verified this is possible. Click and hold Open or Close and then while holding mouse button hit F2 and rotate camera view with numpad keys so you can see flap move.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

You can listen for them. Takes maybe 20-30 secs. I don't remember exactly. And no, this doesn't work so good with engine running (never even tried but ...).

Engine off you can hear buzzing sound while flap actuator operates. Take a listen with a stop watch. You may need to turn up the volume.

You can also go external mode and watch. Just verified this is possible. Click and hold Open or Close and then while holding mouse button hit F2 and rotate camera view with numpad keys so you can see flap move.

Awesome didn't think of that. I fully understand how they work now. Thank you!

Awesome didn't think of that. I fully understand how they work now. Thank you!

One of many small details that so impressed me with the free TF51D that it made me buy further DCS modules. Always wished for a real 'flight simulation' while flying more 'arcadish' games.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))