Bonus System

Greb

So after purchasing almost every module I have 4 bucks in bonus points.....

When I purchased the Harrier I got 16 bucks now I have 4 dollars and haven't used any points on anything. I have never used points to purchase anything because these so called points are never available.

Just more BS from DCS!

Yes, the bonus point system is indeed pretty bad, especially for true fans that always buy modules as soon as they are available in pre-sale. I have collected 65$ of bonus points over time and I've almost never been given the opportunity to spend them. To do so I would have to wait until modules are out of pre-sale which would keep me from playing them during Early Access :(

While I agree with you about on the subject, I don't agree on the wording. We have certain standards here:

1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If you purchased during a sale then you won't receive bonus points, but you will save more money overall.

Why does it say "Bonus 16$" on the pre-sale Hornet then, which is the exact amount of bonus points I recieved for buying it?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Bonus rules can be found here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/bonus_rules/

maybe your bonus points have been sat so long they have expired?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The other side of the coin. I have used bonus points on modules that I may not have bothered with otherwise. I guess in total it must equate to about 60$

I don't understand how it works completely but its better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick ;)

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

indeed i think its pretty bad, i have some bucks on bonus but im sure i will never use them and that makes me loose the "good" feeling about receiving bonuses. because im sure we have a bonuss sistem to incentive money spending. so... meh...

Hopes it gets better with tmie.

edit: well... im eating my words... 70% bonus event lmao.

edti2: oh well... only for those modules that are pricey this days :o

Edited by shonist

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Just a quick question on the bonus points scheme: I have $26 in bonus points, and wanted to use them in the 70% sale currently on to go towards the A-10C, currently $39.99. 70% of 39.99 is just short of $28, but the store will only let me use $12 of my points. Any ideas?

447013354_dcsorder.thumb.JPG.f66dae85b9d6f3a4429b2b59843b83a5.JPG

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Just a quick question on the bonus points scheme: I have $26 in bonus points, and wanted to use them in the 70% sale currently on to go towards the A-10C, currently $39.99. 70% of 39.99 is just short of $28, but the store will only let me use $12 of my points. Any ideas?

From the rules:

"A product can be paid by use of bonuses no more than 30% (thirty percent) of the full product price. We retain the right to change this percentage at any time and at our discretion."

All the rules here:

The bonus system works perfect! Please don't screw with it.

From the rules:

"A product can be paid by use of bonuses no more than 30% (thirty percent) of the full product price. We retain the right to change this percentage at any time and at our discretion."

All the rules here:

So the DCS World 70% Off Bonus Event is a lie or joke?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3368158#post3368158

From the rules:

All the rules here:

From ED yesterday:

"DCS World 70% Off Bonus Event

From now until the end of the DCS World 2.5 Open Beta period, use your bonus points to save up to 70% off the modules that will be subject to the price change noted above.

In the store checkout page, select the option to use your bonus points."

That's where my confusion comes from.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

It's very simple and straightforward. Most purchases you can apply a bonus to. Usually there is a maximum limit of 30%, but offers can and do change that. If a discount has been added it may or may not remove bonus point use. For example 2.5 is currently discounted, and you cannot apply bonus points.

If ED decide you can get up to 70% of the purchase price in bonus points then you can exceed the 30% limit. The bonus points can be applied to anything they decide to include, and cannot be applied to anything they exclude.

Not a joke, and no lies anywhere - just plain old confusion.

Where's the difficulty in that?

Sorry, I've probably hijacked the thread here, and as I'm not keen on the tone of the title and the responses it's bound to get I'll start a fresh one.

No, see bold text:

From the rules:

All the rules here:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not a lie, more of a joke, like the whole bonus system has always been. Note it's "up to 70", not "70" in the newsletter, so only some products hit 70, the others hit less, you'll see how much you can save in the checkout phase.

Looks like A-10C limit is still high, then.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I just contacted technical support on the e-shop, and this was the reply:

"exactly at now there is a problem with using 70% of bonus points

will be fixed asap on DCS E-shop, maybe some days later"

So, on topic for the thread, it seems that a) the bonus system is not a joke, it's just a temporary glitch, and b) to some of our friends who may have been affronted by the question I asked, the 30% limit quoted in the terms and conditions does not apply in this case, there indeed should be a 70% allowance as stated in the weekend news.

Anyway, thanks to Andrey in technical support for the help.

• Like 1

Not a lie, more of a joke, like the whole bonus system has always been. Note it's "up to 70", not "70" in the newsletter, so only some products hit 70, the others hit less, you'll see how much you can save in the checkout phase.

Looks like A-10C limit is still high, then.

That's a valid explanation, thanks for clarifying.

• ED Team

I've used my bonus many times, great thing about it is, it is also completely optional. If you don't like it you don't have to use it.

Have a read of the bonus rules, then apply the points to valid purchases, it is that simple.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've used my bonus many times, great thing about it is, it is also completely optional. If you don't like it you don't have to use it.

Have a read of the bonus rules, then apply the points to valid purchases, it is that simple.

Well, my problem is that I WANT to use it, but I can't use it as I always pre-purchase modules and because they are discounted in pre-purchase I can't use my bonus points on them. This is pretty frustrating as I have horded 65$ of bonus points... :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, my problem is that I WANT to use it, but I can't use it as I always pre-purchase modules and because they are discounted in pre-purchase I can't use my bonus points on them. This is pretty frustrating as I have horded 65$ of bonus points... :(

So in your case why not buy a new module full price on the first day of release? Take the Hornet for example: 80$ - 30% Bonus discount is 56$, so you'd save 4 bucks vs. the pre-purchase price. And you can play it the same time as everbody else. Win - win! :thumbup:

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

^ That is a good advice. I got rid of mine in a similar way. Remember that if you don't buy anything within one year, all bonus points will expire.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

So in your case why not buy a new module full price on the first day of release? Take the Hornet for example: 80$ - 30% Bonus discount is 56$, so you'd save 4 bucks vs. the pre-purchase price. And you can play it the same time as everbody else. Win - win! :thumbup:

I don't want to wait for release, because I want to play Early Access, so this is not an option for me.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't want to wait for release, because I want to play Early Access, so this is not an option for me.

You don't have to wait for release, once the pre-sale ends and module enters EA, the price goes up to full and becomes eligible for use of bonus points.