Is software required

Raisuli

I don't use Thrustmaster's software for my Warthog; do I have to use Virpil's software to make their sticks work, or are they recognized by Winblows as USB joystick/kb/mouse devices?

Would that change if I put my WH stick on the Virpil base?

VPC (VirPil) throttle use native Windows HID drivers, so is just "plug and play".

Their software is for configure buttons mode, axis to buttons, update firmware,calibration, test... changes made are saved in joystick controller EPROM, you can't need run this software in game background.

When you install a Warthog grip in VPC base you need use VPC software for load an appropriated profile for this grip, since buttons numbers is different from VPC grips in default profile.

The answer is yes and no.

You will need the virpil software for calibration and setup of your device.

Do not use windows calibration !

After that you won't need it until you need to change something.

That usually means having changed something fundamental like cams, springs or the grip itself.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

The answer is yes and no.

You will need the virpil software for calibration and setup of your device.

Do not use windows calibration !

After that you won't need it until you need to change something.

That usually means having changed something fundamental like cams, springs or the grip itself.

Well said.

Raisuli, I'll answer your specific question about putting the WH stick on the base, as I have both Virpil bases, and Cougar/WH sticks I've used on both.

How it works is simple, if you decide to change sticks for a different sim/module/whatever, you then have to go into the Virpil software, and upload a new profile to your base unit. They have provided profiles for every stick combo supported now, so it's pretty much a point click deal. You can then quickly re calibrate (if you want/need to) with the new stick on the base, re upload the profile to the base unit, and then exit the program, done. As said, although Windows does recognize the Virpil units, stay OUT OF WINDOWS joystick/game control with the Virpil units.

Their software will be a bit of a new thing for you, but there are docs available, and lots of YT videos. You can also PM me if you get stuck, as I've been fortunate to have had a lot of help from Virpil and others when I first got my T50s, regarding how the software works. There have been changes along the way with it, all to the good. You won't have any issues once you get it figured out IMO, it's very powerful software in terms of what it allows you to set up with their sticks and throttle. Highly, highly recommend their products for both their functionality, quality, as well as their excellent support.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I just ordered the WarBRD base to be used by my WH grip so I am eagerly awaiting the receipt of my base. I have watched lots of YouTube videos on how this works, but I am sure there will be some questions that I will have. I know the USB code numbers to insert in the Virpil software so I am ready to give it a go.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .