Meet and Greet

Hey guys, I'm John. Been registered on this forum for quite some time, although I've never actually posted. I figured it was time to come out of the shadows! I've been flying around in DCS for awhile now and just recently got into multiplayer. I love this sim and love watching it continually evolve.

A bit about me, 22 years old, stationed in San Diego with the Navy. I work on MH-60S helicopters there. I've loved aviation since my first airshow and hope to become a pilot someday.

Hope to see you guys around the forum and in-game!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

[i AM Pigmachine!] (almost everywhere!)

The sad part is that it's me on the profile! Not avatar!!

I spend most of my time being a bastard by nature.. I am Swedish, hostile, almost 40, and don't really like talking to people I haven't known for more then 15 years!

Too old to spend all my free time in the air, but do it anyway! I generally don't like real people, so for me you are virtual.. So I kinda like you!

I don't work, since that takes time away from my hobbies!

I were/am PigsMight on frugals..

I like beer, pretending I'm flying.. and..hmm that's it! :huh:

Oh.. and my 'feel good song' is:

Being Nothing!

Well that was a short introduction!

Metal fan and industrial nut! With Skinny Puppy On top of the list

Edited by Pigmachine

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Hello everyone. I'm George and I've been around flight simulation for some time (mostly MSFS), but got into DCS only recently. I do have old LOMAC CD-ROM somewhere, but never used it very much actually, don't ask why. :hmm: Now I'm happy with DCS:World and its free SU-25T while waiting patiently for the release of the FC3 and 3rd party addons for DCSW. Some of you might know me also from Avsim forum. I hope I'll enjoy my stay here. Fly safe. :pilotfly:

Hello I'm Joe, I live in the Florida Panhandle and I got A10C when it was first released on Direct2Drive. Initially I got frustrated with the level of complexity and an aging computer so I walked away from it for about a year. Now I have a computer that will run it and have recently purchased World/CA as well and I am glad I came back to it. It has taken me a while to get somewhat proficient with the controls but I enjoy this far more than any other sim in the past. I hope to one day be at a level where I can try the multiplayer aspect and not slow anybody down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Sabertooth Z97, 4790K @ 4.4Ghz, Corsair H110 CPU Cooler, EVGA 750XR power supply, 2XEVGA 780GTX 6GB, 16GB GSkill DDR3, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD(OS), WD 1 TB SATA (Storage), WD 3 TB SATA (Storage),Win 10 x64, ASUS 27" LED, Planar 24" Touch Screen (Helios Glass Cockpit), TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Track IR 5

• 2 weeks later...

First post, here we go.

Hi everyone, just want to quickly introduce myself.

Maybe some people know/remember (hopefully good) me from the IL2 community in hyperlobby.

As my trusty wingman retired from flight sims all together, and IL2 isn't the same to me as what it was some years ago, I'm looking for a fresh new start with the DCS series.

So far I call BS1 and A-10 my rides, and it's only a matter of days for the 51 to arrive at my local airport/hard drive.

P.S.: In the future, if time permits, I might look out for a serious squad with funny and easy going people outside the cockpit. On that note, native language is german yet english is no problem at all.

That's about me, cya all in 41k ft :pilotfly:

-=MadCat=-

Hello guys i m Stalin (Not really)

I m from Greece (yeah unemployed like most of Greeks these days).

I m 27 yrs old

I m playing ED`s games since Flanker 1.0 at my pentium 133mhz MMX!

Thats all i guess cya in game...

Ps. Ofc fan of Soviet made planes

• 1 month later...

WOW, no reply in this thread for 2 years.

Hello everyone. KernSE here.

New to DCS. I played allot of ArmA in my time and enjoyed flying allot. Thought this would be a nice step up.

I have the Tracker IR and the Thrustmaster...so I guess all I need now is some patience.

See you around.

WOW, no reply in this thread for 2 years.

Are you sure about that? ;)

Welcome to the forum though, you'll fit right in with that hardware... none of us have any patience mind so don't expect to learn that here....

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks! New to the forum and DCS World. Used to play the heck out of F16 Combat Pilot (see avatar) on my Commodore Amiga 500 back in the early '90s. Loved that sim for it's campaigning.

Fast forward to a few years ago. Bought Lock On Gold from Amazon.com and have been playing LOMAC off and on since. Was never able to register FC1 since the Gold package never had a serial number in it.

Now I'm going through the motions of getting DCS World installed and following some of the ideas here on removing the newer MS C++ crap to get the install to work. Once I get a stable DCSW package, I'll purchase and download FC3.

Happy Flying!

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Once I get a stable DCSW package, I'll purchase and download FC3.

All working good now and learning to fly the F15.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Hello all,

I needed a break from racing sims so I downloaded and installed DCS World and FC3. All seems to be well. The integrated electronic battlefield is what grabbed my interest in buying the games.The game looks and runs very nice on my 'middle-of-the-road' computer.

I have only played Falcon4 Allied Force and that was with a keyboard. I was never good at F4AF, but it was a very fun game. I bought a used HOTAS X Thrustmaster, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to program it in the game! LOL time to find and read the HOTAS X and FC3 manuals before bugging you for help. :joystick:

Hope to try out some of the online servers in the future. Please wave when you see me gliding to earth in my parachute! :music_whistling:

Welcome Patroclus! I just joined recently myself and picked up a Hotas X just a week ago.

Go to Options-->Controls and choose your plane from the first "Layer" drop-down. For basic aircraft control, choose "Axis Commands".

Pitch, Roll, Rudder, and Thrust can be set there. You should see a column in the settings for Hotas X. When I first plugged that joystick in, the game set all of those basic controls for me. If the controls aren't already there for you and the fields are blank, you just double-click into the empty box for the control and choose.

Once you have the basic Pitch, Roll, Rudder, and Thrust set up, all you need to do is go from Axis Commands to all commands and decide how you want to set up the rest of your buttons. If you scroll up and down the entire list of All Commands, you may see where the game set the defaults for your Hotas X. Any entries under that column are there by default. You can always re-program to your liking.

Hope that helps you get started and good luck! :)

Steve (Slick)

New Rookie

Hello everyone!

After I am lurking around these forums for quite a while now already and found very good and plenty information here. So I decided to finally register here and make my presence "official".

I am 42 years old, come from germany and enjoy the DCS series now for some months. In the beginning the learning curve was more than steep. That was the reason, why I had installed all modules, but never really got deeper into any of them. But I love the depth of the DCS series - I love to fiddle around and to experiment with every aspect of the games.

But during the last weeks, since christmas or so, I managed to spent some more in-depth time with the Hog. Maybe the reason was that I got myself a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - as my xmas present for myself ... *g*

I am in no way a Hog driver by now, but I think, I slowly get the hang of it. I find my way around in the cockpit, can start the thing, take off and land (if there is no wind ...) it and I am even able to shoot some bad guys! (K/D ratio is something around 4/70 ...)

In short: I love DCS, atm especially the Hog, but I also want to spent more time with the Shark. Fumbling with the devices and all the components, reading about all the stuff and just learning new things about it - that's what keeps me going. :D

And perhaps, one day, I can even add to the forums here ...

-- Flagrum

Awesome! Welcome Flagrum!

Steve (Slick)

Hello

Hello fellas,

Iam new to this Dcs Sim world i have visited this forum before but i want to use this opportunity to introduce my self.

I just love choppers a few years ago (1998 ) i had Enemy Engaged installed i loved the two seated ka 52 Hokum so much but that game had a lot of bugs so i didnt use the game often.

By luck searching for updates last year i ran in to DCS Black Shark i knew right away this would be my new baby.

Eventhough its a single seated Ka 50 with less avoinics and equipment this game was the real thing ,realistic and i could interact in the cockpit clicking switches etc etc this game captured me at once. I upgraded my hardware from saitek x45 to a Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas , Trackir , pedals, hell i even build my self a cockpit including 3 touchscreens for helios and 3 main screens as the windshield for Dcs.

In the last year i havnt flew a lot because i was eithery busy visting forums how to configure helios etc etc or Busy studying the Dcs manual but also how to configure monitors and lua files and iam by far not there yet

This forum appeared to be more helpful then i initially tought.Experienced players helped me alot. Iam not that skilled so id like to start with gamers from beginners level (rookies as my self )

Thats it than .

Edited by Clyber

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

let me be honest with you. I wanted to get the DCS stuff for a long time, but I was so intimidated by its complexity.

So recently I had the opportunity to get my hands on the Black Shark and the A10 in one package for almost no money.

I regret not buying it for the full price. From now on, I promise that I will support you guys at Eagle Dynamics properly. Well, as far as my budget allows it anyway. ;)

I did buy the P51 at the full price for a start. Next will be the Black Shark 2.

Now for the introduction part.

My name is Stefan aka Racefreak1976 aka Icarus1976 aka DrrtyOldMan1976.

Since I was a kid (and that is quite some time ago) I was hooked with Flightsims. My first was F/A-18 Interceptor on the good old Commodore Amiga.

Until now, I have never played any Helicopter games/sims. The DCS series made me want to know as much about Helis as I can possibly find out.

I think that's enough for now,

Icarus1976

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

Welcome Icarus. I had that game On the Amiga too. Liked to fly under the Golden Gate bridge.

Steve (Slick)

• 2 weeks later...

Introduction

Dear All pilots,

I,m a newbie and my name is Eddy..

my dcs game is ready...

I live in Holland, the Netherlands

These days with very cold hands.

Struggling to get my X52 pro working in DCS

Seems very complicated..

Is there a Manual how to use CONTROL in OPTIONS..??

Cannot find a Saitek profile.

Thanks

Appreciate a reply..

Eddy

echomastermindedforumpi.jpg

This one is named Erik, and live in Sweden!

I picked up DCS this December when I found A-10c on sale at Steam.

It all started at a Reddit thread that asked something like this: "If you found yourself in a zombie apocalypse, and you made your way to an abandoned military base, and just conveniently found a start-ready aircraft. Would you be able to start/fly it?"

That thread lead me to wanting to try it out, which led to many hours of flight time since December last year. This also resultet in me trying to start all the airplanes without reading the manual first, to see if the zombie apocalypse thing would save my life or not :D

Although I make it sound I've never flown a simulator before, that is not true. My flight experience started out when I was about 6-7 years old and my father bought me SU-27 FLANKER (See the picture above). I played that game so much that I still can play the game in my head when I close my eyes.

When I grew a little bit older, I played a F/A-18 Hornet simulator for some time, and used to fly model aircrafts with Methanol engines.

I've always wanted to fly a real airplane, and follow in the backseat of a jet at some point in my life. It's important to have goals, right? ;)

Anyway, before I drag this on for too long; I love flying. I'm not near anything called a hardcore simulation pilot, but I'm learning!

Oh, and also. I just created this account, but I've been lurking here since December :)

Have a good one! This game/simulator has one of the best/most mature gaming communities that I've found in recent years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello everyone! New member. I'm from Orlando, Florida in USA. I used to be an Avionics Communication Repairer in the ARMY until 2000. I just got back into simulators from years ago when I used to play Jane's Simulators and Falcon 4.0 but stopped for a while. I decided to go with DCS this time and I was happy I did. I got A-10c, KA-50 BS, P-51, CA and I still have the original Lock On.

I have a lot to learn and catch up to do. My favorite one is KA-50 since I never played a helo simulator before. I currently have CH Products Fighterstick and Pro Pedals. I will get the CH throttle pretty soon. I'm a newbie to flying helos but I am slowly learning. I have found this forum very helpful and members help a lot. I play on my days off when I'm not teaching firearms training or working with the fire dept.

Nice to meet you all!